All-in-one (almost) installer (VPX10.6.0, VP9.9.5b, VP9.9PM5(updated Plunger/Accel/Surround MOD)b, VP9.2.1, VP8, VPM3.2, DMDext, X/UltraDMD, B2S, DX9webinstaller, Core.vbs scripts). Open the zip, run the .exe, enjoy.
Simply run the installer!
VP 10.6.0 Changelog
- optimize .obj importer
- add object space-normal mapping support to primitive (our implementation matches the object space, +X +Y +Z, export/baking settings in Blender)
Object space-normal maps are commonly used if one reduces polygon counts of a complex model. The lost geometric details are then added back via a normal map
- fix some potential problems with balls and rubbers outside of the playfield range, and when importing certain primitive meshes via .obj
- show kicker (default) orientation in the editor
- support 'Add Point' hotkey (F10 normal and F11 for smooth point) for rubbers
- fix lighting of the reflection of the playfield on the ball (before it was more or less ignoring the real lightsources and using a wrong lookup from the environment)
- increase robustness (and reduce temporary memory used) when handling very large images/textures
- add rothbauerw's and cyberpez' ball dropping sound code to builtin example tables
- add proper dithering to final output buffer (most noticable on gradients and/or low-quality/cheaper output monitors)
- remove caption and window borders in windowed mode (only re-enable/toggle that caption if the 'ESC'/Pause-menu is brought up so that one can move the window around after unpausing again)
- save position of the windowed mode player window
- fix some issues with the physically based lighting calculations, this can change the brightness (most noticably on the playfield) for some tables (more so if the (HDR) environment map is very high contrast, especially on the poles)
- add current active ball velocity/angular velocity, and the number of physics iterations per frame to the F11 debug output/stats
- fix some potential crashes and quirks in the manager dialogs (most notably the alpha test value in the image manager being copied to other elements when deleting an image)
- fix crashes if a POV file is broken/invalid
- fix normal computations of the old legacy primitive (i.e. that triangulated tube)
- show amount of vertices/polygons for a mesh primitive in the status bar
- do not ignore primitive setting 'Has Hit Event' anymore (before it was always implicitly on)
- add display selection in the video preferences
- fix some regressions (introduced with 10.5) with backdrop lights (most prominent: bulb lights had wrong falloff, the 'classic' lights wrong image mapping)
as a bonus, this should also finally fix all issues seen with backdrop lights on intel/builtin graphics in the past
- disable transmit for backdrop bulb lights
- implement proper sRGB pipeline for runtime filtering (only for images/textures that are used in the 'standard' material)
- increase static table elements precomputation samples from 32 to 64 and in addition do not do aniso/trilinear filtering there, but rely on the oversampling and bilerp instead, leading to much crisper textures
- add checkbox to 'user customizations'->'overwrite physics by global set' to optionally change all flipper settings, too
- fix some regressions from VPX 10.3+ within the physics options dialog, especially with some of its flipper settings and when importing settings
- fix ball through bumper issue
- add apply button to the dimensions manager to apply the selected dimension to the active table
- add support for up to 9 custom start parameters (range 1-9). Usage: "VPinballX.exe -c1 param1 -c2 param2" sets two custom parameters "param1" and "param2".
To access these in the script use: GetCustomParam(1) to get "param1" and GetCustomParam(2) to get "param2"
- add strength parameter for the (optional) legacy/VP9-like keyboard nudging code, can be set in the 'Keys, Nudge and DOF' preferences dialog
- add support for showing the image of a primitve mesh in the editor. However this feature is far from perfect because Windows GDI (which draws the elements in the editor) can't handle meshes well
- re-use existing sound settings if re-importing a sound file
- fix crash in collection manager if a collection is moved up/down
- fix ball decal splotches if only a global ball image was set in the video preferences
- new table-script manipulation features:
'-extractvbs' parameter: "VPinballX.exe -extractvbs tablename.vpx" extracts the script and exits
VPX will automatically replace the table-script with a vbs file named the same as the table file (similar to the existing pov file functionality)
- add support for using a primitive as playfield instead of the build-in one:
o to create a mesh playfield create a new blank table and export it as obj file
o open the obj file in Blender and edit the playfield mesh (mesh name is "Table1")
o cut holes into the playfield where you want to place kickers, VUKs and so on
o export the modified playfield mesh as a separate obj file and import it to VPX
o in VPX rename the playfield primitive to "playfield_mesh"
o the playfield primitive doesn't need an image and a material assigned
VPX will use the texture and material from the playfield properties, but will respect the 'disable lighting' parameter from the primitive
Note: VP can only handle a simple mesh plate (with optional holes) as a playfield. Adding other complicated meshes to the playfield (e.g. merge kicker meshes with the playfield) is not supported.
The "playfield_mesh" is also handled as a special primitive type: its physics settings are copied from the table physics properties, but in addition you can also set "Has Hit Event" and set a "Hit Threshold"
if you want to be informed that the ball has hit the playfield. Settings like "Toy", "Collidable" or "Overwrite Material Settings" won't work for the "playfield_mesh".
See example table (File -> New -> Example Table) how to use it.
- add checkbox to sound- and image-manager to use internal name as filename for exporting
- fix "all sounds to rear channels" bug
- add missing implementation for -pov command line option
- remove all table encryption, old locked tables automatically unlock now
- add buttons to video preferences to easily setup defaults for low- or high-end PCs
- add 'Force Bloom Filter off' to video preferences to increase performance on extremely low-end graphics cards (like on tablets)
- update BASS library to 2.4.14
- see core scripts (header of core.vbs) for the respective changelog (version 3.57)
- see CommandReference.txt for the changelog of all the scripting properties/interface changes
- remove Visual Studio 2010 & 2012 & 2013 support, add Visual Studio 2019 support
- updated to latest FreeImage.dll (3.18.0) (currently disabled)
- DirectX 8 port for input handling (currently disabled)
- This topic has 42 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.