Trying to run a table

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mogochagi
    Participant
      @mogochagi

Hello, I am totally new at this so please be patient with me. I have followed the guide for loading and updating VPX. Now when I try to run a table, it goes through and does it stuff, then a window pops up called Table Options Menu, and from there I can do nothing. I have to run task manager to shut down VPX. Can anyone help me resolve this? Thanks.

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Please provide more info:

• Did you install VPX via the “all in one installer” for VPX ver 10.6 ?  Doing so assures us that a lot of other little programs get installed as well
        • What are your PC specs?
        • Can you be specific on the table you are trying?
        • Can you provide a screenshot of the pop up “table options” you are talking about?
        Mogochagi
        Participant
          @mogochagi

I used the all in 1 installer yes. Attached are 3 screenshots of info you requested.

Attachments:
          Mogochagi
          Participant
            @mogochagi

sorry wont let me upload multiple pics

Attachments:
            Mogochagi
            Participant
              @mogochagi

table

Attachments:
              outhere
                @outhere

Go in to visual Pinball preferences, video – uncheck exclusive full screen
                VP 10.6 - setting 4K-TV - Copy - Copy

Mogochagi
                Participant
                  @mogochagi

ok i went in and checked it compared to your screenshot, everything was already setup according to the way you showed it to have.

Mogochagi
                  Participant
                    @mogochagi

ok i made some progress, i have attached picture again to show the field circled in red that i am talking about.

1. the field circled in red, how do i get my mouse pointer to show up in this field so i can click on things?
                    2. when i download a table, how do i know which rom i need for that table?
                    3. i blindly clicked on the field in red until i was able to hit ok and then it told me i was missing the rom for the table so i have that figured out but still need help with the above 2 questions, thank you.
                    Attachments:
                    Mogochagi
                    Participant
                      @mogochagi

ok another thing, i downloaded the rom and put it in the correct rom folder, but now i get this message, i tried putting the file in zipped and unzipped, help please

Attachments:
                      Mogochagi
                      Participant
                        @mogochagi

oh and i also get this as well even though the rom is in the roms folder

Attachments:
                        jogrady7
                        Participant
                          @jogrady7

Just to be sure you are using the correct file in the correct format in the correct location. Put this ROM in this Folder

TAFROM

Also when you get a menu popup over a VPX table, because some tables want you to initialize their settings, my trick is to put a finger from my right hand on the spot where the menu is, do an alt-tab (with my left hand) to hide the table and menu and let me see the mouse cursor, I move the mouse to where my finger is, do an alt-tab again to bring back the table and menu, then click down to activate the menu.  From there you can use tab and the arrow keys to select items and save the settings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?