Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    blackvulcan3
    Participant
    @blackvulcan3

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5560-world-cup-soccer-94

Thanks Knorr, for some reason once the plunger was enabled mine had the shakes. Unchecked as per your instructions and good as gold.

bonobo
    Participant
    @bono59

merci beaucoup, fantastique travail :good: :good:

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

@Knorr and @ClarkKent thanks for a great looking table. I’m just getting back to normal and first time checking out this release(and this site) for 2 weeks!!!….WOW GREAT work on this one guys

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

zimbakin
    Participant
    @zimbakin

Guys, that is some amazing work, thank you. If it wasn’t for Corona virus, I would shake your hands.

RallyRally
    Participant
    @rallyrally

Awesome work! I liked the realistic look so much, I changed to a player’s field of view and wasn’t disappointed with the detail. I was getting alot of bounce-outs from the Final Draw scoop, which was fixed by changing elas. falloff to a lower value for the scoop and the surrounding rubber posts.

workerboy
    Participant
    @workerboy

I waited impatiently for it to be completed! I am very grateful for this beautiful and realistic table! Thank you guys so much for bringing me back to my childhood! :good: :yahoo:

destructor
    Participant
    @destructor

I watch gameplay from real machine, and from this vpx table. Goalkeeper move is faster on real machine, and GOAL flashing too :)

Retrorepair
    Participant
    @retrorepair

Been waiting for this for ages and it’s absolutely amazing!

A few things of note though:

The football seems to have it’s own centre of gravity :) If the ball is passing the left of it, at least sometimes it will suck it toward the football and fling it round.

Also the goalie doesn’t seem to move very naturally, mostly an asthetic thing I guess.

Lastly, the flipper rubbers don’t seem to have much bounce to them, is that right? I forget but I’m sure on my real WCS94 when the ball ejected from the TV it bounced from the left flipper to the right?

Otherwise it’s just beautiful and plays just how I remember it, all the losses are familiar too.

TAF next? ;)

Well, the rotation force is not done by the soccerball toy. Its done with a trigger that calculates a ball on a spinning disk. The invisible disk has to be slightly bigger then the soccerball otherwise the ball can´t touch the disk itself. So its alot of faking going on here.

For the tv kick. I saw some who kicked to the center of the left flipper, but some kicked more to the edge of the inlane metal which i like more.

You can set up the flipper bounce quite easy to your prefered behaviour. Go to layer one, select each flipper, activate the options window on the left. In the options window go to physics and change the elasticy to a higher value.

I really hate the comparison of “the real” one. VP is not real, and it will never be. The physics has so many flaws. Its not a matter of how good you set them up, it more like how much you can avoid weird stuff. And there is also not a standard for every table. Each one acts a bit different. And as soon as you change the tables x,y,z size you can start over again.

Regards, Adam

Well it’s hard not drawing parallels with the real table since it is a recreation and I’ve owned one too. I know what you mean though.

It’s still an amazing table and probably my favorite now on VPX. I didn’t mean to be negative just know a lot of people are excited and won’t point out potential bugs.

Thank you so much for your efforts, it’s very much appreciated and will be very much enjoyed!

Oh I didn’t see this negative. When you work months on one table it’s easy to get a tunnel view so every input is welcome. I just want to point out that it’s really hard to get a balanced physic set which works ok, but it’s impossible to get everyone’s preferred behaviour in one table… So thx for the feedback

Just to follow up on this, if you are used to a table where the TV kickout hits the left flipper then bounces to the right (which sets you up for goals), set Table>Dimensions & Slope>Slope For Min Difficulty and Slope For Max Difficulty to “4”. This is what made this table perfect for me :)

Retrorepair
    Participant
    @retrorepair

I also have to say, this table has ruined me for all other VPX tables ;)

I love how this application is still evolving and I hope it continues to do so! I just wish I had time to contribute!

Loganchihuahua
    Participant
    @chihua07

This is such a fantastic table!  This VPX is so great. You guys did an amazing job.  The look, plastics, lighting, everything is just pure eye candy. The physics are just spot on and so realistic. The table is super!  Thank you so much!!  Love it!

sniiki
    Participant
    @sniiki

Got all excited and instantly disappointed because of the scaling :cry: .  I’m all for the metric instead of fantasy units, but it’s a shame it’s now miniature in VR, and there’s no going back to 2D cabinets after VR… Yes you can zoom and reposition your VR view but it sucks to do it all over again between tables and view doesn’t fix it anyway, it just looks miniature looked closer.
    Thank you anyway for these great virtual versions. They’re on a whole different level of quality!

