Old Timer – amazed at the good work here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dhallowell
    Participant
      @dhallowell

I was lucky enough that my early teens, in the early 60s, brought me to many great arcades.  Many in California – Oakland, Santa Cruz, the NuPike at Long Beach, etc. … I still recall so many great games.   I’ve thought about buying an old machine, but the maintenance, and the space required for just one game had been holding me back.
      I decided to look around for ‘what’s been happening with virtual pinballs’ … and I am very pleasantly surprised at the incredible work I see on this site.
      So much dedication to rescuing those great games, and great care taken to port the artwork to a digital form that will last.

I’m going to build a cabinet and learn my way into this world.  As a retired engineer I won’t have any trouble with the technology.  This is going to be fun!

Thanks so much for all you have done!

Dave

rgarriott
      Participant
        @rgarriott

Welcome Dave and good luck on your VP cab.  Lots of great info and people here on the site.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Hey Dave!  I wasn’t far behind you.  Grew up in the 70’s/80’s so am just old enough to have experienced all the crazy changes pinball has gone through.  Vaguely remember the off-limits game rooms at the mall filled with dinging EM’s.  What’s fascinated me the most about this community in the almost two years I’ve been a part, is the commitment to those older machines.  Did not expect that.  Have fun!!

Dark
            @dark

Welcome Dave, thanks for sharing your experience with us, I suspect you’ll soon become a commonly recognized name around here.

VPX is easier to set up than ever with the all in one installer.

3dcreation

3dcreation

Badazzwi
            Participant
              @badazzwi

Welcome to your new addiction!

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation

I am 39 years old and I always said I would never get involved with Facebook because I was far too busy to be on there posting my thoughts and seeing what other people were doing… I just realized this is my Facebook.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?