general scripting help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation

Need some general scripting help.  How would I script the following scenarios.

(1)  If L65a (light) state is on, then primitive029 (bumper ring) has image ” xxxxx  ON”  and primitive 030 (bumper cap) has image “xxx ON”and when off image “xxxxOFF”.

(2) If L31 (light) state is on, then Flasher26 (flasher) is on .

(3) If Flasher17 (flasher) is on and Flasher 18 is off, then primitive X “image xxxx”, If Flasher 17 is off and Flasher 18 is on, then Primitive X “image”, if flasher 17 is on and flasher 18 is on, then Primitive X “image”

Thanks!!!

Thalamus
        @thalamus

If bumperlight1.state=1 and GI_1.state=1 then bumperL_prim.image=”cap1ON”

– the general form.

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation

If L49a.state=1 then Primitive024.image=”bumpercap1ON”
          If L49a.state=0 then Primitive024.image=”bumpercap1OFF”

Is this right? I was only going to use two images, so does GI need to be in there.  Does it have to be in a sub?

bord
            @bord

I have comparable examples in Goin’ Nuts, Black Knight… They aren’t in front of me but you should be able to find how they work in the script pretty easily.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation

@Bord, I was looking at your Centaur and that was more complex than I care to make it!!!or comprehend

Thalamus
                @thalamus

No. GI doesn’t need to be there if you don’t have a GI to manipulate. Sub needed ? Depends. Maybe just put it inside a fast timer like the flippers ?

Pseudo-code follows ( which is very UNUSEFUL for flippers I should add )

sub flip_timer()

if bumperlight.state = 1

then

prim1.image=”oh crap”

prim2.image=”more crap”

end if

end sub

I highly recommend that you download the script repo : https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts

Then extract all those scripts to a folder somewhere and use a tool like https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html to find what you’re looking for inside many hundred of thousand of code lines. Should be plentiful of good examples and that tool works partly like a unix grep. Of course, you kind of need to know what your looking for, but, still.

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation

I don’t have that downloaded but I do reference that site, thanks for that.

I was going to ask if I needed a timer to get it to work? Cause it aint workin.lol

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation

I copied the flipper timer and made a light timer because I didn’t want to interfere with anything already happening??? does this look ok, sill not working

‘**********************************************
                    ‘Special Light States
                    ‘**********************************************

Sub LightTimer()

if L49a.State=1 then
                    bumperring1.image=”bumperring1GION”
                    bumpercap1.image=”bumpercap1ON”
                    end if
                    if L49a.State=0 then
                    bumperring1.image=”bumperring1GIOFF”
                    bumpercap1.image=”bumpercap1OFF”
                    end if
                    if L65a.State=1 then
                    bumperring2.image=”bumperring1GION”
                    bumpercap2.image=”bumpercap1ON”
                    end if
                    if L65a.State=0 then
                    bumperring2.image=”bumperring1GIOFF”
                    bumpercap2.image=”bumpercap1OFF”
                    end if
                    if L81a.State=1 then
                    bumperring3.image=”bumperring1GION”
                    bumpercap3.image=”bumpercap1ON”
                    end if
                    if L81a.State=0 then
                    bumperring3.image=”bumperring1GIOFF”
                    bumpercap3.image=”bumpercap1OFF”
                    end if
                    End Sub

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

If things ain’t working – put some debug.print here and there to figure out what is going on. Might it be that something isn’t set to visible maybe ? .visible and .state both need to have non-zero values. Depends on object if I remember correctly. Flasher vs Light. You have to look at the command ref.

Not the best code I’ve seen, but not directly wrong either. Just more processing than needed. This is a one or the other code – so why not use

if xxx then

….

else

end if

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation

I have no clue what the hell I am doing….. I just spent the last hour trying to get the light to just shine through the cap instead of swapping images.  Cant even get that to work… think its bed time for tonight!

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

your code might be working

but you could have the primitives set to “Static Rendering” or using a material that keeps the Lights from shining through the primitive or preventing image swapping

based on those numbers I can tell this is for Party Animal

is their a reason why you are not mapping this so that they are controlled by the rom and not the (rom controlled) light

all that code can be done in 2 lines per bumper followed by 2 NfadeL lines IF  you want the light objects under the bumper caps

with Jps lights

NFadeObjm 49, bumperring1, “bumperring1GION”, “bumperring1GIOFF”

NFadeObjm 49, bumpercap1, “bumpercap1ON”, “bumpercap1OFF”

NFadeObjm 65, bumperring2, “bumperring1GION”, “bumperring1GIOFF”

NFadeObjm 65, bumpercap2, “bumpercap1ON”, “bumpercap1OFF”

NFadeObjm 81, bumperring3, “bumperring1GION”, “bumperring1GIOFF”

NFadeObjm 81, bumpercap3, “bumpercap1ON”, “bumpercap1OFF”

again make sure that “Static Rendering” is not set on the primitives.

( 2)

NfadeLm 31, L31

Flash 31,  Flasher26

and if you  remove static rendering from the primitives and set the depth bias to 200  the bumper lights look pretty good

Capture

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Tom
                          Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation

For the last couple days I have been struggling to understand why the light wouldn’t light up the bumpers…. thanks

0FA248FC-9F09-4C8C-94FE-DD779246FDBB

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation

figured out

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?