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

@sniki : I have no vr experience – so, excuse me if I’m wrong. I would expect that you can scale this table like any other ??

sniiki
    Participant
    @sniiki

@Thalamus, just edited my comment. Yeah, you can but VR behaves like real world. If you have a 1:10 scale pinball table in front of you, it wont look or feel real size if you bring it right to your nose. Head tracking tracking is still scaled according to the rest of the virtual world, meaning in this case about 10 cm side movement of your head will shift the VR view by a width of the table.

sniiki
    Participant
    @sniiki

@thalamus Also, I really encourage you (and everyone) really burn those huge cabinets and go for a stubby. Ok well maybe instead of burning sell the current cabinet for the price of a VR helmet if someone still wants to buy it. The VR experience difference is about the same as jumping from old FP tables to these latest VPX creations. I’m not hyped anymore about the VR as I’ve had those things for quite many years and frankly don’t much care how people get side tracked in VP to create those “fancy” environments (that are not that fancy as the outdated engine really can’t offer that beautiful graphics without hacks). I rather just have the VR table in darkness (well I’m a Finn and prefer darkness anyway so YMMV).
    It’s the sense of more realistic gameplay your brains provide you after it receives some depth feedback which allows you to perceive the ball movement a lot more closer like in real life machines. Do it :) . Yes it’s a bit buggy mess still but hey so is this whole open source VP anyway.

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

@thalamus Also, I really encourage you (and everyone) really burn those huge cabinets and go for a stubby. Ok well maybe instead of burning sell the current cabinet for the price of a VR helmet if someone still wants to buy it. The VR experience difference is about the same as jumping from old FP tables to these latest VPX creations. I’m not hyped anymore about the VR as I’ve had those things for quite many years and frankly don’t much care how people get side tracked in VP to create those “fancy” environments (that are not that fancy as the outdated engine really can’t offer that beautiful graphics without hacks). I rather just have the VR table in darkness (well I’m a Finn and prefer darkness anyway so YMMV).

It’s the sense of more realistic gameplay your brains provide you after it receives some depth feedback which allows you to perceive the ball movement a lot more closer like in real life machines. Do it :) . Yes it’s a bit buggy mess still but hey so is this whole open source VP anyway.

Sorry I don’t build vr tables. You can find them in there dedicated category:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-vr-tables/

LynnInDenver
    Participant
    @lynnindenver

Uh, nah. I built Radiant Silverball in part with the idea of multiplayer pinball action, which doesn’t lend itself as well to VR use. Maybe down the road I’ll build a VR for pinball rig, although I want to wait and see what happens with VPE on Unity first. :yes:

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

sniiki
    Participant
    @sniiki

I know where they are and like said, don’t much care for the extra added in those tables. Working backbox is the only reason to use those. I mostly use standard release and add the DMD if necessary.
    My comment was just about the scaling and that it’s a pity this marvelous table isn’t playable in VR. Not sure if this one can be turned VR compatible or not as physic parameters will get messed if object scaling is changed.

Uh, nah. I built Radiant Silverball in part with the idea of multiplayer pinball action, which doesn’t lend itself as well to VR use. Maybe down the road I’ll build a VR for pinball rig, although I want to wait and see what happens with VPE on Unity first. :yes:

There’s that. Sure you can mirror the game view to monitor / big screen with VR too but I know, it’s not the same. You’re still isolated in your helmet.
    Still, it’s too much better to trade back.

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

I know where they are and like said, don’t much care for the extra added in those tables. Working backbox is the only reason to use those. I mostly use standard release and add the DMD if necessary.

My comment was just about the scaling and that it’s a pity this marvelous table isn’t playable in VR. Not sure if this one can be turned VR compatible or not as physic parameters will get messed if object scaling is changed.

There’s that. Sure you can mirror the game view to monitor / big screen with VR too but I know, it’s not the same. You’re still isolated in your helmet.

Still, it’s too much better to trade back.

Well that’s bad. This was a experiment. Just to look if anything breaks. I think it worked well and my future tables will also be in a scale 1:1. It’s seems to silly for me to calculate everything around a wrong ball size when I simply can write “const ballsize = 27” in top of the script. And like others wrote and know, it’s a lot of work to convert the table to vp scale so why should I do that in first place? Building a table felt never so smooth like this time. Also the vp editor felt easier just by using “normal” numbers. Let’s see what vp unity brings up….

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Knorr: you keep doing tables the way you want, no issues there.  I love VR and I tried this table in VPVR. I think I had to set the scale to 1.5 or something like that and for me that worked decently enough.  It does look great in VR, and it also looks great on my pincab.  Because VR is more of an isolating experience, my pincab is going nowhere, I use it and VR at different times and both server wonderous purpose. :)

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

I just don’t get it. So, the issue is about someone now knowing how to use scale properly ? It’s even a setting now where you, just pick the option and it will scale the same amount in both direction simultaneously.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW