Hobbies other than pinball

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ICPjuggla
      @icpjuggla
      MembervipModerator

So do any of you have any other hobbies other than pinball. Mine goes way back, I’ve been keeping fish and I’ve had a fish tank since I was maybe 7. I’m now 35 and I’m still into it as much as I was back in the day..

My current all live freshwater tank..

Attachments:
      freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Nice, fish tanks are fascinating but too much up keep for me. I like cats, I put food and water out for them and they just chill…

I’m a car guy first. I just picked up a new one (new to me) 3 weeks ago and have been spending a lot of time on that. It’s my 5th or 6th one of these (Nissan 240sx) and they’ve been pretty much the only cars I’ve owned “consistently” – I’m 29 but I’ve had a lot of damn cars come and go, I keep coming back to the 240sx. It’s always a Nissan or an Infiniti in my driveway though.
        I picked this one up, it’s the cleanest one I’ve owned but it had a lot of problems, so it’s kept me busy in my free time lately. It had a bunch of shady electrical work done, stupid add ons, like carbon fiber decals, gauges, etc… I’ve been pretty much returning it to stock so I can do my own things to it. Here’s how it looked when I bought it

and after I got a rear window (that was a fucking adventure) and removed the dangerous broken coilovers the previous owned installed, and painted the wheels… how it looks now

I might hang onto this one for a while. Lots of plans.

Punch it!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I do EVERYTHING! even fish! well saltwater reef and some fish but main goal is coral growing.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Attachments:
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

more

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
            ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

fren, I was into cars big time back in the day until I got my job I have now. We get a free company car and gas card! You can’t complain much about a free car and gas.. My old ride was a grand am GT tricked out, I’ll see if I can dig up a picture. Lol :-) It was black with red badges. Hot as hell My buddy’s and chicks called it the Brandon mobile.Lol

randr, I did a saltwater reef for about 6 years back in the day, way too much work though. When I moved out of my parents house maybe 14 years ago I went back to freshwater and haven’t looked back since. I do the full live tank fish and plants. It’s hella fun and about 1/2 the work it takes to keep your reef alive.. :-) fun stuff guys keep em coming.. :-)

ICPjuggla
                @icpjuggla
                MembervipModerator

randr how big is that tank? 75gal? Looks great.. :-) my reef was a 55gal. The tank or tanks I have now are a 75 and 40 tall. Both fresh as I stated in my last post.. :-)

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

Fren the ride looks killer so far. I like cats too we have 3. lol funny story after we got the 3rd cat and 5 or 6 bronchitis infections later I realized, I’m allergic to them. Growing up my parents always had a dog but a hyper allergenic dog. So I didn’t know I was allergic.. lol long story short we still have the 3 cats and I take drugs every day to live! lol :-)

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Reef is 220 gallon with 120 gallon sump plumbed below in basement with huge chiller, calcium reactor skimmer ect..

for IOS and Android

Alex
                    Participant
                      @17al3x17

Nice car Freneticamnesic :D

I Have me too a S13 ( 200sx for europe ) wiih a 4 cylinders 1.8L Turbo ( with a little upgrade ) and is so fun ^^

I have other Hobbies, I also skydiving and ride a race bike but it’s impossible to make all.
                      So I have priviliged Skydiving :D

There is my S13 :

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

Nice! My first one was a fastback, dual cam 2.4. US didn’t get any of the 1.8 or 2.0 turbo engines like the rest of the world did so it’s an expensive swap here. Lots of people do it though. I like the 2.4 just fine, lots of torque, but maybe a turbo would be nice :) but I am leaning more toward ITBs…
                        Yours is very clean. I never had one older than 91 but I like the front end. My goal is to get a two-tone coupe, some day, if I can find one that’s clean. They’re getting harder and harder to find unfortunately. My last car was a G35 coupe, sold it cause I didn’t need a car but turned out I *need* a car, just not for practical reasons

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

I’ve been busy with my car

Punch it!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Need front before and after side by side pictures please. Looks good! You have been busy

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Tom Tower
                            Spectator
                              @tomtower
                              vip

home cinema :)

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Nice Cars and Fishes here ;) … also Toms Cinema, you should use them as Playfield ;)

Because i have really much other Hobbies (sometimes too much), i show you just some Pics of that,
                                they are: Running any Marathon and Triathlon, Swim and Bike, Climbing, Football and Karate in Sports,
                                and just other Hardware and Games from Commodore 64 to a big Nintendo Game and Watch – Collection,
                                many Game – Consoles … i need a “second” Life for all this Things ;)

bodydump
                                Participant
                                  @bodydump

Where are you climbing in that pic, Stat? What’s up with the metal rods? Is that a via ferrata? We don’t have those in the states. I’ve been climbing for 28 years now. It’s definitely my main hobby, about 3 days a week. I also just started playing hockey. Kind of a hard sport to start in your 40’s.

Attachments:
                                  STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Boah, in your Pic, the Man are you ?
                                    No this is not my Level ;) … my Pic is just from “Ebenseer Hochkogel” (D),
                                    and is a “rope lined trail” (German: Klettersteig), as you said: via ferrata, yes,
                                    and its a Little Mountain in Austria.
                                    But also i did a bit harders, last years, some of my Pics on http://www.tvn-thalheim.at,
                                    Climbing at 4+, Indoor 6+, all my Sports in my Youth (also Pinball ;)) and later since 2005 …

bodydump
                                    Participant
                                      @bodydump

Yea, that’s me in the pic. That’s Owens River Gorge about 10 miles from my house. Yea it’s a bummer that we don’t have klettersteig in the states. Looks fun and makes the sport a little more accessible to more people. I went climbing in Austria a handful of years ago, over in the Zillertal. Lots of shorter, hard climbs and unfortunately, lots of rain when I was there. If it weren’t for climbing I would probably sit in front of the computer all day and get fat.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?