WoZ WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Shouldn’t B2S server just be distributed this way since there are no ill effects and backglass files are larger than they used to be?

redrooster
      Participant
        @redrooster

I have very limited experience with the real table, I think i’ve played it maybe twice, and it was last October.

However, this is one of those tables that everyone has (before now) said was impossible, so while the following are observations that I had while playing 1 test run of 10 balls, I can’t begin to tell you how cool this is that you got this going:

1.  There are several call outs missing, and I know there are a lot, with the real game, it seems constant.
        2. I don’t know enough, but i’ll just echo that i think a lot of your backglass problems would be solved with a pup-pack using PUP.
        3. The general gameplay music cuts out mid ball.  It happened on each of the 10 balls I played in test mode.  It goes for a while, and something else will trigger, and the main music never comes back.
        4. I think while there is room for some graphics wiz to improve things, it already looks amazing.  Color and overall tone of the game look dead on.
        5. I hope that people smarter than me can help you along and really get this one going.
        6. Thanks!

*edit*  I gave it a regular 5 ball play through, and the music/ball rolling sounds worked the entire time.  I don’t know if the music thing i discussed above is only limited to the testing mode or not, but it seems to be working fine now.

GogglesPiasano
        Participant
          @gogglespiasano

Excellent work! My wife and I played it for over an hour last night. Bravo! :good:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I just gave this a try and must say very cool. I own a WOZLE so maybe i can help with some resources :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
            The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

like, like, like, like, like, like, like and… like

Bambi Plattfuss
              Participant
                @bambiplattfuss

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

I sent some resources to @ckpin I know it created a boat load of extra work for him, but I think you’ll all be please with the next beta release.

-Mike

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Sliderpoint: looking forward to it, it’s an amazing release thus far.

On top of using better assets and adding missing modes, If ckpin can find a way to provide pinup support, this will reach heights not thought possible just a few months ago

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

Sliderpoint: looking forward to it, it’s an amazing release thus far.

On top of using better assets and adding missing modes, If ckpin can find a way to provide pinup support, this will reach heights not thought possible just a few months ago

It can be as simple as using normal DOF command for a video event:

DOF 131, DOFPulse

…and then use a PuP-Pack with those commands. This allows the table to play with and without the videos either way. Its very easy to add videos this way without complex coding, and do all the work in the PuP-Pack.

Or you can use direct PuP commands like my first Tron PuP table mod, or Scotty’s Stranger Things: SE to do full scoring as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Mr_H
                      Participant
                        @jhopwood

Awesome… super impressed that this has been created. Just landed in Vietnam for two weeks for holidays….dang I just want to give it a go. Thought about buying the real thing at one point.

Just a thought for the backlash and animations…the awesome Scotty Wic has just created a tut for Orbital…could help?

andrej
                        Participant
                          @andros

i have a problem backglass and ultra dmd doesnt show on the screen?

frodo6
                          Participant
                            @frodo69

Played with my wife last night. Good job. I did find that it tilts with one nudge then the ball went missing. Understand it’s not done, just wanted to let you know what happened. BTW wife loves WOZ so this table is a good thing!

Mr_H
                            Participant
                              @jhopwood

Looking at it again…and with the community excitement – maybe it does deserve a bigger update. It’s at an awesome stage that looks like everyone wants it taken to a higher level. My impression right now is it needs a more intense gameplay with the audio/sound. Feels like it’s a little lacking… Maybe the animations on the backglass could achieve this!?

Rajo Joey
                              Participant
                                @joey2001

I’m happy to see this great WIP. So I make three wheels for it; two in Tarcisio’s style.
                                https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg

bjschneider93
                                Participant
                                  @bjschneider93

this one has so much potential, can’t wait to see updates.  Thanks in advance for all the hard work

vogliadicane
                                  Participant
                                    @vogliadicane

Excellent work so far! :good:

I have one spontanous suggestion: Root all non-mech sounds to backglass. Some cab users (like me) have two outputs: one the normal bg speakers, another one speakers within the cab (for mech-sounds).

As far as I saw and tried These are all starting from “vo_congratulations…” to the end
                                    Select all of them and click “Toggle BG out”.

Btw, it will only take effect, if you save and RELOAD (not only start again) the table (a bug I should have mentioned in the 10.5 beta thread B-)   )

Edit: there are some more: Melting1, allthose starting with quote and all fx_fanfare……

eMBee
                                    Participant
                                      @embee

@Sliderpoint

A buddy of mine has the LE cab so asked him to make some closeup pictures yesterday.
                                      At this point i created a new version of the LE flipper shoes, castle doors, spinner, and the State fair balloon.

Does your resources include the above mentioned? otherwise i could send them to ckpin.

Jeremy
                                      Participant
                                        @malachi666

I am so excited for this!!!  Is there anyway to play without the b2s?  I play on desktop primarily.

Thanks again for making this.

Edit: I am getting a controller error on line 9411.

francisco bambino
                                        Participant
                                          @franciscobambino

Congratulations, my friend, for the work, I believe you’re only at the beginning.

I have a friend who knows the whole rule of pinball magic oz, the 7 missions, I could make it available.

I do not know if this could help for the correct completion of the machine

ckpin
                                          Participant
                                            @ckpin

Definitely overwhelmed by the response … thanks to all for the interest.  Of course there can be no other choice now than to take this further.  Here’s the plan …

Sliderpiont has supplied hi-res versions of all three playfields and the flippers that are on the actual game.  He also pointed out that the current version is not the correct size.  So one of the things that must be done is to convert the table over to the correct size using the images (and blueprints) from Sliderpoint.  However first on my list is to get PuP player working on my desktop and cabinet so the issues with expanding the backglass can be managed.  This will also allow moving from animations to movie clips (e.g. GameOver & I’m melting) as suggested by many.   Both these items are plenty to keep me busy and progress will be posted.

Some specific responses …

emBee:  Except for the flippers, if the items you mentioned are available in hi-res then they would be helpful and go well with what Sliderpoint supplied.  Although it’s not something immediate,  getting an image (or even a primitive) of the witch’s legs that pop out of the house is an item that my wife keeps asking about so it will need to be done.

Anyone who has other items (e.g. image, primitives) that would improve the current version beyond what Sliderpoint has supplied is also welcome to either pm me or simply post it or a link.

vogliadicane:  The distribution of the sounds to the various parts of the cabinet does need to be reviewed and its consistency improved.  It  is now also on the list of things to do.

Jeremy:  The error you have identified is where the table script is attempting to control a backglass element, specifically this is a subroutine used to clear the backglass and it is called often and early.   If you are running in desktop mode without a backglass then this is the cause of the error.  There has been almost no attention paid to running the game in desktop mode and it has never been played without a backglass.  Currently some of the game progress (e.g. progress toward BOTW) has no other way to be displayed and there are events that are only visible on the backglass.  The backglass is a big part of the game experience.  Although running the table in desktop mode is something that should be addressed, it will need to wait until the above items are dealt with unless someone elese wants to run with it.

francisco bambino:  The current version has been built using the rulesheets available from papa.org (the specific link is https://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/WOZ-Rulesheet-Version-1-26.pdf) .  All current version deviations from these rules are detailed in the table script lines 42 – 125.  If there is something that supercedes what papa.org produced and is available, it would be wonderful to see.  If anyone wants to discuss the basis of the existing rule deviations or point out flaws, please post or pm.

Thanks and obviously someone has alot of work to do.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 109 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?