Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

I’m not certain I think Sniiki is saying when we fudge that number, there are sacrifices. For example if you turn your head just a bit it turns more than it should so it is immersion breaking.  I really am not sure I didn’t notice this much but I tried this table in VR at I think 2:00am so to say I was a bit out of it LOL  I’m def not a reliable witness

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

Knorr: you keep doing tables the way you want, no issues there. I love VR and I tried this table in VPVR. I think I had to set the scale to 1.5 or something like that and for me that worked decently enough. It does look great in VR, and it also looks great on my pincab. Because VR is more of an isolating experience, my pincab is going nowhere, I use it and VR at different times and both server wonderous purpose. :)

Ah ok. So when you can scale it 1 : 1.85 should be perfect for vp units.

sniiki
    Participant
    @sniiki

Not sure which scale everyone is talking about but the normal view scale settings don’t apply  in VR besides Z and even if they would, I think there’d be the problem of “looking a miniature from close distance”. VR scale setting works but unfortunately it’s global setting unless I’ve missed something. Table model scaling then again would affect physics I assume and would be too much work like Knorr said.

@Knorr
    , Like said I fully agree with you about the units and always wondered why it’s so hard to just use sensible numbers. If nothing else, just scale the editor values for the user to make modeling and script calculations easier and use the magic scale in background but if it now doesn’t even brake anything in the engine, I don’t get why not every table is created this way. Probably historical reasons.

Godisnothere
    Participant
    @godisnothere

/tahnks for the fresh update Knorr . This table is fantastik and easily one of my favorites since you made it so freaking pretty. Thanks!

Bob Albright
    Participant
    @bobalbright

Thank you again for your continued efforts on this great table. I’m not sure if there is a problem, but it seems like it. I rarely get to the final match with Germany, but I did tonight. Of course, it starts a multiball. It seems like the game should automatically plunge the next ball that loads, but it doesn’t. It just sits there until you manually launch it. By that time, you’ve probably lost a ball. As I said, I only got to this point once with the new version.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

Thanks for the update. :good:

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Thank you again for your continued efforts on this great table. I’m not sure if there is a problem, but it seems like it. I rarely get to the final match with Germany, but I did tonight. Of course, it starts a multiball. It seems like the game should automatically plunge the next ball that loads, but it doesn’t. It just sits there until you manually launch it. By that time, you’ve probably lost a ball. As I said, I only got to this point once with the new version.

I believe it’s been reported in this thread earlier (page 5) that there is a script option to autoplunger the ball.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    vogliadicane
    Participant
    @vogliadicane

Great update for a great table. I like the rotation blur. :good:

marie
    Participant
    @marie

Looks and plays fantastic! :rose: Thanks Knorr et al

peteaufc
    Participant
    @peteaufc

Amazing table – thanks for all your work on this guys! :yahoo:

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t mind updates to thank Knorr, Flupper and Roth, even though this table was already close to perfect imo. :good: :rose:

Wolfgang
    Participant
    @mrwolfgang

@thalamus Also, I really encourage you (and everyone) really burn those huge cabinets and go for a stubby. Ok well maybe instead of burning sell the current cabinet for the price of a VR helmet if someone still wants to buy it. The VR experience difference is about the same as jumping from old FP tables to these latest VPX creations. I’m not hyped anymore about the VR as I’ve had those things for quite many years and frankly don’t much care how people get side tracked in VP to create those “fancy” environments (that are not that fancy as the outdated engine really can’t offer that beautiful graphics without hacks). I rather just have the VR table in darkness (well I’m a Finn and prefer darkness anyway so YMMV).

It’s the sense of more realistic gameplay your brains provide you after it receives some depth feedback which allows you to perceive the ball movement a lot more closer like in real life machines. Do it :) . Yes it’s a bit buggy mess still but hey so is this whole open source VP anyway.

Sorry I don’t build vr tables. You can find them in there dedicated category:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-vr-tables/

I’m thinking of buying an Occulus headset purely to play VPX (and maybe the new Half life…) which VR headset do you use? and is there a good go to thread on here for VR/VR VPX discussion? thanks

Bob Albright
    Participant
    @bobalbright

I believe it’s been reported in this thread earlier (page 5) that there is a script option to autoplunger the ball.

Thanks Loafer…found the auto plunger line in the script..assume it needs changed to 1. Played a few games since I changed it but have not gotten to Germany☹️

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

chokeee
    Participant
    @chokeee

I try to understand the physic of this great table. Gravity is set to 0,6000, slope and ball mass are “normal”. When I set gravity to 0,9700 the ball go down as on very high slope set. Where is the trick and why gravity is so low? It plays great but just asking why and what it gives?

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

I try to understand the physic of this great table. Gravity is set to 0,6000, slope and ball mass are “normal”. When I set gravity to 0,9700 the ball go down as on very high slope set. Where is the trick and why gravity is so low? It plays great but just asking why and what it gives?

the table is built in a different scale so physics did change…

sniiki
    Participant
    @sniiki

I’m thinking of buying an Occulus headset purely to play VPX (and maybe the new Half life…) which VR headset do you use? and is there a good go to thread on here for VR/VR VPX discussion? thanks

Vpforum VR thread would be the place for this but I’ll say that I haven’t tried VPXVR with anything but what I currently have, old Rift CV1. All I know is that at least this Oculus suffers from performance issues with similar or better hardware on which other headsets with better resolution reportedly dont. For some reason I can’t run Metallica table in any way playable level. Everything else runs smooth tho (with Windows RT virus protection off). Tried with 2 similar grade PC’s so the issue wasn’t installation specific.

xabba
    Participant
    @xabba

Wow, what a nice table you have built!

A question, this is one of few tables where the ball animation lags a bit on my pc (I7 6700K and Nvidia 1070 card, no overclock, 7.1 sound enabled)

Are there any settings i could / should manipulate to make the ball animation more fluid?

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

Wow, what a nice table you have built!

A question, this is one of few tables where the ball animation lags a bit on my pc (I7 6700K and Nvidia 1070 card, no overclock, 7.1 sound enabled)

Are there any settings i could / should manipulate to make the ball animation more fluid?

I guess the usual stuff. Backglass in exe mode. Turn off aa….

Galahad
    Participant
    @galahad

Thank you for this wonderful recreation! What a talent you all have, amazing!
    Here is a clip of the table in action with my own Desktop single monitor setup.
    My own DMD setup an a custom FX3 background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0evxKLmi8_U

Greetz,
    Galahad.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW