Upgrade Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant
      @cameron

Have just built a new PC from scratch and have gone with a vanilla setup.

I did all the prerequisites and installed PuPSystem 1.3.0. I configured everything and things have never worked better.

I was wanting to record 4K video and I realized that there have been some new releases that will help make that happen better so I went to the Nailbuster wiki and read all about it.

At first I went to the bottom of the page to get the 1 2 3 4 update, but there is a problem with the .zip file. Regular windows unzip sees it as empty and using 7-zip, it finds that the ffdshow file has an error.

I decided to not go that route and just upgrade to each version,

1.3.1 went great. Everything tested out well

1.3.2 seemed to go well as well

1.3.3 Now I have problems… The setup application goes fine, but when I launch pup menu, it hangs for a bit and then I get an error:

PinUp Menu Player

Could not start DisplayDriver!!!

after hitting OK on that, I wait for about a minute and then another error comes up:

PinUp Menu Player

Wheelbar not FOUND!!!

Then I get an access violation error at 00854C8A in module ‘PinupMenu.exe’ Read of address 000000004

(I don’t always get the access violation error, but the first two happen every time)

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this??

I’m glad I backed up my 1.3.0 configuration… I’ll revert back to that and try it again. Maybe with a fresh reboot after each upgrade maybe….

Cameron
      Participant
        @cameron

OK as a last ditch effort, I rebooted the machine.

I then took all the files from the 1-2-3-4-all update and overwrote what was in there (except for the ffdshow.exe which seemed to have problems)

rebooted, and things seem to be working this time… I’m not sure what happened… I’m going to run it through a battery of tests to see if things are back to normal-ish.

TerryRed
          @terryred

Make sure the ONLY file you run as admin is pinupmenu,exe….nothing else! Or you will have problems.

NailBuster
            @nailbuster

“Could not start DisplayDriver”

that’s a simple one:  pinup could not run pinupdisplay.exe

2 reasons.  exe was blocked.  or exe was removed by anti-virus.

Cameron
            Participant
              @cameron

OK well things are working pretty well I think. Maybe there was something blocking or AV thing going on, but after I copied over that last stuff, it fixed itself. Good to know on pinupdisplay.exe, if it starts up again, I’ll look there first. Thanks!

Pretty sure nothing else is running as admin, was careful about that after going through the videos about 6 times hahahaha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?