Twilight Zone Skitso Mod 2.05
The latest release from Team rothborski.
This has been in works for months and I'm finally happy to introduce it to the community. Since my last version, a lot has happened to this table:
I've made a complete visual overhaul with all the new stuff I've learned since v. 1.5 about a year ago. There's new inserts, new textures, new lights, new shadows, new flashers, a lot of added detail etc. all with a Skitso level of polish and attention to detail you all are accustomed of.
Then there's a completely overhauled, best in class gameplay and physics, by no other than rothbauerw, the king of physics. He also rewrote a lot of the scripting, fixed issues with GI and clock lights, added sounds and offered a lot of support and help in all the ways possible.
Bord also stepped in, providing the table a new mesh playfield, a new ramp model, a new lampshade model and a new scoop model, all top notch quality as usual.
I want to give a huge special thanks to these two gentleman. It's a privilege to be able to work with such talent. Thank you guys!
The table is FSS and VR ready (active backglass and DMD). To use in VR, set the VRon option in the script to True. There is also an option for those with dual leaf switches for their flipper buttons.
The goal was to recreate this classic pinball as faithfully as possible. There are some visual mods available to enable in the top part of the script, but they are not part of my artistic vision on this table, so I suggest leaving them off. Also changing POV will mess few lighting effects, so that should not be done unless absolute necessity.
Skitso - project lead, visuals and QA/testing
rothbauerw - scripting, gameplay, physics, sounds and QA/testing
bord - mesh playfield, primitives and QA/testing
This table mod is based on Ninuzzu's table. (Thanks for letting me mod it!)
Original authors for this table are: Ninuzzu, coindropper, nFozzy, JPSalas, Tom Tower, Hauntfreaks, Flupper and Zany. Thanks and sorry if I missed some one.
Version 1.0: (not availabe any more)
- Added playfield and plastics shadows
- Added ball shadow
- Added TV-shadows
- Improved lighting with lots of small lamp tweaks for more polished look
- Partly redrawn playfield with better insert light textures (mainly the door section)
- Fixed and improved clock textures (both clock face and plastic cover)
- Color corrected and added a slight noise texture to clear ramp star texture
- Small tweaks and polish here and there
Version 1.1: (not availabe any more)
- Further improved lighting (upper table)
- tiny texture tweaks
- Script improvements (better ssf and modulated flashers, thanks Thalamus)
Version 1.11 (not availabe any more)
- Fixed middle white dome flasher
- improved top left flashers
- improved lighting on magna-flip signs
- improved lighting and materials on bumbers
Version 1.2 (not availabe any more)
- Hopefully fixed gumball machine jam (Thanks Thalamus!)
- Improved slot machine lighting
- Improved small clock lighting
- Improved pyramid lighting
- Improved pyramid texture (shadow and blue light)
- Few small shadow and flasher improvements
Version 1.5 (not availabe any more)
- nFozzy has fixed the gumball machine once and for all! (The gumball machine rescripted to use the proper motor solenoid and not the fake kickout solenoid that it had before)
- nFozzy also added clock sfx and other small script improvements
- Improved slot machine shadow and lighting
- Improved camera flashers
- New insert lighting
- New flasher lighting
- New GI lighting
- New insert texturing
- New gumball machine texturing
- New ramp mesh
- New scoop mesh
- New lamp shade mesh
- New mesh playfield
- New physics and gameplay
- New sounds
- Lot's of improved script stuff
- A huge amout of tweaks and polish around the table
- Fixed 'Lost in the Zone' -mode gumball machine logic
- Added a lamp reflection to slotmachine scoop
- Fixed a miniplayfield wall that was partly inside a rubber peg
- Fixed skewed apron
- Fixed flasher reflections that weren't visible
- Improved bumber lights and flashers
- Improved right hand side red flasher
- Added a script option for lockdownbar visibility
- This topic has 240 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.