Beacon too much for LED wiz?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383910750276

I used to have one of these on my cab and ran it off the ledwiz.  In the pinscape build guide, he says that these draw 500mA which is the max that you can draw through an ledwiz.  He says that you should use a relay board.  I never did and didn’t have a problem but now I want to run 2 of them and wonder what others think about it

movieguy
      Participant
        @movieguy

I just bought two of these exact models myself, but haven’t hooked them up yet to the Pinscape AIO I have installed.  I have been debating the same thing you have – should I put them on a single output circuit or use 2 (and that is with a max of 8 amps the Pinscape can handle per output).  If I had a 500ma ceiling I wouldn’t do it.  Keep in mind, both DOF and DOFlinx can have multiple ports for a single device type, so if you have the spare ports its a much safer option.

In the Pinscape AIO manual the listed draw for a beacon is 1 A, but I look at this (and what’s in the build guide) as just guidelines.  Each type of beacon will have a different draw and many of the LED ones don’t even use a motor so they dont require the diode.  I have not been able to find the current draw listed for this specific model so the only way to be sure what your beacon will draw is to use a meter to measure the draw when it’s running and then plan accordingly.

TLDR – I would not put them both on a LedWiz without a relay unless I measured the current with a meter before hooking it up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?