An Idea – Banzai Run FS ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sheltemke
    Participant
      @sheltemke

Hello Guys!

First of all this is not a request topic, just an idea.

For cabinet users i don’t think the FSS version (which is Totally awesome!) is the best, so nobody thought yet about making Banzai Run FS version the same way than Groni did with vp9 version? (The secondary screen come to the main screen when its active).

I think that table would be amazing table in VPX too.

We have a very nice playfield (on vpforums download section).

Of course if somebody take the project i can i try to help in graphics (thats all i can as you now already).

Just an idea…Many authors in Quarantine maybe someone is boring B-)

Thalamus
        @thalamus

Authors in Quarantine – sure, maybe they spend the days finally playing these awesome re-creations ;)

Don’t think it will help much “requesting” a table like this. If they want to make it, they have already thought about it.

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw

With VR gaining in popularity, I don’t see a big desire to build the table this way.  Personally, I’ve always run this in FSS mode on my cab.  It’s the one table I don’t have in FS, but to be honest, I’d rather have it in FSS to get the full effect of what it was like to stand in front of the real machine.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

sheltemke
          Participant
            @sheltemke

With VR gaining in popularity, I don’t see a big desire to build the table this way. Personally, I’ve always run this in FSS mode on my cab. It’s the one table I don’t have in FS, but to be honest, I’d rather have it in FSS to get the full effect of what it was like to stand in front of the real machine.

I see. I don’t know anything about VR to be honest, never tried.  Than i see the point why not FS version exists. Thx for explanation.

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Sheltemke:  Have you tried running the FSS version?  It’s pretty fantastic

sheltemke
              Participant
                @sheltemke

Sheltemke: Have you tried running the FSS version? It’s pretty fantastic

I Love the FSS version, but i have a 27 inch monitor which is not perfect for 2 screen :) But i understand what rothbauerw says and a cabinet with 40+ inch Playfield i’m sure is large enough for FSS, so i see the point. ;-)

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Its not perfect of course as for FSS to really be perfect, it needs to be played in a fairly vertical monitor.  With pincabs our screen are layed flat so it feels like the playfield is pointing down. But for this particular pin, at least the backboard playfield works awesomely!

Dark
                    @dark

Believe me when I say you are not the first to want this in FS, this desire goes back a decade or more by now! :P

A few issues, the main one being no support for 2nd monitor native to VPX kills the dream of making the game play work on back glass, other issue being the real life back glass is very tall so very few people would have the correct dimensions on their 2nd/3rd monitor to display it.

VR already can, expansions to VPX could make FS experience possible, and if VPE gets finished it could definitely have the capability for this.

3dcreation

3dcreation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?