Some help with Star Trek LE please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mirkin
    Participant
      @mirkin

I’ve just downloaded This table and as usual I can’t get it to run!

I read the thread about the game but to be honest I don’t really get what 90% of the posts  are about.

Can anybody give me a blow by blow account of how to get this table going?

I’ve downloaded a bin file called STLE0161 and put it in my ROMS folder, but this obviously isn’t the “st_161h” that the script is looking for. No matter how I change the names I always get game name not found at line 362.

I also read in the thread that I need to update VPM to 2.39 but I cuurently have 2.6 and I’ve seen 2.7 somewhere so 2.39 seems like a step backwards.

I’m running VPX 10.2 .

Also, I have managed to get a lot of SAM games working in physmod5 but the new updates etc have left me struggling again.

Thanks for any help.

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

When you change the names, are you changing the name of both the ROM and the .bin file within the ROM to st_161h?

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

If the rom naming is a concern you can always grab the file from VPU http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3990-star-trek-limited-edition-v161/ already named appropriately

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

and yes you need the latest VPM, if you haven’t downloaded the NEWEST SAM VPM (Which I linked to in the STLE thread) then it just won’t work, despite what you think about the version you currently have. I recommend downloading from this post http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?do=findComment&comment=31691

Punch it!

WED21
            Participant
              @wed21

Also I believe, it has to be a ZIP file and not a RAR. At least that’s the only way it works for me.

Mirkin
              Participant
                @mirkin

Thanks for all the replies guys.

You saved me lot of time :good:

I got it going and what a sweet table it is!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?