WoZ WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant
      @malachi666

Definitely overwhelmed by the response … thanks to all for the interest. Of course there can be no other choice now than to take this further. Here’s the plan …

Sliderpiont has supplied hi-res versions of all three playfields and the flippers that are on the actual game. He also pointed out that the current version is not the correct size. So one of the things that must be done is to convert the table over to the correct size using the images (and blueprints) from Sliderpoint. However first on my list is to get PuP player working on my desktop and cabinet so the issues with expanding the backglass can be managed. This will also allow moving from animations to movie clips (e.g. GameOver & I’m melting) as suggested by many. Both these items are plenty to keep me busy and progress will be posted.

Some specific responses …

emBee: Except for the flippers, if the items you mentioned are available in hi-res then they would be helpful and go well with what Sliderpoint supplied. Although it’s not something immediate, getting an image (or even a primitive) of the witch’s legs that pop out of the house is an item that my wife keeps asking about so it will need to be done.

Anyone who has other items (e.g. image, primitives) that would improve the current version beyond what Sliderpoint has supplied is also welcome to either pm me or simply post it or a link.

vogliadicane: The distribution of the sounds to the various parts of the cabinet does need to be reviewed and its consistency improved. It is now also on the list of things to do.

Jeremy: The error you have identified is where the table script is attempting to control a backglass element, specifically this is a subroutine used to clear the backglass and it is called often and early. If you are running in desktop mode without a backglass then this is the cause of the error. There has been almost no attention paid to running the game in desktop mode and it has never been played without a backglass. Currently some of the game progress (e.g. progress toward BOTW) has no other way to be displayed and there are events that are only visible on the backglass. The backglass is a big part of the game experience. Although running the table in desktop mode is something that should be addressed, it will need to wait until the above items are dealt with unless someone elese wants to run with it.

francisco bambino: The current version has been built using the rulesheets available from papa.org (the specific link is https://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/WOZ-Rulesheet-Version-1-26.pdf) . All current version deviations from these rules are detailed in the table script lines 42 – 125. If there is something that supercedes what papa.org produced and is available, it would be wonderful to see. If anyone wants to discuss the basis of the existing rule deviations or point out flaws, please post or pm.

Thanks and obviously someone has alot of work to do.

I wonder if we could do what they did on Stranger Things table.  This would allow you to show the back glass in desktop mode.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You can use regular backglass in desktop mode.

Jeremy
        Participant
          @malachi666

Thalamus, can you please point me in the direction of instructions on how to set this up?  Thank you!

francisco bambino
          Participant
            @franciscobambino

Good morning my friend,

This machine in the opinion of all my friends here in Brazil, is the most elaborate and perfect pinbal

If I find out more information, I’ll let you know.

Congratulations on the initiative, this machine for me is the best of all
            great job

Koolywiz
            Participant
              @koolywiz

Excellent work.  I do hope this will be playable outside the pup player as well.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

@jeremy https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/attack-from-mars-bally-1995-vpx-db2sdt-colordmd-mod-v1-0/#description

You don’t really need special modifications like Xenonph did. But, the description should get you going.

barto107
                Participant
                  @barto107

from time to time the flips play alone in my place is this normal?  :unsure:

Jeremy
                  Participant
                    @malachi666

@jeremy https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/attack-from-mars-bally-1995-vpx-db2sdt-colordmd-mod-v1-0/#description

You don’t really need special modifications like Xenonph did. But, the description should get you going.

Thank you Thalamus!!  This worked!  I can now tweek the table so that it looks right in Desktop mode.

I was wondering how to get the B2S window to hover over the game window?  When I click on the game window so that I can play it the B2S disappears behind it.  The Ultra DMD is there, just not the B2S.  I can Alt-Tab to it though…  any ideas?

kurt mueller
                    Participant
                      @karlzon18

Morning friends,

dl link in the first post is dead is there a chance to get the table?

Greeting Kalle

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Works for me

bjschneider93
                        Participant
                          @bjschneider93

Is it normal to have 10 balls?  I’ve never played the real thing

Tarcísio Caleiro
                          Participant
                            @duplik

Hi, Looking at the wip vpx Wizard of Oz image files, I noticed that the images are at a low resolution. I do not know if it’s because it’s still a wip, but by searching for google, I found a perfect playfield image with a much better resolution.
                            As it was a google image, I don’t know if you already had it, but it is an image of 3467×7192 pixels, totally perfect, no need for any retouching, just a color ajus t in my opinion.

Attachments:
                            topache
                            Participant
                              @topache

Wow this was a shock! Didn’t see this one coming. What an awesome WIP playable. Thank you so much for your time hard work and sharing. I’m definitely looking forward to more advancement and appreciate all you do for us

francisco bambino
                              Participant
                                @franciscobambino

ckpin, will you be able to leave the magic pinball of oz with these rules?

I know you still have a lot of work to do, sorry, I’m just trying to help

Mr_H
                                Participant
                                  @jhopwood

Would be incredible to get the playfield lighting more like that reference video too.

Lot of work by the sounds of it, but totally worth it and already a great achievement. Well done.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0342/1649/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-kit_1024x1024.jpg?v=1514300571

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Guys. I think you are really putting a whole lot of pressure on @ckpin

This to me seems like a project best done as a co-op. Maybe that is already happening in the background ?

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    Mr_H
                                    Participant
                                      @jhopwood

Happy to help out. I’m a 3d visualizer, anything that needs modeling, rendering – I can do if you want.

B-)

robwaade
                                      Participant
                                        @robwaade

how do i get the b2s to show up :mail:

Rajo Joey
                                        Participant
                                          @joey2001

how do i get the b2s to show up :mail:

The backglass is working, but read the first site. Sometimes it’s not loading because of the size.

robwaade
                                          Participant
                                            @robwaade

<p style=”text-align: left;”>thanks</p>

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?