World Poker Tour VPX (Stern 2006)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

Wow. I didn’t realize you did 24 Fren. Fun table. I LOVE Transformers! But I also understand beggars can’t be choosers.  B-)

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Yea 24 was my first real “build” – Sharkey’s Shootout was more-or-less converted with updated graphics from destruk. Transformers was with gtxjoe and was right after 24 so it is farther along if I were going to convert it. WWF was the first table I really built from the ground up with primitives. I don’t particularly enjoy playing that table though so it’s not likely to ever get converted.

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Dozer, I guess DJRobX only fixed showing extra data in VPM. I just sent him a screenshot and explained what was happening so we’ll see. Probably an easy directb2s fix right?

Punch it!

-=Dozer=-
          Participant
            @dozer

No lamp for the PRO versions assigned to GI – just use the gicallback channel.

set GICallback = GetRef(“UpdateGI”)

Sub UpdateGI(no, Enabled)
            Select Case no
            Case 0 ‘Top
            If Enabled Then
            GI_AllOn
            Else
            GI_AllOff
            End If
            End Select
            End Sub

But don’t forget to remove manual calls to GI_AllOn and GI_AllOff from switch hits etc.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

It was/is at Gameover, locked Balls goes down – now i got 2 Balls out at a new Game Start …
              But not always, i think at a Multiball …

No one had that before ?
              Ok, i have to say, i use the German ROM, but that shouldnt be the Problem, ill try it with the _a now …

Found one Situation: i got the “Ace in a Hole” Multiball, then i shoot 1 Ball back in the Lock above,
              at the End (all Balls to Drain), i got 2 Balls to Plunger …

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Hmm. I seem to often loose balls on this table. The oddities have been related to multiball play. One time I seem to be able to get a ball rolling endlessly under the playfield, going faster and faster. It sounds just like on Congo, where the ball begins to roll if you leave the game alone for a while.

I haven’t played this table enough to be able to tell exactly what happens and when. I have only seen that I often do get ball searches after multiballs.

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

It was/is at Gameover, locked Balls goes down – now i got 2 Balls out at a new Game Start … But not always, i think at a Multiball … No one had that before ? Ok, i have to say, i use the German ROM, but that shouldnt be the Problem, ill try it with the _a now … Found one Situation: i got the “Ace in a Hole” Multiball, then i shoot 1 Ball back in the Lock above, at the End (all Balls to Drain), i got 2 Balls to Plunger …

Stat, I don’t think it’s caused by the german ROM. I am pretty sure I saw the same bahavior with a different ROM yesterday.

Badfinger
                  Participant
                    @badfinger

Thanks for a favorite late Stern in VPX!

YIPPEE!   :yahoo:

1968 - 1991 seems to be my favorite ERA of pinball machines.

Jack
                    Participant
                      @breikers

Looking great Fren !! Hope you keep converting those VP9 tables ! I know of at least one table I would like to see in VPX ;-)

Which one? I don’t particularly enjoy rehashing the old ones, I’d rather do something new, but WPT was probably my best VP9 table and had a solid enough foundation that converting it was relatively easy, I had it visually up to my standards in only a day or two, the rest was making the script work with VPX. With a table like 24 I’d have a lot more trouble getting it ported to VPX since it uses a lot of old VP9 elements still. WWF RR might work, I’m sure IJ4 would work. Transformers would be 50/50… it’s not all VP9 objects but it’s close…

WWF RR would be my favorite. I really like the pm5 table you did ! Transformers would be great also  :good:

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

No lamp for the PRO versions assigned to GI – just use the gicallback channel. set GICallback = GetRef(“UpdateGI”) Sub UpdateGI(no, Enabled) Select Case no Case 0 ‘Top If Enabled Then GI_AllOn Else GI_AllOff End If End Select End Sub But don’t forget to remove manual calls to GI_AllOn and GI_AllOff from switch hits etc.

Ah ok – next update then

DJRobX fixed the missing lamps in ChangedLEDs and has a new directb2s build that fixes it

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

It was/is at Gameover, locked Balls goes down – now i got 2 Balls out at a new Game Start … But not always, i think at a Multiball … No one had that before ? Ok, i have to say, i use the German ROM, but that shouldnt be the Problem, ill try it with the _a now … Found one Situation: i got the “Ace in a Hole” Multiball, then i shoot 1 Ball back in the Lock above, at the End (all Balls to Drain), i got 2 Balls to Plunger …

I’ll look into it. Probably misaligned switch or something dumb.

Punch it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                          grunger
                          Participant
                            @grunger

Looks and plays great!

One thing I’ve noticed is it won’t tilt…. Nudging works fine and other tables on the cab will give warnings and then tilt (in VPX and VP9/PM5) so it is working generally.
                            But on this I can shake the legs of and nothing!

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

I’ll look into it. Probably misaligned switch or something dumb.

Believe it to be related to this issue

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdik1ngm89c0woo/wpt_ball_locked.png?dl=0

Ball has a tendency to get trapped behind the targets on the right side. Some ball drains later and the rom gets confused.

ICPjuggla
                                @icpjuggla
                                MembervipModerator

Thx fren great work as always.. ;-)

Jesperpark
                                Participant
                                  @jesperpark

Thanks for the table Fren, plays nice and looks great.  Always a treat to play one of your tables.  :good:

As much as i like more modernish tables i just don’t know about this one.  Am i playing pinball, playing poker, or just staring at the girl talking to me?  Guess it was all about capturing the poker craze of 2006 – ?

Bob Albright
                                  Participant
                                    @bobalbright

I can’t get this table to launch…I get a rom error message. I can play the VP9 table which uses the same rom. I’ve noticed this rom issue on other Stern tables, but usually can get the table to launch if I just try again. Relaunch doesn’t seem to get it done on this table. Any ideas?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Thats odd. No error here so something you have is not right. Double check rom? Re download table? What are your hardware specs? You running newest vp 10.2 betas?

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Bob Albright
                                      Participant
                                        @bobalbright

I’m running XP in a Virtuapin cabinet from Paul. I think the computer is  a 3.1 Ghz. I will try downloading the table again. The rom is ok because it works with the previous version. Thanks for your reply

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

I can’t get this table to launch…I get a rom error message. I can play the VP9 table which uses the same rom. I’ve noticed this rom issue on other Stern tables, but usually can get the table to launch if I just try again. Relaunch doesn’t seem to get it done on this table. Any ideas?

Bob, do you play in true fullscreen now?
                                          Maybe you have to delete the (Visual Pinmame) registry key for this table once, if you not have already done this before.

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

This table uses the WPT_140a rom.  If you already have that and are running in fullscreen check that your ddraw setting is 0 in the registry.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 116 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?