Please help me with vanishing Full dmd>…………>&^%$#$%^&*

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

I wouldn’t waste time and reinstall, i doubt that would help anything….You’ve already found what the issue is in your setup.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

@nailbuster, very frustrating because it worked with my gtx970 so why not the 1080? Mystery…

talked to @mlager8 today and he runs his dmd on his onboard card and has videos play too.  Hopefully I will here good news about my card from the shop and I can run all screens on 1

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

@nailbuster  today I got my card back and they said it was working.  I have 2 issues though

1.  Windows is not auto detecting the DisplayPort monitor.  If I go to display settings in windows there are only 2.  When I hit detect it says didn’t detect any other screens.  If I hit it a second time it pops the 3rd screen up.  If I restart my computer it does the same thing.
          2. I tried popper while I had all 3 screens working on the same card…..same problem, the dmd disappeared.  It can’t be that.  I am going to wipe out popper and save the media folder.  What else can I save to help reconfigure.
          NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

you’re confusing yourself with two different things.   DMD disappeared is not the same problem you talked about at first.  It probably disappeared because you don’t have KEEPON set for that game.

Your initial problem was the dmd was ‘frozen’… thats a graphics/gpu thing.

LynnInDenver
            Participant
              @lynnindenver

…have you tried actually uninstalling ALL the drivers for the video card via the Device Manager and reinstalling them? I’m wondering if there’s a holdover from the 970 configuration that’s interfering with the 1080 configuration/driver installation, making it unable to reliably address the Display Port.

It could be the cards may well be different enough that it matters and Windows itself may not be recognizing that it does – Windows 10 is REALLY REALLY SUPER BAD at maintaining the nVidia driver for the user during the regular software updating process (one of my personal processes for updating Windows is to download nVidia’s own update and apply it after a major Windows Update, because Windows Update can and will bork my ability to render via iRay), and it wouldn’t surprise me if it also works in reverse – “oh, it’s just another nVidia card, I don’t need to update this software to match” and then getting confused because the particular port is actually addressed differently. Yes, the DisplayPort implementations are a little different for each (1.4a on the 970, 1.42 on the 1080, nVidia makes this really hard to find out, especially for an older card they’d prefer we all retire, so I’m not sure I have the correct information), and it could be that the added features available on the 1080 are causing the driver to fail to read the port.

Note that the feature changes in the 1080 could also mean that your cable is actually not usable with the card and the screen. Yes, it should gracefully fall to the lower standard the cable supports and still work, but I’ve never considered that a guarantee.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

@nailbuster, the initial problem was that the full dmd video underlay plays in popper and when I launch a table, it sometimes stays on and sometimes stops playing and disappears after it plays one loop.  The only thing left on my screen is freezys.  I have gone over all settings many times.  see attached pics

@lynnindenver
                I went through and uninstalled nvidea and all drivers completely.  I reinstalled the latest drivers.  The computer repair shop said it worked for them.  I can only imagine it’s either a setting in my bios or something residual like you said.  I remember when I first started I had to change something in my bios to get my original card and the onboard to work together.  I can’t see how that is the problem though but who knows.  I have seen a lot of chatter about DisplayPort being a problem.  The issue I am having with the dmd isn’t related to using 2 cards though I don’t think. Matt lager uses 2, I use to use 2 with my 970.  Windows update, who the hell knows….. I am about to take the Internet off this thing completely but I love using the big screens to build tables

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

there’s no need to worry about popper config/settings if your testing all works when vpx is running  non-full screen exclusive….

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

@nailbuster, I will try it again, could have been a fluke that they all stayed on.  Sometimes a table works fine and the video stays on and other times it never stays on.  Literally the only thing I changed was the video card and windows update.  My settings look right though?

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

your settings look fine.  You’re not the first person to run into this issue.  The solution for others was hardware/gpu/OS settings based.

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

Did they post the issues here or on your site @nailbuster

i would still be interested in a fresh install.  Is your baller install out yet

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
                        NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

baller is ready, you can pm me for the info…but best to use on a fresh win10 install.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

@nailbuster, does that include vpx also?

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

The graphics card is still jacked up.  I have deleted everything nvidea and Reese downloaded new drivers.  It shows 2 screens on startup and then if I hit detect a couple times in win displays, the third screen, DisplayPort, pops up…

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

I put the card in my other computer and the damn thing works fine.  All 3 screens fire up…..  should I backup everything and wipe the son of a bitch?

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

If you installed the computer with the new card in it. Then I don’t think it will work. It might, be an idea if you didn’t. Have you tried different BIOS options ?

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

I have the same computer in my cab that’s been there since day 1.  GTX 1080 wasn’t working correctly.  Here are the specs:

I had this othercomputer sitting around and I tried the same 1080 card in it and I hooked all 3 screens to it and it works perfectly:

I think I asked in the past which one was better to use with vpx and was told the intel duo core instead of the amd quad .  I either use the amd and update everything that’s out of date or I use my original intel and wipe it clean with new windows and hope the card works.  Looks like I have some more work to do…

LynnInDenver
                                      Participant
                                        @lynnindenver

Might be a leftover Registry entry from the 970 regarding the DisplayPort monitor?

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred
                                          MemberContributorModerator

A dual core cpu may be limiting when dealing with front-end and videos showing while playing,etc. I started my cab with a dual core cpu years back…and quickly realized it was the reason why PBX was struggling with multiple videos running and the odd issues I had.

The only constant here is that your cabinet cpu is where your problems lie.

A decent motherboard with a “good” quad core or higher cpu would do very nicely.

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

@terryred
                                            , do you think this one is better than the i7-4770

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?