X-Men LE (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Arngrim
    Participant
      @arngrim
      DOF MinisterMember

wait i even didn’t touch that table yet :)

great release folks :), will try it tonight, the LE will need it’s own dof config, coming soon ;)

A there is is. Was lucky enough to get my hands on a pre release version and that was big improvement over all previous releases I’ve seen. So, I know this is going to be great. Thank you very much DjRobX, HF, ICP, Bord, Fren and Arngrim. :yahoo:

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Now this is X-Men … :good:  … thank you Guys, great Work !

Sven34
        Participant
          @sven34

thank you Guys, but Where is xmn_151h ???? Fantastic nice work  :yahoo:

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

The table makes so much fun, I like the new iceman ramp and the guardians in the background.

Any change on a iceman mod ?

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkCa7hlbQc

or

http://www.pinballdecals.com/Xmen_IceManModPage.html

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

wait i even didn’t touch that table yet :) great release folks :), will try it tonight, the LE will need it’s own dof config, coming soon ;)

A there is is. Was lucky enough to get my hands on a pre release version and that was big improvement over all previous releases I’ve seen. So, I know this is going to be great. Thank you very much DjRobX, HF, ICP, Bord, Fren and Arngrim. :yahoo:

I’m just ahead of you – is there ANY table you don’t improve ? :wacko:   :good:

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

What a nice surprise, fantastic work!
                Thanks to everyone involved, it is much appreciated!

LTA
                Participant
                  @luvthatapex

Holy smokes this a awesome! I have a real XMEN PRO but its so great to be able to play the LE in my cabinet right next to it. Can’t wait to load it up and see the color changing GI, pop up nightcfrawlers and moving ramp. Thanks so much!!!!!

DJRobX
                    @djrobx
                    MemberModerator

Any change on a iceman mod ?

Definitely do-able (and I think a good idea), someone would just need to donate an Iceman primitive.

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Cant Play … latest Beta … whats wrong here, other Tables are ok and running,
                      thanks i.a.

Attachments:
                      STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Sven, it’s always the same with Stern Roms, go to sternpinball.com , download X-Men LE Rom, unzip and you get the .bin File,
                        rename the .bin to xmn_151h.bin, then zip it to get the xmn_151h.zip … hey – you got it :yes:

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

Cant Play … latest Beta … whats wrong here, other Tables are ok and running, thanks i.a.

I just took a look at the table, it is for sure not using any over sized textures, that is one reason this error pops up….
                          I also have one setup that i can run tables like this and if there is a problem I will get that same error… and the table is running fine…
                          what i think you need to do is do a shutdown and restart of your rig…. this should dump anything hanging around robbing your memory
                          I’ve also had to do this with error in the past, but never on my cab

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

Great versions guys!! A true LE :). I love how it plays and feels!

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I did get the ball stuck on the left lower ramp during Magneto multiball. Tried to nudge it free but I couldn’t get it to drop. xmenle

WOW it looks great though!!!!

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

vogliadicane
                              Participant
                                @vogliadicane

great table and dope light show (I use the Green Option)! :good: Thanks to all you guys!

The only thing I added was a CoinIn sound, because I can’t live without it. Maybe you add this in the next version? :rose:

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Strange, had to redownload, diff. Filesize … whatever … very nice LE :good:
                                  i ask myself: should i add normal Table – and – LE to my Cab …

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

The table looks amazing. Plays amazing too. Just figured maybe the authors would like to know.

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

Cant Play … latest Beta … whats wrong here, other Tables are ok and running, thanks i.a.

I just took a look at the table, it is for sure not using any over sized textures, that is one reason this error pops up…. I also have one setup that i can run tables like this and if there is a problem I will get that same error… and the table is running fine… what i think you need to do is do a shutdown and restart of your rig…. this should dump anything hanging around robbing your memory I’ve also had to do this with error in the past, but never on my cab

you can also fix this problem permanently if you make sure that none of your images exceed 4000 pixels

in this case, the only problem is with lowerleftrampUV2.png

resize from 4096 to 4000 (or lower 3000 if you don’t have a 4k monitor)

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

you can also fix this problem permanently if you make sure that none of your images exceed 4000 pixels

in this case, the only problem is with lowerleftrampUV2.png

resize from 4096 to 4000 (or lower 3000)

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the assumption that native resolution in VPX was same as other gaming engines where 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. were the native scaling resolutions. I’ve always used these in builds so there doesn’t have to be any extra scaling before fitting an image to the table dimensions. Should save some processing and maximize image quality, right? If that is the case the 4096 textures should be resized to 2048.

If VP is built differently then nevermind. Hoping someone can confirm or deny for the sake of my workflow.

Bullwinkle55
                                        Participant
                                          @bullwinkle55

Just keeps getting better all the time. Thanks very much

DJRobX
                                            @djrobx
                                            MemberModerator

If your system cannot handle 4096×4096 textures, the best solution is to set “Max texture dimensions” in the VP video options to 2048 or 3072.   Now the issue will be permanently solved for this and any other tables.   The point of that option is to have VP downsize high res textures automatically.    With more tables having high quality textures, it’s a good idea to set this.   3072 is probably a good number for 1080p.  Downsizes, but still leaves some overhead for scaling.

I left lowerleftrampUV2.png as a 4096×4096 texture, because that part of the ramp spans the whole left side of the playfield, and I tested and found the quality difference was noticeable on a 4k render.    I did downsize the other 3 ramps to 2048×2048, because each of those is approximately 1/4 of the playfield.

Note that the playfield itself is 1844×4096.  So the 4096 number itself is not a problem.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 164 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?