Please help me with vanishing Full dmd>…………>&^%$#$%^&*

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred

This should give you an idea…

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4770-vs-AMD-A10-7850K-APU-2014-DKa/1978vs2937

If you can save some $ and get an equivalent i5 cpu… then that would be fine.

Spending extra for an i7 over the equivalent i5 is a waste of money… as the extra features of an i7 will do nothing for PC Gaming.. and even less for Virtual Pinball.

That said… if getting the i7 of choice doesnt cost you more… then that is fine too.

If you are running 4K content… then as far as front-end media, and pup based tables,etc… it should get you by ok. My test PC is an i5 4670K, and it runs Popper ok in 4K. My cabinet uses an i5 9600K, and I was surprised at the difference that newer CPU made for almost everything.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation

@terryred, respectfully, the only reason I have a leg to stand on in this hobby is because I listen to you guys reallly well.  I am a functional alcoholic at computers when it comes to this kinda stuff.  To me it looks like I should stay with the one in my cab already, the I7-4770.  I am gonna try some stuff then do a full wipe if that doesn’t work

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation

@brandonlaw hooked me up.  Display driver uninstaller wiped everything clean and the displays all come up as usual now.  Thanks bro.  Testing dmd videos and fingers crossed they are working……..

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation

:wacko: F**k my life…. it played 6 tables in a row and dmd video never disappeared and then 2 in a row they disappeared…….@nailbuster, got any clues???

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation

@nailbuster, desperate, did a fresh install of pinup and popper.  Still not working.  I am using 1 card for all 3 screens.

I am gonna play some more tomorrow, getting too frustrated tonight.  I saved all files from my old popper stuff.  What all can I use to save some setup on the new stuff.

BrandonLaw
              Participant
                @brandonlaw

Man that stinks it’s fighting ya.  So something that’s particular to many machines and potentially something to look at if it hasn’t been mentioned are you display orders in Windows.  I don’t use a ‘screen’ for my LCD as I have a true DMD panel, but my contextual cards were jacked/intermittent for sometime after a fresh windows install and I could not figure out why.  Flipped around my screens in windows and BAM…hadn’t had a problem since.  May be worth a double check.

Also, if you don’t remember I fall asleep early and get up early (it’s 4am.)  Sorry I missed your call!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by BrandonLaw.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation

Ah sorry bro.  Was so happy that the video card was working wanted to call and thank you.  Hopefully more people that have the problem speak up and we can figure this out

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Simply put…. PuP and Popper worked before you made a change to your system. So the problem is not PuP and Popper… but something else in Windows / drivers / hardware configuration,etc.

Software doesn’t just start changing it’s behavior on its own. Something else is the problem. Changing to another video card can most certainly cause problems as Window gets finnicky. Do you have any overclocking / extra software running like MSI Afterburner as those are known to cause problems.

I had very similar problems with PBX years ago and MSI Afterburner was the culprit.

I also had odd issues after adding another video card, or enabling onboard gpu (best to disable it in bios and remove its software).

The one thing that I think Brandon was getting at is finding the “correct” ports to connect your monitor to. There is a “primary” port on all video cards and there is no standard to which is. You want to have your playfield (the primary display) connected to this port. The problem is each time cables are swapped to different ports…. then Windows can get confused with monitor IDs as well. Simply put… it’s tricky to find the right combo for where to connect your monitors / tv sometimes.

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation

@terryred, the secondary problem is that my 1080 won’t recognize the DisplayPort unless I go into windows displays and hit detect numerous times.  Brandon had me run display driver uninstall and last night it worked.  All 3 screens came up at the same time.  My 1080 had 3 DP, 1 hdmi and 1 dvi.  I restarted multiple times last night and all was good.  This morning it’s back to not recognizing DP on my gtx1080.  The problem was, last night when it was working, the full dmd underlay still stopped with all screens running on 1 card.  This morning I went back to running dmd on the onboard graphics card and with no media in popper except full dmd underlay they stayed on.  I agree that this all happened when I changed cards but what’s the fix.  I don’t use any other graphics programs

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation

@terryred @nailbuster I think I found the problem.  I added back playfield and BG videos and had no problem.  Then I added a BG . Png and the dmd failed.  If the table had a png image for the PF or BG the dmd stops running.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Yes… the unwritten rule I established at the very beginning of PuP and Popper… only use videos (no images jpg, png), and make sure all videos are the exact same resolution / format / codec / fps,etc.

Its part of the reason I created my batch files to removes any problems and to ensure all media is the same.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/terryreds-ffmpeg-video-converter-scripts/

Many people drag and drop media without a second thought. Its important to remove any unused media (any jpgs / pngs), and I recommend only using videos…and to convert them all to the same format / resolution using a script from above. It ensures the vlc window never changes  / blinks and this reduces not only problems… but ensures much better performance.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by TerryRed.
                          1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Tom
                          Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation

so it has been days since i had any issues with the dmd disappearing.  I am using the same setup, dmd on onboard graphics, i did reload popper.  I did add back in all bg videos and images.  In the playfield folder i only had table videos for popper media.  tonight i added back in the table images and the first table, the dmd disappeared.  why would it only not like table images???  wierd, guess i have about 600 videos to record…

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?