Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Well basic control panel is done mdf base with 16 gauge steel wrapped top. Latches to hold inside cabinet work just like the real arcade machines so no problems there. Next I need to prime and paint the steel top so I can apply overlay.

here is some more photos of progress

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I ordered translucent red flupper button for the start button seems it’s just a standard Williams flupper button. Now the joysticks are proving to be a tough thing to find! They are standard Williams defender type sticks(2 way) but for whatever reason they are very hard to come by!? So I ordered some NOS knobs and some rebuild kits that should get me close to a set…maybe.

while I’m waiting for primer to dry on controlpanel I un boxed my telescoping tubes I purchased and they are a perfect fit although I believe the real machine has a copper inner and a chromed outer tube I just have both in copper. Maybe I will try to chrome coat outer tube because you need chrome.

Also a picture of the start button bracket I made

for IOS and Android

Jodannar
        Participant
          @jodannar

Looking great. coming together really vast.

Vacuum forming the ball trails behind the holes will be the hard part, or are you going to CnC the guides as well as the “play field”?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

A guy sells a repop ball trail so I purchased one from him. $80 bucks.

here is control panel just sitting in place still to wet to finish

for IOS and Android

Jodannar
            Participant
              @jodannar

Great. looks like you will be done in no time

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Somewhat embarrassed to say I purchased the overlay for 35 bucks but should have purchased the one for much more money(160 I think?) joysticks not centered or I made panel wrong? Also the colors are muddy should be a gold matallic but is more a muddy yellow :( may purchase the other overlay we will see but easy to change later on so not a huge deal.

here is somewhat embarrassing progress picture

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Well this morning I spent a couple hours making a few brackets for the playfield. 16 gauge steel is a bitch to work with when it’s 33” long in my brake but does work…but pushing it!

anyways…. I made 2 main brackets that run on each side of playfield still need to do some work to them like weld a pulley mount and drill some holes for the limit switches and motors. I also made 2 small brackets that hold the playfield in at the top of the playfield.

test fitting seems to fit nice so I will keep going!

for IOS and Android

robertms
                  Participant
                    @mophead

You are unbelievable sir, like a one-man army of talents  :good:

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Ask the wife she will disagree! But thanks for saying that.

Added the plumb bob funny I totally forgot machine had one until I was looking through aldoides reference photos! I had a new one in my parts boxes so no biggy.

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Got the brackets completed enough for today but I’m a bit concerned about spacing between glass and playfield now! @aldiode how much space should be between glass and playfield I have around 3/4” is all :scratch:

as usual here is the pictures of progress

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

ALDiode
                        Participant
                          @aldiode

@randr Nothing to be concerned about. That’s perfect. There is only enough room for the bar to move without touching the playfield or the glass. I’m not even sure that I have as much as 3/4 of an inch. See pictures.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Thank you!

Man it is tight!!!

for IOS and Android

ALDiode
                            Participant
                              @aldiode

It needs to be or the ball would fall off the bar when it enters the playfield. As it is, it hits the glass when it drops onto the bar.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Will be interesting to see if my scratch build hits glass the same way. I would assume so

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Received shipment of cnc today! Took all night to assemble and I’m missing the 2 springs on the Z axis so they are sending those. Will pick up bolts to bolt it down using leg lever holes in the frame through top layer of my table then will test the rotation it’s a tight fit side to side but should just clear… maybe.

Here is a picture of it still need to finalize squareness but does work with sharpie test

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Bolted the cnc to table using feet holes and it works perfectly! I did add a pin to lock it in vertical position as suggested. It works perfectly just as I hoped so nice to have it flip complelty over for double work space. I also added a nice power brick to the back of “drawer stack/computer area” so everything can plug into that. Currently squaring the cnc and running a few tests but so far all great and soon I hope to make something with it :)

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Dust…you will make lots and lots of dust. Some cool stuff too

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Here is cnc packed away and setup

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

I see a routered vpinball logo coming up soon   :whistle:

So what is the controlling software, and what do you use to program and or draw?  I remember my first CNC was 1 program to draw, one to program toolpaths and create the g code and 1 to operate the cnc.  Things are easier now

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Carbide3d create and carbide motion are included but I see many options for software but currently using what came with it for testing

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?