WoZ (Original 2018)

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    ryguy417
    Participant
      @ryguy417

First, let me just say: this whole community is awesome. Everyone is so supportive, understanding, and creative to boot! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I’ve scoured the forums to see if this is answered somewhere, but I couldn’t find it (not to say I may have missed it). When you all start WOZ, do you see anything on the backglass? Once I launch the ball, the backglass eventually turns on and I have all the videos working. Wasn’t sure if it was just me, or if it was designed to be that way.

I applied the 4GB patch in case that was it. Full color UltraDMD is working great.

Again, thank you. I’ve almost posted a dozen times over the past year, but each time I re-read instructions and figured it out. You guys all rock.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

First, let me just say: this whole community is awesome. Everyone is so supportive, understanding, and creative to boot! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
        I’ve scoured the forums to see if this is answered somewhere, but I couldn’t find it (not to say I may have missed it). When you all start WOZ, do you see anything on the backglass? Once I launch the ball, the backglass eventually turns on and I have all the videos working. Wasn’t sure if it was just me, or if it was designed to be that way.
        I applied the 4GB patch in case that was it. Full color UltraDMD is working great.
        Again, thank you. I’ve almost posted a dozen times over the past year, but each time I re-read instructions and figured it out. You guys all rock.

It is possible for that to happen – The back glass may take a while to show up
        May depend on your setup and your computer specs

ryguy417
        Participant
          @ryguy417

I think you’re right–some sort of combination with the backglass taking longer to load and the table not fully closing out–my undercab LEDs often stay on after I’m done playing that table.

Is there an attract video? I see one in the PUP video folder, but it doesn’t play. Maybe only after I play a game?

richiep1
          Participant
            @richiep1

So I took the chance and put my cabinet online so I could install the MS Framework.net 3.5 and get Woz working.  Was able to do it without a hitch and now I’ve got Woz working on my 4k cabinet.  Seems like it’s working ok, the full screen videos work and the backglass pop ups work, but I haven’t seen any quadrant videos yet, I’m guessing that I just haven’t hit the proper points in the game to trigger them…..is there a way to test these videos in the pup pack editor I wonder?

outhere
              @outhere

So I took the chance and put my cabinet online so I could install the MS Framework.net 3.5 and get Woz working. Was able to do it without a hitch and now I’ve got Woz working on my 4k cabinet. Seems like it’s working ok, the full screen videos work and the backglass pop ups work, but I haven’t seen any quadrant videos yet, I’m guessing that I just haven’t hit the proper points in the game to trigger them…..is there a way to test these videos in the pup pack editor I wonder?

Glad to see you have it working
              .is there a way to test these videos in the pup pack editor I wonder? –Yes
              Or try out ball control when the game is running hit D
              Click ball control, close window, click the mouse control the ball, left flipper to release

Katicajaneva
              Participant
                @katicajaneva

https://i.postimg.cc/DyHftG79/20200806-004809.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QttR86b0/20200806-005052.jpg

1. The backglass is way too big, how to resize it?, i can’t do it with PinUplayerConfigDisplays (as i did with the backglass on the Munsters table)

2. The table looks blurry/ low res, i don’t know why cos all the other tables look crisp but not this one and it’s not my pc specs (r5 1600af + rx 580 + 16gb ram)

outhere
                  @outhere

1. The backglass is way too big, how to resize it?, i can’t do it with PinUplayerConfigDisplays (as i did with the backglass on the Munsters table)
                  2. The table looks blurry/ low res, i don’t know why cos all the other tables look crisp but not this one and it’s not my pc specs (r5 1600af + rx 580 + 16gb ram)

Make sure window scaling is set at 100% per screen

Katicajaneva
                  Participant
                    @katicajaneva

Make sure window scaling is set at 100% per screen

I don’t understand… is that for 2/3 screens? I am a desktop user i have only 1 monitor

outhere
                      @outhere

The Latest Backglass Server ( Backglass Server 1.3.0.4 )  — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

If you are running the Latest backglass server, You can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game
                      Then in that res file make changes for that table..
                      Right click a back glass to find out what version you have

Katicajaneva
                      Participant
                        @katicajaneva

The Latest Backglass Server ( Backglass Server 1.3.0.4 ) — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

If you are running the Latest backglass server, You can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game

Then in that res file make changes for that table..

Right click a back glass to find out what version you have

It says 1.0.0.0 for the backglass server version….

