Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Knorr, CK.. this is slick as f… ;) a major thanks.

eMBee
    Participant
    @embee

W-O-W!
    This looks so beautiful… its like the real deal…

Thank you. :yahoo:

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Another top notch build, thanks for all the long hours and passion that went into this.

3dcreation

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

@Knorr @ClarkKent, after trying this out, it’s even more glorious than in the screenshots. Simply amazing, amazing talent!

On the negative side, this table puts my GTX1070 to it’s knees like nothing else on Vpinball. I’m playing @ 165hz and in certain situations my fps drops as low as 120 and the fluctuating frame rate makes the game seem jerky and not so fun to play. Disabling AA has a small effect, but no where near enough. I also tried to resize some textures to half the size and set some primitives to static rendering, but the performance issues doesn’t seem to be connected that much to GFX and the general structure how the table is built seems quite optimized and efficient. Any ideas how to smooth the performance on this? Could it be something on the script/code side?

0Cool
    Participant
    @0cool

I left work early for this one! Man, what a great master piece again. Thank you very much, Knorr and team. Excellent job, guys. Cheers to you. :good:

CyclonePF
    Participant
    @cyclonepf

This table is an incredible masterpiece. What a beauty. The earlier version of this table from the Monster Bash site (Alessio?) has always been my favorite Visual Pinball table, and when I saw the work in progress thread here, I couldn’t wait for it to be done. I’ve been checking the site every day (sometimes multiple times a day) since then to see if there were any progress updates.

When I saw the table was released this morning, I downloaded it and played a bunch of games before work. I was late to work as a result, but it was well worth it. What a beauty. It looks and feels so real.

I did notice one oddity when I was playing, but wasn’t sure at first if I was correct in what I thought. But it appeared that at times the ball will go through the goalie and into the goal, rather than bounce off. This was kind of a rare thing, it didn’t happen that often.

Now I’m on my lunch hour at work, and I’ve been looking at You Tube while at my desk. There is already a video of this table from “World of VPX”

It seems to show the same thing with a shot at the 15 second mark into the video. I’ve captured a screen shot from the video right before the ball goes into the net and it looks like the ball should have been blocked by the goalie instead.

Anyway, thanks for the great table. I can’t wait to get home tonight and play this more. Its going to give me endless hours of fun. I already know this will likely be my most played table over the next year.

World_Cup_Soccer

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

Ugh. Why do I have to be working right now?

Thanks Knorr! Can’t wait to try it.

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor
    1. Skitso wrote:

@Knorr @ClarkKent, after trying this out, it’s even more glorious than in the screenshots. Simply amazing, amazing talent!

On the negative side, this table puts my GTX1070 to it’s knees like nothing else on Vpinball. I’m playing @ 165hz and in certain situations my fps drops as low as 120 and the fluctuating frame rate makes the game seem jerky and not so fun to play. Disabling AA has a small effect, but no where near enough. I also tried to resize some textures to half the size and set some primitives to static rendering, but the performance issues doesn’t seem to be connected that much to GFX and the general structure how the table is built seems quite optimized and efficient. Any ideas how to smooth the performance on this? Could it be something on the script/code side?

So if your are on Windows 10 you must deactivate some virus search thing. Please take a look at the circus Voltaire support thread. There were some similar issues. Please report back.

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

@cyclonepf thanks for the bug report. I’m aware of that. I didn’t found a solution for this yet. Sometimes the dropwalls stay dropped after the goalie stops. I will try some more stuff to fix this.

remy
    Participant
    @remy

awesome ! thank you Knorr for your time !

CyclonePF
    Participant
    @cyclonepf

Thanks Knorr.

I am just amazed at the quality of this table. If feels so authentic. I know that creating something like this takes a ton of work. I have over 300 tables on my cabinet, and I love them all. But the masterpieces like this one, where countless hours have been put in to making such a work of art that is near perfect in every detail, are the tables I keep coming back to play again and again.

Pinball Owner
    Participant
    @djcult

Great work!!!!!
    I only have one problem that the analog plunger is not working. :unsure:

Hawyer
    Participant
    @hawyer

This table is so good! It’s just so much fun to score goal after goal to that goalie

destructor
    Participant
    @destructor

Wooow :) Excellent table. Excellent physics, graphics, gameplay, sound.

But I see one problem – when ball is in “assist hole” and I press flipper button, then reaction for kick ball is to slow, I think it should be immediately. Please check it.

Thank for this table, you are THE MASTER.

vogliadicane
    Participant
    @vogliadicane

Oh my what a beauty! :heart:

Stood in front of my cab, closed one eye to trick my brain for 2D and thought, this is the real thing. Guys, you should all once do that, it’s incredible. Especially when the GI turns on.

@djcult
    and others. To make the plunger work, select plunger in editor and check “mechanical plunger”

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

Wooow :) Excellent table. Excellent physics, graphics, gameplay, sound.

But I see one problem – when ball is in “assist hole” and I press flipper button, then reaction for kick ball is to slow, I think it should be immediately. Please check it.

Thank for this table, you are THE MASTER.

Good point. I build in a small delay so it needs a bit more skill :)

rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

@cyclonepf thanks for the bug report. I’m aware of that. I didn’t found a solution for this yet. Sometimes the dropwalls stay dropped after the goalie stops. I will try some more stuff to fix this.

This issue is that galastpos can sometime equal ganewpos.  An if statement should fix it.  I’ll PM you the code.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

timblo
    Participant
    @timblo

great table …. but somehow I think it’s too easy to score a goal – can you make that more difficult (maybe increasing the commute of the goalkeeper)?

robertms
    Participant
    @mophead

This issue is that galastpos can sometime equal ganewpos. An if statement should fix it. I’ll PM you the code.

Precisely what I was thinking :wacko:

destructor
    Participant
    @destructor

Good point. I build in a small delay so it needs a bit more skill :)

Hehe. Maybe, but I think more realistic to real table is welcome :) I am begging you on my knees :)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW