Adding a frame around videos for pup pack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    designone
    Participant
      @designone

What software and how do you put a frame around your videos for pup pack videos.

I love these and want to make some but I don’t know how you crop them as a frame around the video.

Is their a tutorial somewhere. :wacko:

Thank-you

LynnInDenver
      Participant
        @lynnindenver

Two ways to make a frame for around a video:

First is the way it’s handled in Stranger Things SE, and that’s to use a video editor to apply the frame to all videos. This is what you want if you need the video to occasionally interact with the frame, like an effect that goes over the frame at certain points.

Second is to make a transparent PNG of the frame image, and use that as an overlay. The Orbital Pin framework does include an example of this as part of the demo setup, and it’s also done this way in Masters of the Universe aka He-Man.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

designone
        Participant
          @designone

Thank-you LynnlnDenver,

What software is used to to make these frames. Are they made in a Photoshop type program or a video editor.

What are the best/hopefully cheap programs to use.

Thank-you

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

You should be able to use Photoshop or GIMP for the PNG version of the frame, either to use as a static overlay directly in PUP, or to import into the video editor of your choice if you’re overlaying it there.

designone
            Participant
              @designone

Thank-you for your help

I’ll give it a go. I think I’ll try the static overlay first

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?