Testing VR without a headset

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scotty VH
      @scottt

I’m interested to see how my setup would handle VR, so I know what I would need to upgrade.  I have VR VPX running, but I can’t control the view.  I was hoping to use the keyboard and mouse since I don’t have a headset.  Is this possible?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

I have vr setup you can have if interested it is oculus rift hardly used with 2 sensors come get it lol

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scotty VH
          @scottt

On my way! :)

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

I will say this Scott, VR is the way to play visual pinball.  Not so much if you have friends over though.  I love my VR setup

1 user thanked author for this post.
            CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

My CPU is just on the wrong side of minimum requirements for VR. No upgrade path for my motherboard. Too old. For me, that means new CPU, new motherboard, new CPU cooler, probably new memory modules. GPU might carryover if I buy the right bus. All that before even looking at headsets, etc. Yeah, it’s going to be a long time before I’ll be trying VR out. :unsure:

jbg4208
              Participant
                @jbg4208

I tested it with a cardboard headset and my phone. It communicates with a program called Trinus cardboard. I used the free version, runs in 15 min increments. So once it times out you can just restart it. But it is great for testing. A bit of lag but it free. so… There are settings you can adjust to reduce lag a bit but it is still very interesting. I can only Imagine what it is like with a true VR setup.

jbg4208
                Participant
                  @jbg4208

Oh and you can pickup a cheap headset to use with your phone for $10 or less.

Scotty VH
                    @scottt

Updates for anyone following the thread or with the same question.  The short answer is No… you cannot emulate VR using a keyboard and mouse and one or more computer screens (at least as far as I could determine).  In my case, I’m now using Oculus Rift ( :good: ), and only installing the software and drivers could I control the 3D view in VPX.   I didn’t test a phone, but that sounds like it could be a good option too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?