*** Escape from the Lost World DONE***

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr

@armyaviation you have come a long way buddy! this is going to be a great build!

Perhaps the best from you yet!

Thanks to everyone involved but Tom you have really put out some tables and each one better then the next! awesome to see!!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Tom
      JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

…just wish Tom could, well..you know…work a little faster?  Sometimes we have to wait days, even weeks for a table to be finished!  Trying to be funny of course.  In my short time hanging out here, it has been very interesting watching the determination @armyaviation  has for not just building tables, but learning and getting better.  Thanks Tom!…and of course the cohorts like Mlager you’ve hooked up with and all the Pinsider’s you’ve tracked down!  Very cool!!  Looking forward to this next creation.

Tom
        Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation

Thanks @randr and @jfr1.  It’s been fun too. I wish we could get this done for Christmas but don’t want to sacrifice quality. I will say that I have a class date for my new job at Allegiant Airlines January 21st.  I am hoping to get it done by then.  I will have another table done hopefully by Christmas, Stellar airship.

I definately could not have done it without @mlager8.  He has been a great guy to work with, I just wish he would work a little less at his real job.  I am trying to convince him to leave busy NYC and move down to the panhandle of Florida and enjoy the beach!

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

… you’re working on ‘Geiger’s’ Stellar Airship?  if so  Where the flip did you find resources for that?  and…yeah..you really can’t keep secrets.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation

I posted something about it.  I got the pf from Tab and David is touching up the plastics.

Sir Cheddar
              Participant
                @sircheddar

I still owe Tom a few files I’ve promised him over at vpforums, I think it’s best if we continue that conversation here. So about those files…
                It’s a wee bit more data then I first assumed, my pal says it’s around 2 TB.
                I think most of it will be two vids, which probably are recorded at the highest resolution his camera has. I think I can shrink them down significantly, on one we went thru the test menu and recorded the position of every light, the other shows the ball path from the collect treasure gate to the drain. Both might be useful.
                The rest are pictures of the 3d-plastics from various angles, and various shots of the playfield and playfield features. Those are jpeg, 5-8MB each.

So the plan is, I’ll drive over to my pal tomorrow and bring him a hard disk for all that stuff. We probably won’t get half of it copied in time so I’ll drive over to him again the following days.
                Then I’ll take a look at everything, and we need to find a way to get that package over to you guys…

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation

That would be great.  I think we can do without the videos.  David has the table and I can get stuff like that from him on demand.  Thanks

WED21
                  Participant
                    @wed21

I used to own this pin myself and it was a super fun and sometimes challenging table. Build is looking good so far and I can’t wait to see the final product! Keep up the good work!!

jipeji16
                    Participant
                      @jipeji16

Good work on progress !!! ;) ;)

jpj

Mlager8
                      Participant
                        @mlager8

Just wanted to post a small update. reworked the apron and back ramp a bit, also cut holes and added instruction cards as geometry. Modeled out the volcano and gold cross-member bar, as well as reworking all the textures. Still not done with these models but getting closer. After this there’s really only 1 ramp left as far as major molded models.

Here’s a couple of screenshots:

ELW_Update_v1

ELW_Update_v2

Tom
                        bord
                          @bord

Wow. Lovely stuff, man.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation

Looking great Matt, I will get it in tonight.  I have been slacking a bit but I will get back on track.

g5k
                            Participant
                              @g5k

Awesome way of using photogrammetry, looks like its going to be a great build.

Tom
                              Mlager8
                              Participant
                                @mlager8

Thanks guys, it’s been a ton of hours put in so far but I think in the end it’s going to be all worth it.

Tom
                                Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation

Nah, we’re going for mediocre on this one, I’ll be done with the table in like 15 mins

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation

Escape from the Lost world (Bally 1988)

I don’t know why all my screenshots are so dark.  They look good in PinballY.  I have a lot of stuff going in or on the table.  I still have a lot of adjustment to do.  The ramps are lining up really well.  The upper PF image needs done.  I started on the kicker plastics, they look pretty nice.  I am using the same technique as I did in Raven with the clear plastics with images.  Lots to do..

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation

Had to do a complete overhaul on the table today to change dimensions for the ball to travel behind the volcano.  Upper PF is mostly done, which was the hardest since we didn’t have one a month ago.  flippers, plastics, VUK, starting to go in.  The center bridge, right ramp and apron are all placed properly.  Its creepy how well things are falling into place on this one.  Tomorrow, gonna knock out the underneath ramps and subways, holes in the upper PF , etc.

Do we know if we have good flasher domes with the two ears on them.  These have the round flange.  Table looks pretty damn good so far, I think

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation

TARGETS

BETTER PICS

Tom Harmon
                                        Participant
                                          @tharm

This is an unusual one-had one of these and it was pretty fun-its looking great!

Shannon
                                          Participant
                                            @shannon1

I am super excited about this table. Great work so far guys!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 100 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?