World Cup Soccer (Bally 1994)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    OlDirty
    Participant
      @oldirty

This table looks fantastic :good: . Thanks a lot for your work :rose: . Can’t wait to test it in VR and i’m also very curious about the physics. Played already on many real WCS pinball machines.

bietekwiet
      Participant
        @bietekwiet

Thank you so much Knorr and Clark Kent ! It looks fantastic!

Downloading now!

ps: Could someone please in a nutshell inform me how to install the colordmd for an LCD dmd?

I have the needed .pal and .vni files from VPuniverse and I have latest Freezydmd installed. I googled it but found conflicting info as to where to take it from there. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: SOLVED: Easy video tutorial to get (any) COLOR DMD running on a regular LCD screen can be found here:

Colordmd working on my 17 inch backglass monitor, looks sweet:

WorldCupSoccerDMD

The table looks gorgeous and plays just fantastic. What a thrill to be scoring goals especially in multiball. The penalty option from the locked ball is sweet too!

Thank you so much! My 7 year old boy will love this.

ps: Are bets on for when World Cup Soccer 2022  will be out as a MOD based on this table?

CrispyDuck
        Participant
          @crispyduck

Wow, this is totally amazing. It’s one of my favourite tables and you’ve just made it into a work of art.

Thanks so much

** Sorry, just managed to get a ball stuck during lauch (using a mechanical plunger) – image below***

IMG_1949

1 user thanked author for this post.
          LTA
          Participant
            @luvthatapex

This is a fantastic table. I added it immediately to my favorites on my vpin cabinet. Great job! Many thanks!!!!

ItchyRobot
            Participant
              @itchyrobot

Wow! Looks amazing. Something about the way you make the clear ramps makes is look so real.

As a soccer player my whole life (no more due to knees and age), I must say, this is one of the funner soccer themed tables I have played. I love the way when you pass it around and score the announcer is calling out the play by play movement of the ball. Very fun

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

I agree, this one looks better than the real table! And it plays fantastic!
                These sidewalls with their light reflections are maybe the best ever made.  The mechanical sounds are top notch.
                Thanks a lot for sharing all involved!
                Great table choice.

Manolo / ICE
                Participant
                  @kamerik

awesome ! Thanks :D

Vilko
                  Participant
                    @vilko

Thanks a bunch for the job. Your work pleases many people around the world, this is great.

force10wind
                    Participant
                      @force10wind

What a beautiful table.

Thanks for sharing!

Heinz

StevOz
                      Participant
                        @stevoz

Best WCS pinball I’ve seen, world class for sure…Thanks.

My prefered desktop POV attached..

Attachments:
                        TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

Beautiful table. I am blown away how good shading has gotten on VPX.

yobrewster
                          Participant
                            @yobrewster

Absolutely love this table, thanks guys!

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

You did not disappoint @knorr. Everything about this table is top notch. I especially love the sound integration. I did also experience the ball getting stuck in the plunger, but, a small nudge was all that was needed to get if off from there. During final match vs Germany, I had to manually plunge the balls. Should they not auto plunge ? Set a new GC too :good:

Retrorepair
                              Participant
                                @retrorepair

Been waiting for this for ages and it’s absolutely amazing!

A few things of note though:

The football seems to have it’s own centre of gravity :) If the ball is passing the left of it, at least sometimes it will suck it toward the football and fling it round.

Also the goalie doesn’t seem to move very naturally, mostly an asthetic thing I guess.

Lastly, the flipper rubbers don’t seem to have much bounce to them, is that right? I forget but I’m sure on my real WCS94 when the ball ejected from the TV it bounced from the left flipper to the right?

Otherwise it’s just beautiful and plays just how I remember it, all the losses are familiar too.

