Button mappings VP9, VPX, Pinball X

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

It seems now Pinball X forces (ie changes) the buttons you use in VP to its setting.

This was not a problem on older versions, but now the ‘page let’ and ‘page right’ buttons (that I set to Left and right control) now set the nudge off when I am playing a table.

A pain in the backside when you are playing ‘The Shadow’.

You go back and launch the VPX or VP9 exe and its changed.  Basically two buttons do the same thing.

On older Pinball X versions, it used to list the buttons without motioning nudge.  But I used to use the ‘other two buttons’ to jump forward and back a letter.  Which it can still do but causes the nudge issue.

The problem still exists if I use a joystick encoder.  For now I have left the ‘page’ buttons blank in my settings in Pinball X but it is a setting I will miss.

Any work arounds?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

I’ve not seen this problem with my setup. Hope someone can give some advice. It I sure would think you could change any key config to be anything to avoid conflicts. Vp10 and depending on physmod. Erosion you run all have separate registry so shouldn’t be a issue

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

DJRobX
          @djrobx

It seems now Pinball X forces (ie changes) the buttons you use in VP to its setting.. Any work arounds?

Yes.  Turn off “Auto Configure” in PinballX settings for Visual Pinball.

It’s a good feature when setting up the cab initially but once you need more control, the setting’s there.

Looking at it more closely, I think you’ve identified a good bug to report.   Secondary buttons on the cab should canonically be used for magna-saves, not nudging…

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Phil Docker
          Participant
            @dock

Thank you DJRobX.

Appreciate it – was doing my nut in ! :good:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?