Vpinball status as of 3-27-21

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr

Vpinball app still turned off.

Moved to Different CDN with 400mb upload limit so will see if they can stop the Brute force/ddos attacks with their firewalls better then cloadflare. only way to know is test it.

Lots of site features are still turned off for now to monitor loads

If loads start spiking i will need to turn it off again but will let it run longer this time to test more so you might see site very slow to respond if loads go up

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by randr.

for IOS and Android

Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      batch
      Participant
        @batch

Thanks for the time spent

It works fine for me now, I mean, no delay

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by batch.
        2 users thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr

@batch loads take a while to build. Plus lots of features are off so time will tell. thanks for the report

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          BrandonLaw
          Participant
            @brandonlaw

Everything I click is incredibly snappy.  Hope it stays this way.  Thanks for being diligent and I promise we all understand if a pause is needed!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation

@randr, you know the core group of us really care about the time and effort you put in around here.  Unfortunately there are a bunch of others that don’t and a few dirtbags that can never be weeded out.  It’s kinda like life, the 1 percent take care of and work to support the 99 percent of dirtbags…….unfortunately in life, the 99 percent figured out how to vote…

DeathInc
              Participant
                @deathincclan

Thanks for the work Randr.  We appreciate the time spent.  If I can help in any way please don’t hesitate to ask.  I don’t know what I can help with but I figured I’d offer.

sebcemoi
                Participant
                  @sebcemoi

Everything now seems to load perfectly and really responsively.
                  Thank you @Randr for all you do for the vpin community. :good: :good: :good:

andersonleite
                  Participant
                    @andersonleite

Hey randr, thanks for the effort in bring up vpinball up (and stable) again.

If you need some assistance to (try to) setup a WAF or something like that to inspect the requests (and this can work together with the firewalls/filters of the upstream provider), let me know :)

ridlar
                    Participant
                      @ridlar

Thanks for the time & effort…really appreciate all your work.  Know it’s early, but so far everything I click is quick & smooth.

Thanks again for everything you do!

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Thank you very much Randr for all the time, work and patience you spend to provide the best place for Virtual Pinball.
                        It is very much appreciated by the many good people here.
                        Of course also thanks to the admins.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr

Still working with firewall rules and other things. loads are very high again but leaving site up so i can monitor.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

bord
                            @bord

Hate to imagine the headaches this has given you. Keeping this site running for years with no throttling, no paid subscriptions, and no personal monetizing makes this site a real beacon for some very passionate, very talented people. I don’t have a good way to say thanks properly, but know how much you and this site are appreciated.

Thank you.

Adrian

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr

@bord you sir are one of the main reasons this site will always be running. Your contributions to this hobby deserve preservation. Even if i decide to shut site down i will make it “archived” for Bord content alone!

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

You figure someone is trying to bring you down or just bad luck of the ddos crazies?

Mark70
                                Participant
                                  @mark70

I just received a test push notification on android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr

@allknowing2012 Cant say for sure brute force attacks and ddos attacks hitting site non stop. Security was working but just overloading everything stopping the attacks and crashing server.

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr

@mark70 so android works. thats good thank you

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

jino0372
                                      Participant
                                        @jino0372

Hi Randr,

I got a mobile notification and was asked to let you know.  My device is an Android device.  FYI…the app is working great.  Very responsive.

Also…thank you for everything!  If there is anything I can help you with…let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

handyturnips
                                        Participant
                                          @handyturnips

Just received vpinball app push notification on Android.  thx

daveytron
                                          Participant
                                            @daveytron

I just received a push notification on my android phone

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?