TAF next? ;)

Knorr
                                Participant
                                  @knorr
                                  vipContributor

You did not disappoint @knorr. Everything about this table is top notch. I especially love the sound integration. I did also experience the ball getting stuck in the plunger, but, a small nudge was all that was needed to get if off from there. During final match vs Germany, I had to manually plunge the balls. Should they not auto plunge ? Set a new GC too :good:

The pin has no autoplunger. But you can take a look at the top of the script…

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Ah, shoot – I didn’t think of even looking at this script. I’m an idiot and thanks for making that option ! :good:

Knorr
                                    Participant
                                      @knorr
                                      vipContributor

The football seems to have it’s own centre of gravity :) If the ball is passing the left of it, at least sometimes it will suck it toward the football and fling it round.

Also the goalie doesn’t seem to move very naturally, mostly an asthetic thing I guess.

Lastly, the flipper rubbers don’t seem to have much bounce to them, is that right? I forget but I’m sure on my real WCS94 when the ball ejected from the TV it bounced from the left flipper to the right?

Otherwise it’s just beautiful and plays just how I remember it, all the losses are familiar too.

TAF next? ;)

Well, the rotation force is not done by the soccerball toy. Its done with a trigger that calculates a ball on a spinning disk. The invisible disk has to be slightly bigger then the soccerball otherwise the ball can´t touch the disk itself. So its alot of faking going on here.

For the tv kick. I saw some who kicked to the center of the left flipper, but some kicked more to the edge of the inlane metal which i like more.

You can set up the flipper bounce quite easy to your prefered behaviour. Go to layer one, select each flipper, activate the options window on the left. In the options window go to physics and change the elasticy to a higher value.

I really hate the comparison of “the real” one. VP is not real, and it will never be. The physics has so many flaws. Its not a matter of how good you set them up, it more like how much you can avoid weird stuff. And there is also not a standard for every table. Each one acts a bit different. And as soon as you change the tables x,y,z size you can start over again.

Regards, Adam

Joey Beaulieu
                                      Participant
                                        @godisnothere

I had to come back and add this comment: Bro!!! The level of details is insane! . How you managed this is betond me, you guys have to keep working together. Thats unbeleivable. This is a masterpeice. Will be hard to top this! Love it. Thank you so much you guys for your dedication and hard work. You deserve many praises. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The Overlayer Slayer

Retrorepair
                                        Participant
                                          @retrorepair

TAF next? ;)

Well, the rotation force is not done by the soccerball toy. Its done with a trigger that calculates a ball on a spinning disk. The invisible disk has to be slightly bigger then the soccerball otherwise the ball can´t touch the disk itself. So its alot of faking going on here.

For the tv kick. I saw some who kicked to the center of the left flipper, but some kicked more to the edge of the inlane metal which i like more.

You can set up the flipper bounce quite easy to your prefered behaviour. Go to layer one, select each flipper, activate the options window on the left. In the options window go to physics and change the elasticy to a higher value.

I really hate the comparison of “the real” one. VP is not real, and it will never be. The physics has so many flaws. Its not a matter of how good you set them up, it more like how much you can avoid weird stuff. And there is also not a standard for every table. Each one acts a bit different. And as soon as you change the tables x,y,z size you can start over again.

Regards, Adam

Well it’s hard not drawing parallels with the real table since it is a recreation and I’ve owned one too. I know what you mean though.

It’s still an amazing table and probably my favorite now on VPX. I didn’t mean to be negative just know a lot of people are excited and won’t point out potential bugs.

Thank you so much for your efforts, it’s very much appreciated and will be very much enjoyed!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Knorr
                                          Participant
                                            @knorr
                                            vipContributor

TAF next? ;)

Regards, Adam

Well it’s hard not drawing parallels with the real table since it is a recreation and I’ve owned one too. I know what you mean though.

It’s still an amazing table and probably my favorite now on VPX. I didn’t mean to be negative just know a lot of people are excited and won’t point out potential bugs.

Thank you so much for your efforts, it’s very much appreciated and will be very much enjoyed!

Oh I didn’t see this negative. When you work months on one table it’s easy to get a tunnel view so every input is welcome. I just want to point out that it’s really hard to get a balanced physic set which works ok, but it’s impossible to get everyone’s preferred behaviour in one table… So thx for the feedback

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 207 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?