Who Dunnit? (Bally) Animated Topper Videos (Color and BW)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    HiRez00
    Participant
      @hirez00

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=222880

Who Dunnit? (Bally) Animated Topper Videos (Color and BW)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAY ‘THANKS’ THE FIRST POST IN THE SUPPORT TOPIC BY CLICKING ON THE ‘THANKS’ BUTTON. THIS IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!

New animated topper videos for Who Dunnit? (Bally) at 1280 x 390 px.

Includes standard color version and new black & white (noir) version for Bord’s new 1947 version of the table.

Portions of the graphics came from ‘vcmirko’s’ excellent vector versions uploaded here to this site not too long ago. So thanks should be given to: vcmirko as well.

Topper videos can either be used as a topper (it’s original designed purpose), or part of a virtual DMD for your front end if you are using an LCD for your DMD – also referred to ‘over’ or ‘unders’.

Videos have been encoded in MP4 codec format and fully tested.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – –

This project took considerable time … so “thanks” or comments in the support topic would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE: I create these toppers, videos, backglass, tables and support files for fun and for the dedicated VPX pinball users on this and other forum. I DID NOT create this for you to download as SELL, MAKE MONEY OR PROFIT ON … You have been warned!

DO NOT include any of these files with other downloads or projects without asking permission first.

All Logos, Characters, Copyrights and Trademarks property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE OR DISTRIBUTION. PLEASE DO NOT RE-DISTRIBUTE.

Total of 31 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      HiRez00
      Participant
        @hirez00

Why rejected?

bord
          @bord

Site has been auto-rejecting a bit lately, I noticed. Submit again or pm thalamus.

fiftythreefly
          Participant
            @fiftythreefly

thanks for your hard work!

thrillseeker
            Participant
              @thrillseeker

thanx a million for the efforts….these kinda things make our pinball cabs shine!!! :bye:

dondi
              Participant
                @dondi

Thanks @HiRez00

rockclimber
                Participant
                  @rockclimber

Lovely finishing touch to a great table, thanks.

vcmirko
                  Participant
                    @vcmirko

Thanks for the credits :)

vcmirko
                    Participant
                      @vcmirko

question from my end : I’m new pinballs in general.  What is a topper video ?

HiRez00
                      Participant
                        @hirez00

@vcmirko

Toppers started as decorative items (signs, figures, etc) that sat above the back box / back glass on real pinball cabs.

In the digital pinball world, these were replaced by actual “screens” that sat on top of the cabs back box / back glass that could display images or videos that compliment the table that is loaded.

But not everyone that has a cab has an extra screen like this, BUT, if you are using a LCD screen for your dmd instead of a real dmd, there is that option  DMDs generally use 1/2 of a 16×9 lcd screen – unless you have it stretched to fit the entire screen. But since you only need 1/2 the screen for the dmd image, you can set the dmd to use the upper half or lower half of the screen and the this gives space for you to run the topper video either above or below the dmd so you get a nice full image on the screen.

so to answer your question, topper videos / images are just additional decorations for your favorite pinball tables in your cab.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        vcmirko
                        Participant
                          @vcmirko

Hmmm.  And how should i see such a digital pinball machine?  I have an original who dunnit.  
                          do you mean pinball machines with a new type of motherboard and display?

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

Hmmm. And how should i see such a digital pinball machine? I have an original who dunnit.

do you mean pinball machines with a new type of motherboard and display?

you see all the objects on top of  each machine.

Some people want something similar for their Virtual cabs.

this objects need to change for each  virtual machine loaded

only way to accomplish this is to use a  monitor and create media for it.

You would need to buy an actual object  for your actual machine similar to this

https://mezelmods.com/products/who-dunnit-pinball-topper

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

vcmirko
                            Participant
                              @vcmirko

Okay.  So this website/forum is in fact meant for people who modify their pinball machine or for new digital pinball versions?   I honestly just joined to post my vector graphics.  So they could be shared and people could find them for free.  A lot of people try to make money out of this.  It was nice to see a few people downloaded them and said thanks.  I assume, with my classic whodunnit and oldfashion orange dmd i am somewhat an outsider here?  I am hoever looking for replacement parts.  My rubber rings are about to break and my ramps have cracks.  I also would like to clean the playfield.  My next project is to create a vector copy of the flyers.  But i am looking for an hq image of the playfield.  My machine is on my attic.  I took it apart and bearly managed to move the heavy empty cage.  Where it stands now it is difficult to take decent pictures.

slashbot
                              Participant
                                @slashbot

Thnx a lot for all the work and effort you put into these realy good topper video’s.

Realy appreciated

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?