DOFLinx Guide by TerryRed

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation

got everything FP and FX3 related, thanks for all your guys hard work for my enjoyment!

Wanna make sure i understand dof and doflinx, FP doflinx tables use doflinx..ultimate tables do not, but why are they listed in the config tool?

I also am trying to test the portion of my doflinx ini for all my solenoids.  Strangly, all my ledwiz assignments were 2xx numbers even though its the first board listed in dof.  it was like that last time i set it up.  my MX is the second board and my sainsmart is the third board.  not sure what assignment to give fans, gear, knocker, 3xx or 4xx, but i was looking at the tables and nothing is assigned for anything in FP and FX3 for anything less the mx and undercab.  I tried to use fx3 jaws as an example and put “ON” in the fan and i think it should have just turned on when the table launched but it never did.  Is there a way to test the doflinx.ini file?

TerryRed
        @terryred

DOFLinx “DOF” does not use DOF Config Tool at all. The DOF hardware / ports is completely configured in the DOFLinx.ini and the triggered DOF actions / effects / duration etc are all in the table script. So adding anything to a table config in DOF Config Tool will have no effect.

The only exception are MX Leds which require DOf Config Tool to work with DOFLinx. That’s why the table that have fill DOf and MX leds support for doflinx, only show MX Leds in their config on DOF Config Tool.

The reason why there are many empty configs for FP tables on DOf Config Tool is because I added them long ago so if anyone wanted to add support, they don’t need to hassle randr or Arngrim to add the tables in each time.

PinEvent works like VPX in that it accesses DOF directly (no doflinx), so it uses DOF config tool for its all DOF / MX leds,etc. The PinEvent tables have their own separate config because I didnt want anyone else frankly messing with my configs and screwing up shit. The other table configs are there for them to use for their own tables,etc.

Not to confuse even more… but anyone can use the example txt files I included in the Baller Installer that shows how anyone can add DOF or pup support to any FP table without needing DOFLinx or PinEvent (it uses same basic code I use for PinEvent, but not all of its features).

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation

hmm..

so when i play fx3 and doflinx FP tables, my undercabs are working, so that proves the doflinx.ini is working for atleast those, right?  unfortunately i am getting noting from my solenoid board.  any suggestions on how to test those or a good table that uses lots of beacons, shaker, gear, fan, knocker

TerryRed
            @terryred

Any FP tables I updated for DOFLinx will use all the main dof toys and lighting. Avatar, Tron Legacy, etc.

If a FP table is NOT updated for DOFLinx support… then DOFLinx falls back to whatever your DOFLinx.ini is setup for in terms of undercab lighting, and key_to_output or flippers settings,etc…. if you have any of that setup in the ini.

This is why you dont want doflinx running/activated with pinevent tables because you will get both activating dof at the same time and its a mess.

Not all tables updated for DOFLinx are complete and proper configs…. so they may not have much for normal DOf toy support…etc. Depends on who did the mod.

outhere
              @outhere

hmm..
              so when i play fx3 and doflinx FP tables, my undercabs are working, so that proves the doflinx.ini is working for atleast those, right? unfortunately i am getting noting from my solenoid board. any suggestions on how to test those or a good table that uses lots of beacons, shaker, gear, fan, knocker

To check to make sure you have your DOFLinx.INI set correctly with the right Hardware and port number
              Put this DEBUG=2 in your DOFLinx.INI file restart DOFLinx
              A window will open Right click that And Click on test devices then You can test which hardware and port for each item
              When done set this to DEBUG=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Tom
              outhere
                @outhere

hmm..

so when i play fx3 and doflinx FP tables, my undercabs are working, so that proves the doflinx.ini is working for atleast those, right? unfortunately i am getting noting from my solenoid board. any suggestions on how to test those or a good table that uses lots of beacons, shaker, gear, fan, knocker

To check to make sure you have your DOFLinx.INI set correctly with the right Hardware and port number
                Put this DEBUG=2 in your DOFLinx.INI file restart DOFLinx
                A window will open Right click that And Click on test devices then You can test which hardware and port for each item
                When done set this to DEBUG=0

@armyaviation

Sorry Tom Use DEBUG=1

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Tom
                Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation

That worked, tested perfect.  Can you recommend a table that is doflinx intense for shaker, gear, strobe, fan etc

fisregard, played avatar and they all kicked on.  Thanks guys.  Now back to future dmd not working….

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Tom.
                  outhere
                    @outhere

That worked, tested perfect. Can you recommend a table that is doflinx intense for shaker, gear, strobe, fan etc
                    fisregard, played avatar and they all kicked on. Thanks guys. Now back to future dmd not working….

Try one of the – Masters of the Universe: Mastered. DOFLinx
                    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-doflinx-tables/?CMDsearch=DOFLinx&fbclid=IwAR3Gx0nl31TfyY8PrZN_AZNGES1uD5lbGPSqIUQ4mP2cJwTCR1DDpMWAb5Y

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?