I've Killed My Machine…. Charge the Paddles STAT!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

My perfectly working PinCab running Windoze10 has chucked the biggest wobbly!

I was simply adjust the volume within a game when it spat the dummy.

Now it refuses to open some tables in VPX BETA, some open after a minute+ wait.

Even if I go to the .exe in the Windoze Browser and right click it to see the properties, I get the “not responding” message. Yet I can click& run v10.0 just fine.

WTF???

I have downloaded and reloaded every version of VPX BETA, over writing all files each time (inc scripts etc,) but the problem persists.

I don’t think it’s a VPX problem as such, more a Windoze 10 issue… some weird permission issue perhaps? …or could it be a corrupt registry entry?? (I’m reluctant to fiddle in the reg, as I would hate to setup all my DMD positioning again… it’s held in there somewhere isn’t it?)

Anyway, if any of you gurus have a guess as to what is going on, I am all ears.

Cheers, Rusty

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Well download the beta you had that worked over write scripts/dlls it should be ok. I have not used the newest build yet so cant say

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
          @icpjuggla
          MembervipModerator

Windows 7 the latest beta seems fine. At least on my PC

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

I’m convinced this is a Windows issue.  Win10 has been problem free for months, so I guess it was only a matter of time for old code to surface and nuke the thing. (not hard to tell I’m a “Mac Guy” lol)

I currently doing a clean install. Will see how that goes. Often it’s the quicker path than trying to nut out a singular issue.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Man, dont use STAT in your Header, first i really was shocked … lol

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Man, dont use STAT in your Header, i realky was shocked first … lol

LMAO!!!!!!! :-)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

Sorry STAT lol :)

OK so I didn’t go as far as the do a full clean install of windows, but I did do a full clean install of VP into a new location.

SAME PROBLEM :(  ….BUT, once I deleted the original install it came good.

What does this tell me?  I have no idea what so ever! lol

At least it’s back working and last night’s postponed ‘Friday Night Pinball with Beer and Pizza’ night shall be re-run tonight. :good:

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

Yay! All 100% working again. What a PITA!

All backing up to my Google Drive now. Fingers crossed nothing like this will happen again, but if it does, I hope the fix is just simply copying the folder back from Google Drive.

That said, I still think Windoze corrupted a file outside of the VPX setup somewhere… possibly in the registry, perhaps out past Pluto… perhaps even in the 5th Dimension? I would never underestimate how far and wide Windoze can bugga something up!  :wacko:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?