This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  JR 1 month ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
     The Loafer 
    Participant

Hi there!

Not sure where else to post this since none of the other forums seem to apply.  @randr/mods:  if you feel this belongs elsewhere, please go ahead and move it.

This concerns Zaccaria Pinball, a commercial digital pinball app that IMHO is very well done and addresses many pinball tables that are not reflected in VP/FP. The app is available on PC, Xbox One, Switch, Android mobile and coming in the not too distant future on Apple IOS (and possibly/eventually released on PS4 but don’t quote me on that!). This app has over 100 tables and IMHO the physics have gotten better and better. The developer also has added many features that reflect us fans of pincabs and VR as both are supported.

Last year I was selected as the voice actor for the Black Belt remake table for Zaccaria Pinball. It was a wonderful experience, one that was made even better with Zaccaria giving me a lot of creative freedom in approaching the project.

On that note, this Saturday at 4PM EST/EDT, I have been invited to participate in Zaccaria’s live Twitch.TV stream to discuss Zaccaria Pinball, my take on voice acting, etc. If you have time, come and join in, there will also be some discussions on the recent Android update which brought many new tables and features to the android platform.

#ZaccariaPinball
    #TwitchTV
    #Pinball

https://www.twitch.tv/events/irQg9toNReO0IXyMLFz1uA

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  The Loafer.
     bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Cool! The Zaccaria Android app is my go-to for mobile pinball. The new Android update is great in-game. VP could benefit from imitating some of the features (that raytraced ball shadow is unreal!). The UX of the new menus are a real dog to get through just to play a single game but otherwise the update is awesome.

Haven’t played the remake tables yet but I will now. Good luck on Saturday.

Badazzwi 
    Participant

Very cool! I haven’t played the android version yet but I have the platinum pack on steam. Maybe you could suggest some improvements to cabinet mode  ;-)

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

The Loafer 
    Participant

Bord: what do you find frustrating for selecting tables?

badazzwi:  they’ve recently updated the backglasses, much improved. What are you looking for as updates?  Realdmd support?

bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Just too many clicks (taps) to get to gameplay.

Click to start app

Click the logo

Click past the special offer (even though fully paid)

Click the category (duplicate retro category should disappear for paid users)

Click the table

Click play in table menu

Click play AGAIN in property menu

Plus the play button location moves between table menu and property menu. Just a convoluted interface, especially for phone/tablet. Properties should be defaulted unless you go change them in a menu.

In contrast the old interface IIRC was three clicks from start app to gameplay.

That being said, the games themselves are great and play night and day better than they used to (and I liked them before).

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  bord.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  bord.
     Badazzwi 
    Participant

It’s been a bit since I fired it up. I was hoping for widescreen support on the backglass and the ability to move the dmd to a third screen.

JR 
    Participant

Will for sure tune in tomorrow Loafer!  I’ve never tried any mobile vp apps but put this on an 8″ Samsung tablet today and very interesting!  Farfalla!  And I will check out Black Belt before your stream.  Very cool you’re a part of this.  It does seem to need a lot of clicking like Bord mentioned.  Would be nice if a little smoother.  And if they want to be really hip…have the devs chat with vox about adding Cup Head.  I am a tad bummed…I saw Nautilus on the game list.  But wrong one.

Badazzwi 
    Participant

20190913_205400

Just gave it a few plays. Good stuff.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

It’s been a bit since I fired it up. I was hoping for widescreen support on the backglass and the ability to move the dmd to a third screen.

I don’t really expect to see “widescreen” support for this, in all honesty. Cabinet mode isn’t the focus of the software (although it’s really nice that it’s supported without any hoops to jump through), and outside of the remakes fidelity of the tables is such a focus that I wouldn’t be surprised if “stretching” the images to fit a 16×9 backglass monitor is an effective non-starter. It took a few versions after some people complained before they fixed issues with general portrait mode in things like the Campaign mode.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

JR 
    Participant

Does NOT sound like how his Avatar looks lol.

The Loafer 
    Participant

LOL

robertms 
    Participant

Great job @theloafer ! Just watched the video and really enjoyed your commentary. Love how you whooped Mart’s ass in his own game, lol.

Tom 
    Participant

Zaccaria has some really nice tables, only had 3 of them up till now.  Time machine needs to be done in vpx, looks like an interesting table

JR 
    Participant

I had it on at work and missed a lot.  But the bits I heard were very interesting.  Very cool Loafer  !!  I’m going to listen to this again soon when I can pay attention.  ….you really need a new avatar …you sound nothing like a loafer.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  JR.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account