Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    ALDiode
    Participant
      @aldiode

@randr Absolutely does not work that way. I played a game with the glass off ball in hand. Holes 1,2,&3 definitely do not trigger 8,9,&10. Sorry no cheating here…

AL

Unless you play with the glass off ball in hand (I made a wicked high score) B-)

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Here is some photos of one cab mostly wired up

Cannot find my tilt bobs :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

WOW, That is a whole bunch of wiring.  Looks top notch and clean :good:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Well I just fried every bulb in the machine by putting 24v to them! Omg! The switching supply I got for this project is 5v, 24v and 12v so very nice actually but I’m an idiot! I read the pins wrong on the supply!!!! Whole basement smells liked 10 cooked leds.

making progress now anyways  :wacko:

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Well I just fried every bulb in the machine by putting 24v to them! Omg! The switching supply I got for this project is 5v, 24v and 12v so very nice actually but I’m an idiot! I read the pins wrong on the supply!!!! Whole basement smells liked 10 cooked leds.

making progress now anyways :wacko:

That just makes the rest of us feel better knowing that the experienced guys do it too.

TerryRed
                @terryred

Are those two COM electrically tied together or are they actually a separate circuit? That’s a handy supply for a pincab i would think…

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Coms are tied together commons. It’s a very nice switching supply for sure! Anyways look what it did to my bulbs! Blew the tops off every one!

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Ok guys I got a huge update tonight!

first let me say how sorry I am for being so busy with this project the last few months. Totally consumed nearly all my time and I’m still not finished with it but…. I have one working ice cold beer! Sorta!

Here is a video explaining the stuff up to this point.

for IOS and Android

3 users thanked author for this post.
                    TerryRed
                      @terryred

Awesome stuff….awesome video! Its nice to be able to watch someone else’s video for a change!

We have an ICB at our local arcade here…but its always broken. :(

Are you able to get one of the aftermarket sticks to work somehow? I know most aren’t leaf switch sticks….but would it be possible to make something work?

Maybe Todd has some?

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Well true I suppose I could mod any 2 way joystick and add leaf switches but plastic joysticks are my last resort since I already purchased 6 joystick rebuild assemblies that are all metal. Leaf switches are a must have though for sure!

im actually thinking this is a good reason to finally get a metal lathe :) then I could just make them! Always wanted one anyways lol

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Very nice.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I took the hole thing apart and brought stripped playfield down to back garage and cnc’ed the little bit I needed to center up the display. A bit crooked but it will work

for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

C7C444FA-C840-4894-AA56-478909C2F547Got one! Only needed the stick but will work.

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Can’t you just fab one of those up?  isn’t it a fairly basic mech

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Can’t you just fab one of those up? isn’t it a fairly basic mech

Yes i could but dammit how can they not repop defender joystick knobs!?

for IOS and Android

RYSr (Rich)
                                  Participant
                                    @rysr

C7C444FA-C840-4894-AA56-478909C2F547Got one! Only needed the stick but will work.

Well looky here! I just remembered I had this buried in the cellar. When you said Defender it rang a bell..

It has allot of play and is well used. But if you just need the ball and shaft I think it’s OK. I think the wear is in the block it mounts into.

If you want it Ill ship it to you free.. :good:

Rich

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

I will give you 50 bucks for whole panel! plus i will pay shipping! if you are willing to sell the whole thing :)

If not yes i only need the shaft/ball part!

for IOS and Android

RYSr (Rich)
                                      Participant
                                        @rysr

I will give you 50 bucks for whole panel! plus i will pay shipping! if you are willing to sell the whole thing :)

If not yes i only need the shaft/ball part!

PM me your address, I wouldn’t think of charging you, I enjoy your site every day.

Rich

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

wait, don’t you need like 8 of those?  I seem to remember like 4 ICBs??

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

6! but i have only 1 now so this will make a set for one panel(2) i have yet to play the thing normally so this will be great

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?