Btw, i found out how to resize it, with B2S_SetUp…but the table now gives me error all the time when i am playing – “line 3483 invalid procedure call or argument mid” ?

jlatko
                        Participant
                          @jlatko

Excellent table, thanks for the hard work. As I got into some trouble which I could figure out myself I would like to add the solution here in the support thread as it might help others with similar problem.

After installing I got the following error:

ActiveX component can’t create object: ‘System.Collections.ArrayList’

On my desktop computer the table worked flawlessly. After consulting the WIP thread on the forum the solution was quite easy. The table needs support for .net 3.5 which had to be manually installed on my new cabinet PC:

Go to Apps & Features -> Programs & Features -> Activate Windows Features -> Add Support for .net 3.5

After installing everything worked fine!

Happy new Year!

I also use a System.Collections.ArrayList in a table that I am writing.  Was wondering if most people’s machines already had .net on them and enabled.  Appears not necessarily the case.  Thanks for the solution.  I may need to pass it on when I finish this thing.

Yardley
                          Participant
                            @yardley

Has anyone been successful at keeping the backglass from going behind the table on a single screen setup? I’ve tried so many things but just can’t get it to stay in front.

Kornflake19
                            Participant
                              @kornflake19

I only have 2 monitors, so I keep my DMD at the bottom of monitor #2.  It covers the bottom of the backglass. On all my other tables I just show the speaker grill and it resizes everything for me.  Is there some way to do something like that with this backglass?  Or if I do resize it in B2S server settings, will that save it globally and mess all my other backglasses up too or can I save it for this table only?

Thanks for your help and for this table!

outhere
                                @outhere

I only have 2 monitors, so I keep my DMD at the bottom of monitor #2. It covers the bottom of the backglass. On all my other tables I just show the speaker grill and it resizes everything for me. Is there some way to do something like that with this backglass? Or if I do resize it in B2S server settings, will that save it globally and mess all my other backglasses up too or can I save it for this table only?
                                Thanks for your help and for this table!

The answer you are looking for is in here – See Separate ScreenRes.txt file  — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/

Kornflake19
                                Participant
                                  @kornflake19

I’m still very new to all this so making changes like that always makes me nervous that I’ll mess up all my other tables and not know how to fix it, but I gave it a whirl and that worked.   Thanks for your help.

tiim
                                  Participant
                                    @tiim

Hello everyone.

First, a huge thnks to the authors and contributors. this is very impressive stuff!

I have scrolled through 8 pages looking for help on this:

I run Windows in Portrait mode on monitor 1, and have a backglass on monitor 2, and pin2dmd as my dmd……

Normally, I have to rotate my table from 270 to 0 degres, and change X,Y scaling and offset to make them work in my cab. This is despite the fact I have the rotate option checked.

When I apply rotation to WoZ, the upper playfield is messed up graphically and won’t let me launch a ball properly.

does anyone have any ideas on this?

EDIT: I fixed this by exporting a POV from a known good Portrait table and importing into WoZ. Some minor tweaks and it’s playable!

Also, my DMD doesn’t display anything. this is my first advanced table. Backglass and DOF appear OK.

EDIT: DMD working now. PUP next challenge?

thanks

...wherever you go... the moon, is... always... over there...

mikebunting
                                    Participant
                                      @mikebunting

I have a PinDMDv3.

Should I bee seeing it display anything in this game?  UltraDMD will only show up on my BackGlass or Playfield (wherever I move it/set it to be).  Can a regular DMD (PinDMDv3 in my case), display the ULTRADMD? Or do I need a regular LCD/TV etc for it to show?

I am going to research and do my homework on all things DMD/ULTRADMD here later today for sure – just trying to make sure I understand what I should be seeing.  Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Chriss4198
                                      Participant
                                        @chriss4198

I have pindmd3 as well. Can’t get it to work with Future Pinball or FX3, but I did get it to work with WOZ via ultradmd. It is just ok and it is a flat static image of the witches feet…

barneyrfd
                                        Participant
                                          @barneyrfd

Super job, really enjoyed the game, not running PuP, no problems.

Emilio5639
                                          Participant
                                            @emilio5639

I had the table running, and I tried it this afternoon, and now I get the DMD to come up, and you can see VPX load the table and then it goes back to my desktop, and VPX closed itself.  Any help getting this to work again.  I am using this in my cabinet.  Thanks again.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 270 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?