Trying to create similar setup To Terry Red’s Stern Style DMD – AND STUCK !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TheMatrick
    Participant
      @thematrick

First off let me say thank you so much to Terry, I know it has been said many times before but the guy is amazing.

i have a 3 screen cab. the dmd screen is a USB monitor and i want to use it like great Terry Red’s setup in his latest videos, so it looks like a newer Stern style dmd.

I assume Terry has created a video which has a neon frame in the middle in which the pup dmd window is placed?  But what is the window being used behind that dmd?

Do I have to edit the pinup menu pup pack?  I assume I do but thats where i get stuck.  Can anyone provide some help on how to achieve this amazing look.

TerryRed
        @terryred

I use Other 2 (screen 8 i think). I have that sized and positioned for the middle screen.

Then I have that screen in the PinupMenu pup-pack set to ForceBack.

In GlobalSettings / Display, you need Other2 set to Active and Update.

Then you use Media Manager to add media to that for Other 2 for your Home Playlist and all other playlists.

Then if you want that video to still play on the middle screen while you are playing a table, then in Emulator settings make sure you add 8 to Keep Displays On.

TheMatrick
        Participant
          @thematrick

Thank you for the reply Terry. I really do appreciate it

TheMatrick
          Participant
            @thematrick

Now I am a bit stuck on moving the text zones Terry, sorry.  I have located the text file and i can see the x and y co ordinates.

If i try and change say home screen ZONE 4 i can only position it on the playfield (default) – how do i move the text zones to a different screen?

Thank you in advance

TerryRed
              @terryred

What you are asking isn’t going to be a simple thing…

What I have on my setup is still a wip….as I’m not sure if I’ll keep everything as it is… It’s why it’s not an official theme yet.

You edit this section at the very bottom in PupMenuScriptThemes.txt

/////// THEME and LAYOUT SETTINGS - DO NOT MODIFY !!! /////////////////////////////////////
              // These settings are required for this Theme and Layout. They are not to be modfified! ///

if (ShowAllText==1) {(pGameInfo = 8);} // change pGameInfo to the screen you want to display text Zones on.
              else if (ShowAllText==0) {(pGameInfo = -1);} // (0=topper, 1=DMD, 2=BG, 3=playfield) -1 means OFF!

pGameDetails = 3 ; // screen that Game Details Text is Displayed On.
              SplashText_Font = "Digital-7 Italic"; // set the Splash Text font
              pSplashInfo = -1 ; // set this to 2 to show splash text on the Backglass screen. -1 means OFF!

pfallback_function_Text = 8 ; // set the Fallback Default Text Zone to display Popper functions on

Note, this still may not format things perfectly depending on your screen’s aspect ratio,etc.

Lots of trial and error.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?