WPC Standard Body Cabinet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rhymer
    Participant
      @rhymer

I’m in the planning phase of my virtual pinball project. I want my vpin to look as close to a WPC game as possible so it does not look out of place next to my other WPC games. So I thought a good starting point would be to make a sketchup model of a real WPC game to use as a starting point for my build. Then I can adjust the model to fit the screens etc. of the vpin before building it.

To view the model download the Sketchup Viewer. To edit the model download Sketchup Make. Both these tools are free.

The sketchup file is here. You need to unzip it and find the file wpc_cabinet.skp and open it in Sketchup or the viewer.

Here is more information about the model:

https://github.com/jonaskello/wpc-cabinet

Please note that I am not an engineer and a novice at Sketchup so there may be a few mistakes. I have not used these plans to build anything yet so there might be measurements that are not correct. I’m hoping others in the community will find these plans useful and will help in correcting any mistakes in the model. So any feedback is welcome :-).

Here is a screenshot of the model:

screenshot

Attachments:
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

:good: Looks great.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Only few comments. Don’t sell yourself short making only 1 flipper on each side. You need those magna-save’. You probably also need more buttons. But, those can if you wish be hidden under the cab. I have 4 buttons + a plunger. Coin, Credit, Exit and Launch. But, well – I still can’t live without a keyboard for adding – adjusting tables. Except for that, go ahead.

rhymer
          Participant
            @rhymer

@randr, thanks :-)

@Thalamus
            , This model is just to replicate a regular WPC cabinet. I’m working on the adjustments to make for my virtual cabinet now using this model as a starting point. Once I finish the modified model for the virtual cab I’ll share it too. Good point about the buttons, I’m just starting to research how many buttons I will need so your information is very useful.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Nice. Well, one addition I’ve made that I’m happy with is an extension cord for 2 USB connections. I put it in the right hand corner about where you often find the on/off button on real machines. Handy for my usb headset if wife gets mad at me and maybe more useful, for making backups.

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

Nice. Well, one addition I’ve made that I’m happy with is an extension cord for 2 USB connections. I put it in the right hand corner about where you often find the on/off button on real machines. Handy for my usb headset if wife gets mad at me and maybe more useful, for making backups.

So where is your on/off button?  I put mine where you find it on the real machines.  My usb jacks are centered in the cab to the left of that.

@rhymer
                nice sketchup model, thanks for sharing.  One nice feature of sketchup is auto-scaling the model to a measurement.  So in this case make a rectangle the same proportions as your playfield TV for instance that fills the playfield area, then use the measure tool and measure say the width of that rectangle and just type what your tv measurement is and it will ask if you want to scale the whole model to match.  hope that made sense, I’m kind of a hack at sketchup, but that would be very useful especially for mini-cab builds.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

@BorgDog … uh, do I dare to say ? Hmm … ok, I friggin forgot about the button. I told myself – don’t know how many times. “And don’t forget the start button”. So, it ended up laying inside the coin door ;-)

Spinach23
                  Participant
                    @spinach23

I was just gifted a wide body cab but I’m on the fence about using it vs. a standard EM type cab.  On the plus size, I could probably fit a near 50″ 4k in there!  Of course, the other side is SIZE.  At the moment I only have a standard actual pin, but I’m looking for another (of course), though I don’t seem to be drawn to the wide body.  I’ll be watching your build.  Pics in environment would help me so I’m especially looking forward to those.

Good luck, I’ll be stealing your ideas! 8-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?