World Cup Soccer (Bally 1994)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    toxie
    Participant
      @toxie
      VP DEVMember

I played one 2 weeks ago and it did not look half as real as this one.. :whistle:

DGPG35
      Participant
        @dgpg35
        1. Skitso wrote:

@Knorr @ClarkKent, after trying this out, it’s even more glorious than in the screenshots. Simply amazing, amazing talent!

On the negative side, this table puts my GTX1070 to it’s knees like nothing else on Vpinball. I’m playing @ 165hz and in certain situations my fps drops as low as 120 and the fluctuating frame rate makes the game seem jerky and not so fun to play. Disabling AA has a small effect, but no where near enough. I also tried to resize some textures to half the size and set some primitives to static rendering, but the performance issues doesn’t seem to be connected that much to GFX and the general structure how the table is built seems quite optimized and efficient. Any ideas how to smooth the performance on this? Could it be something on the script/code side?

So if your are on Windows 10 you must deactivate some virus search thing. Please take a look at the circus Voltaire support thread. There were some similar issues. Please report back.

I play at 4K 120 Hz (3x screen – 4K PF/4K BG/DMD+Topper video) with an RTX 2060 and have no performance issues.

• Win10  Windows Defender disabled

Only thing I had to do was balance volume, main was much lower than table (using SSF).

Thank you very much to all involved, this is an incredible table. :good:

Bentom
        Participant
          @bentom

WOW very fantastic i love this table looks very good

Thank you very much

vogliadicane
          Participant
            @vogliadicane

great table …. but somehow I think it’s too easy to score a goal – can you make that more difficult (maybe increasing the commute of the goalkeeper)?

It is actually like this in the real thing. I played the real pinball some time ago – after I had played tons of games with Alessio’s version, which I loved a lot – an I found, yes, it is actually pretty easy to get a goal. And I was king of the game, which is rarely the case, when I play with real pinball players. ;)

Alessio’s version was pretty good in my opinion and I think this version hits the nail in physics. In looks it does anyways. :)

DJRobX
              @djrobx
              MemberModerator

Gorgeous work!   Thank you, this is one of my favorites!

Curious – is there a reason the dimensions are so small?    It causes the table to be tiny in VR.   Fixing it would be a giant pain at this point, so I don’t expect a fix, but was just wondering if there was a reason to make it this way (physics?)

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.55.15 PM

Knorr
              Participant
                @knorr
                vipContributor

@djrobx Yep, I build in metric. Physics didn’t had much impact. Just was sick of calculating fantasy measurements ;).

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Zoiks…guy sleeps in a bit on his day off and this thread is already almost to 5 pages!!  Ditto what toxie said – – I’ve been playing this table at a pub next to where I work …and this looks so much better!!  Astounding work.  Thanks for all the time and amazing talent that went into this.

DJRobX
                    @djrobx
                    MemberModerator

@Knorr @ClarkKent, after trying this out, it’s even more glorious than in the screenshots. Simply amazing, amazing talent!

On the negative side, this table puts my GTX1070 to it’s knees like nothing else on Vpinball. I’m playing @ 165hz and in certain situations my fps drops as low as 120 and the fluctuating frame rate makes the game seem jerky and not so fun to play. Disabling AA has a small effect, but no where near enough. I also tried to resize some textures to half the size and set some primitives to static rendering, but the performance issues doesn’t seem to be connected that much to GFX and the general structure how the table is built seems quite optimized and efficient. Any ideas how to smooth the performance on this? Could it be something on the script/code side?

This table has a few 4k flasher images (fl_xx).   You can probably greatly reduce these without much negative visual impact as they are blurry blobs of light anyway.   We ended up using smaller flasher images in Flintstones because the 4k ones were slowing things down too much.

The F11 FPS screen actually shows you what percent is script vs GPU.   I don’t see much in this script that could be causing slowness.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Genesis38
                    Participant
                      @genesis38

This table has the best POV I have ever seen in cabinet mode. It contains enough depth just like a real pinball table. I have no idea how you did it Knorr and team, but you guys truly are artists.

Shannon
                      Participant
                        @shannon1

Thank you for another fantastic table!

Brew
                        Participant
                          @brew

Awesome job! This is next level for sure! :rose:

Meek424424
                          Participant
                            @meek424424

Thank you so much for this beautiful table. It really plays amazing and is super fun. I think I speak for everyone when I say Thank you for all your hard work and all you contribute to this wonderful hobby and community!!!

CyclonePF
                            Participant
                              @cyclonepf

Hi Knorr and Clark,

Thank you for the update with the goalie fix. I just downloaded and gave it a quick try. I’m going to keep playing. But I thought I better thank you before I get too absorbed into the game play, because I know once I am playing, I’m not going to want to quit.

joeplainfield
                              Participant
                                @joeplainfield

Been waiting for a conversion of tis one for a while since I played the real one at VFW. This , though, exceeds anything I had hoped for. Thank you and extremely well done. It iss absolutely beautiful

Skitso
                                Participant
                                  @skitso

This table has a few 4k flasher images (fl_xx). You can probably greatly reduce these without much negative visual impact as they are blurry blobs of light anyway. We ended up using smaller flasher images in Flintstones because the 4k ones were slowing things down too much.The F11 FPS screen actually shows you what percent is script vs GPU. I don’t see much in this script that could be causing slowness.

Yeah, resizing flashers was what I did the second I realized that disabling AA wasn’t enough. But it didn’t help either. Disabling widows defender was no good either. All other tables run locked 165hz on my system.

On the other news, @Knorr, you should probably rise f126a and f119 so they don’t cut the signs like this:

flasher bug

(Click image to see it full size)

EDIT: ok, so half the resolution I tried earlier clearly wasn’t small enough to make a difference. I deleted the flasher textures to have a quick test and it did actually improve things quite a bit. Still not perfect, but playable. @Knorr, could you add a performance option with considerably smaller flasher textures or at least optimize them a bit?… I can’t be the only was suffering from this. ;-)

BeachBumTN
                                  Participant
                                    @beachbumtn

Incredibly amazing effort on this table. It looks fantastic and plays even better!  Already logged a great deal of time playing tonight and look forward to more time on it over the weekend.   Thanks to all involved!

BeachBumTN
                                    Participant
                                      @beachbumtn

Oh, and malenko’s color dmd puts it over the top!

Dozzie
                                      Participant
                                        @dozzie

Absolutely blown away by this table! Tremendous work!! :)

TerryRed
                                          @terryred
                                          MemberContributorModerator

Stunning work! Absolutely gorgeous!

I don’t get to play real tables often, but when I finally had a chance to play this one, I was blown away by how cool the design was, and just how fun it was…. and I’m not a soccer fan.

VPinKrusty
                                          Participant
                                            @vpinkrusty

Ohhh boy, ohhh boy! My favorite real live table now available as vp made by a superb team!

I was so happy to see this in the wip section, and now here!

Thank you so much guys!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 207 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?