Media Manager form putting out error whose parent is PinUp Popper Setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pinball
    Participant
      @pinballpal

I am getting  a MsgBox error with title Pinup Popper Config with the following error messages

“Socket Error #11001 Host not found” when trying to click the lower right globe on the squares of the MediaManager Form which I assume is trying to connect to the PopMedia server.

This just started on Saturday 3/27/2021 while trying to add new games to Popper. I have found no other failures of the application.

Doing some research I  found several causes for this  error.

A. PopMedia Server is down : Although I don’t know the ip address of this server I have looked all over the web and found no indication on any of the forums and the PinUp System wiki that it is down. Does anyone know the ip address of the P0pMedia Server?  I want to ping it to see if I get a response. I’m not looking for access just the ability to ping it.

B. Security-  Looking at the Popper wiki I saw in big red type that antivirus can cause this problem. There is not any third party antivirus installed on this computer.

PinUpSystem, Visual Pinball x , Future Pinball w BAM and FX3 all been placed as  exceptions  for Defender but I don’t think that is it . I’ve had Defender and all it’s associated processes shut down for months.  I checked system settings and everything still seems to be off in terms of Defender and it’s sub processes.

I  checked both com and dcom processes security settings and all users and objects are set to minimal security protocols. I used dcomcnfg.exe to accomplish this.

C. What I was doing. Generally I was downloading some pretty old 90’s Gottlieb VPX games from VPinball I used gametronik to find the roms.  I have a fetish with these old games and have done this multiple times with no problems. I download these files from my Linux box and transfer to protect the Cabinet software components.  Once everything was downloaded  moved the files to the tables and roms folder.  All games downloaded are functioning with roms. Also checked all files to make sure they were unblocked.

Also, I have checked  other applications that connect to the web.  These are either 64 bit browsers or the Windows 10 64 bit update routines. No problems at all connecting to these servers. Other than the Virtual Pin software I have no 32 bit software which is native to the Windows build.

Any one have any ideas where to look next?

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

POPMedia service on vpinball is no longer active.  You will need to use latest files to use my new server for POPMEDIA.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=beta_releases

1 user thanked author for this post.
        darthwhat
        Participant
          @darthwhat

Makes me nervous upgrading things could get wonky :( do you have to upgrade both player and popper if you have 1.4.5?

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

player and popper

If you are using both then you should Up-Date both – nailbuster.com/betas/PinUPSystem_v_1_4_6_beta18.zip

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?