XMen FP->VPX conversion WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

X-Men (FP -> VPX Conversion)

One of those quick FP -> VPX conversions, utilizing 85vett’s script from his VP9 table!

Punch it!

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Flint_Beastwood
      Participant
        @flint-beastwood

Awesome man! Go get em!!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Table looks great! Best of both worlds. Thanks frenetic.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Fulltilt
          Participant
            @fulltilt

First word that comes to mind is AWESOME :D

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

Ugh looking at those ramps, I’m embarrassed by the texture. That’s such an easy fix, it bugs me. Those ramps will look a lot better when I release the download.

Punch it!

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Ugh looking at those ramps, I’m embarrassed by the texture. That’s such an easy fix, it bugs me. Those ramps will look a lot better when I release the download.

I would hope so! Was going to mention those ramp textures but didn’t want to mention it! Lmao kidding! ;)

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

Here’s a quick video. If I get time tomorrow it should be available for download by tomorrow evening. I still need to add flashers, fix the ramp primitives a little bit for VP use, and mild gameplay tweaks, nothing major though, really should only be about an hours worth of work.

Punch it!

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

looks really nice. those models look very nice from the little i can see in video. looking foward to another VP10 table to test!

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

Indeed, those graphics and models are all thanks to smoke, his x-men table is one of the better FP tables in a long time. He has a really keen eye for detail.

Punch it!

Daryl
                      Participant
                        @allknowing2012

When you do these FP->VPX conversions, do you pull over the pf, plastics and some of the key 3d models or is it more intense then that? Ie. do you somehow bring over the entire FP table?

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

threw it in the cab today… looks and plays awesome (as always)

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

When you do these FP->VPX conversions, do you pull over the pf, plastics and some of the key 3d models or is it more intense then that? Ie. do you somehow bring over the entire FP table?

Daryl Fen has a bunch of videos that show you how its done… simple answer I wish it was that easy…lol

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

I have seen those videos .. just wanted to be sure I was missing something ;-)

freneticamnesic
                                @freneticamnesic
                                vipModeratorMember

It’s basically the visuals of the FP table with the script and rom support of Visual Pinball. I import the FP table into Blender, then export each piece. I try to group everything using the same texture or material together so it’s normally only 20 primitives or so. All the plastics in one model, all the rails in one, all the screws in one, etc. It only takes about an hour to get it “visually” where I need it in VP, then I can begin adding the VP script. I have a base table I do this all on and drop the code in. I’ve gotten pretty quick at just going through the code and converting it before doing anything, but there’s still a lot of stuff I have to do by trial and error. I copy all the switches, lights, etc from the VP table as well. The lights get converted to the new VPX method and the switches do as well. Sometimes the table uses the exact same PF image as the FP one and it’s quick, most of the time though it’s a different image and I spend 20 minutes having to shape the lights to fit the new PF, this is the most time consuming/boring part. I copy over the important walls, I add the new VPX rubbers to the posts, etc. This is a basic build really compared to how I would normally do a table, ie. if I was gathering the resources myself, putting the table together from blueprints, figuring out rom assignments – all very time consuming. A quick build like this really helps you get better at the stuff for your full builds. You figure out faster methods to do things, shortcuts, etc. It’s not the best way to build a table, and I hope someone else comes along and improves these, or does them from the ground up in VPX, since they could all use a special touch. I think they’re all good players though and they should improve at least a little bit on the VP9 version by taking advantage of the new lighting and some 3d models.

Punch it!

TrackMaD
                                Participant
                                  @me2010

Awesome conversion Fren, plays and looks great thanks. Again i hate posting a problem seems i’m the only one with it, but can’t get the backglass to work got the x-men pro (stern 2012).directB2S from VPU and i get an error on line 44, should i be using the xmen le (stern 2012) version, will try that 2moro, let you know if it works. Cheers

boomshakalaka

freneticamnesic
                                    @freneticamnesic
                                    vipModeratorMember

No should be Xmen pro… b2s worked here
                                    Though, line 44 is case 1 which leads me to believe you have changed the wrong line. On line 9, change cCcontroller to 3 for b2s. That should work for you

Punch it!

TrackMaD
                                    Participant
                                      @me2010

ok thanks fren for getting back to me, yep that’s what i normally do. Please see attachments . Could i bother you to send/pm/post/upload the one you are using as the 1 i have is dated 2014 maybe it might be different to mine. i also renamed as usual can that be a prob. Honestly never had any dramas with anything pre using VP10 lol. Cheers

boomshakalaka

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

Does b2s run on any other VP10 tables? This really seems like a privilege issue, ie. not running something as admin..

Punch it!

TrackMaD
                                        Participant
                                          @me2010

yeah mate, thats what so strange, i have 8 tables of vp10 star trek , rescue 911 etc… b2s’s all are running fine, got me stuffed, xmen should be working, will play around a bit more, does vp10 write anything to the registry for each table ? Maybe i can delete that and try again, or is there a reset cfg somewhere for each table ?

boomshakalaka

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

You know what….try this. On line 51, it says
                                            Case 3,4
                                            Set controller = etc etc

delete those 2 lines and replace it with

Case 3
                                            Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”)
                                            Case 4
                                            Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”)

Punch it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?