Playfield minimized on startup?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    gwarrior
    Participant
      @gwarrior

I have a 3-monitor setup.  When I use PinUp Player to launch Comet, for some reason the table loads, but the playfield is immediately sent to the background…instead of seeing the playfield, I just see my windows desktop.  Yet when I launch the same table from Visual Pinball, this doesn’t happen.  Strangely enough, this appears to be the only table where this happens.

Anyone have any idea why a particular table would launch in the background when started out of PinUp Player, but doesn’t have this problem when launched out of Visual Pinball?

NailBuster
        @nailbuster

try this:  Solved by someone else that had the issue with a different table.

I disabled the b2s grill (that you can’t see anyway) and now it seems to work
        the b2s dmd … set to disable

DeathInc
        Participant
          @deathincclan

I am having the same problem with The Adams Family (G5K).  It is the only table to minimize like that.  I tried the above and it did not work for me.  Any other ideas?

outhere
            @outhere

What type of setup do you have?

Are you running force Exclusive fullscreen?

gwarrior
            Participant
              @gwarrior

Yes, I’m running force exclusive full screen.

I set the DMD and the B2S DMD both to “hidden” but it’s still launching minimized.  Is there some other place I should be deactivating the B2S DMD besides the visual preferences menu?

outhere
                @outhere

What happens if you remove the back glass from the tables folder

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster

you could remove the -minimized flag that is sent to vpinball.exe in your popper launch script.

BUT,  that helps hide the vpinball editor during launch for some scenarios.   so if you do take it out then you may see the vpinball editor popup.

better to try and figure out what is happening if its just one or two tables.   starting with the directb2s file.

for “The Adams Family” are you sure its minimized or ‘crashed’ out as that table is a higher-end/resource table.  if you alt-tab the table comes up from minimized?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  DeathInc
                  Participant
                    @deathincclan

For The Adams family, it is just minimized. Not crashing. Its just sitting there on the task bar waiting for a click.  I use pinballx by the way. Again, it is the only table out of the 500 that does it. I am going to check the backglass again. It is running in full exclusive mode. Thanks again.

Srfrboybob
                    Participant
                      @srfrboybob

I had the same issue happening to me when I added Attack and Revenge from Mars. I too am running force Fullscreen exclusive. I solved this issue by right clicking on the backglass. In the start backglass section selected “small” and I unselected start in exe mode. I did not touch the default setting. This also worked for Indiana Jones pinball adventure (Williams).

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      DracV
                      Participant
                        @dracv

I had the same issue happening to me when I added Attack and Revenge from Mars. I too am running force Fullscreen exclusive. I solved this issue by right clicking on the backglass. In the start backglass section selected “small” and I unselected start in exe mode. I did not touch the default setting. This also worked for Indiana Jones pinball adventure (Williams).

This just saved me from 4 hours of frustration.

Cordsl
                        Participant
                          @cordsl

you could remove the -minimized flag that is sent to vpinball.exe in your popper launch script.

BUT, that helps hide the vpinball editor during launch for some scenarios. so if you do take it out then you may see the vpinball editor popup.

better to try and figure out what is happening if its just one or two tables. starting with the directb2s file.

I have a 3 screen setup and the same problem with some tables when using Popper and VPX is set to: Force Exclusive Full Screen” . I tried everything mentioned here:

• Disabling the b2s grill: no effect.
                          • Selected “small” and I unselected start in exe mode in B2Ssettings: Playfield visible but enormous ball stutter.
                          • When removing the directb2s file from  tables directory the playfield is visible.
                          • When I use Alt-Tab I can see the screen is active, tabbing to field vpxplayer and then release both buttons brings up the playfield.
                          • I also made a very minimal (1 picture and reels) alternate backglass in the B2S Backglass Designer. When putting this in the table folder playfield is visible. But of course this is not what I want.

The only thing that really solved it was removing the -minimized flag. Everything starts up well. When I use the Q-button to exit the table I see the vpinball editor still is minimized !

So thanks for the tip Nailbuster.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation

I have the same exact problem with Tom and Jerry.  Following!!

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation

I removed the t&J b2s and put the pup pack in and it solved my problem.  I bet it has to do with how the b2s is running.  I have had so many problems over the years with exe mode, non exe mode, who the hell knows

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation

Tom and jerry requires a b2s for the PUP pack to work so i had to put the b2s back in and as soon as i did, the PF went away when launched in popper.  I looked in the table folder at the B2STableSettings file and looked for tomjerry section to see if it was in there.  I have run into this before and found that it doesnt make a setting in there for that table rom.  @cordsl @dracv @srfrboybob @deathincclan, copy one of the sections in there for a rom that is working, paste it in and edit the rom name on the top and bottom to manually create the rom that is not working.  It should now work fine for you.

DeathInc
                                Participant
                                  @deathincclan

Thanks Tom, I just tried mine again and it seems to have fixed itself.  Go figure…….

Thanks again

DeathInc

Cordsl
                                  Participant
                                    @cordsl

@Tom

Hi, Tom. For me, it is the Black Knight 2000 that gives the problems with the minimized playfield. As you suggested I looked in the B2STableSettings.xml but found out that the  settings for the bk2k_l4 rom is in there already. The section for Black Knight 2000 also looks the same as some other tables that don’t give problems.   So in my case it I think it must be something else.

P.S. removing the -minimized flag from the startup sequence from Popper still works for me, and no problems so far with other tables, backglasses or Pup-Packs.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Cordsl.
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?