Gottlieb/Premier Wipeout Playfield Redraw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    edizzle
    Participant
      @edizzle

I’m too lazy to rewrite what I wrote on the other VP forum, so I’ll just cut and paste!  Trying to spread the word so this can go from resource to WIP!

_____
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”>Hello all.  Been away from it for a while.  I got the itch to try my hand at building in VP10.  I wanted to try to build a table that hasn’t been redone in a while and Akiles provided a lot of good images for Gottlieb/Premier’s Wipeout, which I always wanted to build.  Unfortunately the only straight on, blank playfield image was of pretty low quality.  I really didn’t want to start a redraw, but I ended up starting it, and many many MANY hours later, I think I’m calling it good enough.  It is by no means perfect, but I think it’s close enough.  Some things I had to estimate but for the most part I tried to stay as true as I could to the original.  I used photoshop’s Pen tool, which to my understanding vectorizes the strokes, but I could be wrong.  I know that photoshop isn’t really a vector-centric suite, but it’s all I have so I decided to try it.  If anyone is interested in cleaning it up, I can provide the psd file.</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”></p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”>My intention was to try and build the table as well, but I’m quite burnt out after the redraw.  Additionally, I was working on some basic stuff on another table in VP10, and it’s just too frustrating/difficult on my under-powered laptop, so I am hoping that this playfield will encourage one or some of the great builders here to take on Wipeout!  Or, perhaps a newcomer interested in building, because a good playfield is half the battle, right?  Hehe, truth be told, I was a little intimidated by the ski lift and slalom on this table anyways…wasn’t quite sure how to script those.  Ok, anyways, here are some quick pics.</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”></p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”>Original:</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”>WIP:</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”>Calling it good enough:</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;”>And yes, sadly after I thought I quadruple checked everything, I now see I missed a “5” on one of the top inserts.</p>

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Well now that looks very nice! Very nice! :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Awesome. Seems like by this time Gottlieb/Premier was really hitting their stride with their pinball machines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?