World Cup Soccer (Bally 1994)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Make sure you have version 1.2 – then you should have that one ;)

I just download 1.2 again and your are right. It is sw45. I must have started a different World Cup in the tables folder on the cab :)

H2SO4JB
      Participant
        @h2so4jb

I now downloaded the 1.2 file in this thread again.
        I have V1.2, but the word “tvballpopper” does not exist in the whole script.
        See my screenshot what my line 153 looks like:

Namnlöst-1

Thalamus
          @thalamus

Ah. I see now what is going on. They are actually sending the ball with a 35 angle into finaldraw primitive. So, that is what confused me in the first place. Well, then my first answer was kind of valid I guess.

.InitKick sw45, 35, 100 <- 35 is the angle, 100 is the force. And you can add

.KickForceVar = 3

.KickAngleVar = 3

In the lines below – the routine starts at line 187.

H2SO4JB
          Participant
            @h2so4jb

I tried to change the force (100), and it worked.
            But I can’t see any difference when I change the angle (35). Whatever I enter there, the
            ball bounces out at the same angle. Are you sure the value 35 is the angle?

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Yes, well, you have to change it very much I guess. As I said. They shoot it with quite a lot of force into a primitive. So, I’m not very surprised that a small angle change will change that much. The primitive will steer it and maybe change of a few degrees doesn’t change anything. Well, of course if you change it by a huge amount it will. Maybe it isn’t coming out of there then. You could just for fun try to change the 35 by adding 180 degrees to 215. I bet you see a change ;)

Knorr
              Participant
                @knorr
                vipContributor

@Thalamus Thanks for helping out here again!

@h2so4jb
                Its a bug, the primitive should not be collidable at all. For that confusion of what is force and angle in the script. First is the angle, second the force. Sometime i throw the ball against the wall to just let it bump back. So the angle is the opposite direction. Thats why you dont see any changes. The wall is the key for that.

Anyway, i will upload the table in a few hours, thanks for the bug reports.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                H2SO4JB
                Participant
                  @h2so4jb

@Knorr
                  Thanks for the update. Then I will be waiting for version 1.3 shortly where
                  you have fixed this. It is better that you as a professional edit the script.  :-)

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

You are only a professional pr. definition if you get payed for what you do. Knorr don’t even want to be ;-)

I however agree with you. Updates done by these guys that know the machines and vp very well, are always to prefer over backroom hacks ;)

sheltemke
                    Participant
                      @sheltemke

Thank you so much for the update Knorr!

Numiah
                      Participant
                        @numiah

As always thank you for this amazing table. A true masterpiece!

Small thing I noticed is that the ball makes a small hop rolling on the flipper when returning from inside lanes.
                        Is this intended?

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Thanks for the update @knorr ! :rose:

Ball hops are common in pinball. Annoying ? In some cases it can be, but, it also makes tables more interesting in a way too. One way of solving it to slow the action down, maybe if the speed is high enough let it roll over to the other flipper and in that gain control. Those that hate ball hops the most are often those that have a on the fly playing style and machines where this happens the controlled player will in most cases gain an advantage if he is good enough to adjust for it.

This is VP, you can always adjust that yourself, you are the mechanic, Knorr is just the supplier. A very poor one I should add ;)

Numiah
                          Participant
                            @numiah

Thanks for your answer and insight there Thalamus.
                            It’s not that it’s annoying per se, I just noticed I kinda need to get used to the movement.
                            Most of the times I am planning my controlled shots pretty carefully though.
                            Imho it’s the only way to actually achieve something in a game. (getting to reactor 9 in TNA is still above my league though hehe)
                            Whacking the buttons like an 8yr old gets me nowhere.
                            But also the randomness is what makes pinball so attractive, be it virtual or on a real machine.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

Thanks for the update!

rudil24
                              Participant
                                @rudil24

Awesome table Knorr!  Is anyone else experiencing bad announcer audio? In my setup, the announcer sounds are really low / muffled and i’m on 100 in options (the table sounds are LOUD). any ideas on how to fix?

DBrown67
                                Participant
                                  @dbrown67

I just finished my mini cab and this is a favourite table of mine. A fantastic recreation!

I did have some performance issues and I’ve smoothed them out by adding a static back glass and lowering some table specific settings in VPX. But I still have a random annoying delay when shooting from the assist section close to goal. Sometimes it takes as much as 5 seconds or so to respond to my flipper when shooting. Other times it’s pretty quick at around half to one second but it;s never “instant” like a flipper press. I don’t have any flipper lag in normal play. Is there a fix for this please?

In fact… is it an instant response on the real table?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Knorr
                                  Participant
                                    @knorr
                                    vipContributor

I just finished my mini cab and this is a favourite table of mine. A fantastic recreation!

I did have some performance issues and I’ve smoothed them out by adding a static back glass and lowering some table specific settings in VPX. But I still have a random annoying delay when shooting from the assist section close to goal. Sometimes it takes as much as 5 seconds or so to respond to my flipper when shooting. Other times it’s pretty quick at around half to one second but it;s never “instant” like a flipper press. I don’t have any flipper lag in normal play. Is there a fix for this please?

In fact… is it an instant response on the real table?

I did build in a small delay for the penalty kick simply because it’s boring and need no skill without the delay. But it’s only a about 10ms, not even close to 5 seconds. While multiball it shoots automatically, this can take a few seconds and this should be a normal behaviour. I will make an option for the next update to turn off the delay so at least you can compare.

nikolafeve
                                    Participant
                                      @nikolafeve

Insane!!

JediWizard
                                      Participant
                                        @jediwizard

Thanks for the 1.4 table update B-)

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

Thanks, Knorr! :good:

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Thank you very much @knorr for the update !

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 207 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?