Steve Paradis' DarkQuest Table with Improved Physics

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeH
    Participant
      @georgeh

If any of you like Steve Paradis’ tables, I added custom physics to his DarkQuest table which is available here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-24571-darkquest

George

3 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

Very cool thanks for the heads up!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred

Yeah, Steve is a great talent….and I think he is one of the few…if maybe the only guy out there who creates tables completely using only original material for images, hologram videos, sounds, music,etc. He doesn’t use anyone else I.P. for his tables (as I think his job revolves around that).

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

I might have to reinstall FP with BAM and check this one out. Honestly, doing tables with 100% original IP (albeit in VPX) is something I want to strive for, and it might be a shot of inspiration, so to speak. Music might be a bit of a challenge for me, though.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

shiva
            Participant
              @shiva

There are a surprising amount of decent tables in FP, and most of them are built from scratch including artwork, music scripting etc. People have been doing nothing but listening to a few vpx trolls, and the only thing they have done out is miss out on some truly great original games because they are allowing someone else to make their decision, and not themselves. FP has made some great advances in physics, still a long way to go, so if you feel that FP with BAM still sucks, then it least you made up your own mind instead of someone doing it for you.  :)

Alas, FP has gotten very small the last little while, but I also feel that will change soon enough.  ;)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

TerryRed
                @terryred

Try playing this game in BAM Open VR… it looks really cool with the holograms!

LynnInDenver
                Participant
                  @lynnindenver

Well, just like a lot of things, it takes some effort to find the good stuff.

Some of the physics still feel a little floaty, but it does seem to have improved since the last time I stuck my head in.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

I might have to reinstall FP with BAM and check this one out. Honestly, doing tables with 100% original IP (albeit in VPX) is something I want to strive for, and it might be a shot of inspiration, so to speak. Music might be a bit of a challenge for me, though.

If you ever do want to give it a try, start with my guide aimed at cabinets here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

…and GeorgeH has more extensive guides over at GoPinball as well:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Something to keep in mind is tha many of FP’s tables are OLD tables (up to 11+ years!) that haven’t been updated to use new BAM features at all.  This is similar to comparing a VP9 table to a VPX table.

Any FP can be updated to use modern BAM features for lighting, shadowmaps, real mangets, mini-playfields, better physics, and so much more that makes a huge difference in the complete game. I’ve played around with some of this myself on some tables, and it really is cool to see the difference.

I tend to like FP’s original or modded tables more than any of the arcade recreations.

Oldschool4
                      Participant
                        @oldschool4

Played it today on the Cab, got to level 10. :yes:

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

Yeah, Terry, my intent if FPBAM goes on Radiant Silverball is it will be focused on original tables – I’ve already got a bunch of recreations on it via VPX (with I think TWO holdouts in VP9, because of unusual Zaccaria tables that haven’t moved forward yet) and FP isn’t really meant for those anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?