Stern problem

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bjschneider93
    Participant
      @bjschneider93

When I try to play AC/DC or Metallica I can’t get credits to load. I have tried setting the tables to free play but they still will not start. Any ideas?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

You running the NEW vpinmame from acdc download or VPU site?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

ozg
        Participant
          @netweight

When I try to play AC/DC or Metallica I can’t get credits to load. I have tried setting the tables to free play but they still will not start. Any ideas?

Well, when you do get it to work. Don’t count on playing Metallica LE for now unless you back up your old .dll first. (good luck) It sounds like an update (new SAM build or MAME), like randr said.

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

From what I was reading, the ACDC was fixed, but then Metallica broken… so it sounds like it’s the battle of the bands for now.

TXT11
            Participant
              @txt11

I must be a very lucky old pinballer, as I can get the latest Metallica LE and AC/DC LE both working, using VP10.2.1 and VPinmame 2.8b….. I do realise that AC/DC has canon issues, but to be able to play it and watch all those colours and lights is worth it….

bjschneider93
              Participant
                @bjschneider93

I’m also having the same issue with Indiana Jones. It seems the pushing “1” is not actually acting as a start button

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Sounds more like you’ve either have polluted you tabels folder with *.vbs scripts and/or haven’t updated your scripts folder when you updated.

bjschneider93
                  Participant
                    @bjschneider93

there are no vbs scripts in the tables folder

bjschneider93
                    Participant
                      @bjschneider93

has there been a script update since February 2017?  That is when I did my install using the all in one installer from vpforums

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

That’s good to know. I don’t know how many cases of odd problems have been related to older *.vbs files being used. Though. I must admit, a not working ‘1’ key doesn’t really point to that. But, anyway. Did you update the scripts folder as well when you updated and did you run setup.exe after upgrading ?

Ah – see that you replied while I was typing. Yeah, well – all in one is 10.2 isn’t it ? I would make sure to update to latest sam beta and overwrite the scripts as well just for good measure.

ozg
                        Participant
                          @netweight

I just re-downloaded the file to check and he’s right, it’s not working. Whoops, wait a minute, that’s a physmod5 table. I will have to try again.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Really ? That’s really odd. I have both working. Oh – uh – damn, I don’t have the newest sam I just noticed. I just downloaded it – and obviously forgot. Well, what happens with a older release ?

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

Really ? That’s really odd. I have both working. Oh – uh – damn, I don’t have the newest sam I just noticed. I just downloaded it – and obviously forgot. Well, what happens with a older release ?

Now what are you talking about, it works just fine. I just re-downloaded the table, rom and physmod5, re-tested, no problems for me.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Well, I would be alarmed whatever version of VP I was running if ‘1’ key wasn’t working. As I said, no problems here – though I don’t run latest, and I’m not getting out of bed to test either :)

ozg
                                Participant
                                  @netweight

has there been a script update since February 2017? That is when I did my install using the all in one installer from vpforums

Are you using physmod5/PM5 .exe to open the Indiana Jones table?

bjschneider93
                                  Participant
                                    @bjschneider93

no, I’m using vpx for all tables, but I’m only having that problem with AC/DC, Metallica, Tron, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Caribbean.  some other stern tables are working, walking dead, sopranos, lord of the rings

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Almost all you mention there requires a quite recent version of sam – I’m now quite sure you need to upgrade.

Get the beta – it is working almost perfectly at the moment … there is the issue about metallica and magnet – but, the table is still fun and playable.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2933-sambuild29-beta-thread/

bjschneider93
                                      Participant
                                        @bjschneider93

worked perfectly, thank you thank you thank you

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?