Vertigo Style

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rumblebelly5
    Participant
      @rumblebelly5

So im new here……….

Why dont I see more of these style machines out there? is there something wrong with them that doesnt work?

I put the demensions that I thought the cabinet should be into sketchup to get an idea of what it would take material wise, figured Id start cutting this weekend unless I see a good reason not to

Dodger
      Participant
        @dodger1980

If you like the design, go with it. I think you don’t see this much because it doesn’t look like a real pinball machine.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Might be hard to get a good nudging game going.

Rumblebelly5
          Participant
            @rumblebelly5

What is this nudging you speak of  :unsure:   :mail:

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

I think most people around here would be turned off to this design due to lack of backglass.

Rumblebelly5
              Participant
                @rumblebelly5

Interesting you should say that, I have a little gambling machine monitor that I score some time ago that I was going to use as the DMD on the top, its about 4in x 15in

there are somethings in the backglassI know that could run into issues (Cyclone comes to mind) but I could overcome that if I went with a 19in LCD or something similar in the top instead of this little LCD

Daryl
                Participant
                  @allknowing2012

I played this at pinburgh … found it hard to play. Eyeline is up high not near your flippers and the “edges” where your hands sit is just bad. Perhaps more work on button placement might help. A nice set up for mame though.

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

I played this at pinburgh … found it hard to play. Eyeline is up high not near your flippers and the “edges” where your hands sit is just bad. Perhaps more work on button placement might help. A nice set up for mame though.

Yeah, the angle of view is just all wrong for pinball IMO

…plus I don’t have the alien hands required to reach those flipper buttons.

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

What is this nudging you speak of :unsure: :mail:

Lots of DIY cabs have an analog nudge sensor so you can affect the ball like on a real machine.

Rumblebelly5
                      Participant
                        @rumblebelly5

Well, despite the nay sayers, I went ahead and built it.

got rid of a lot of scrap wood in my shop so win win I say

In the process of loading tables on it now and starting to configure :yahoo:

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

I finally played one tonight at PRGE. View isn’t bad for me but I’m used to playing desktop a lot. Different than cab view normally looks but I think it’s just fine. They let me fire up a couple of my builds to get a feel for it :) lol they set them up really well. I prefer my cab but then again I have the space for it and I think that’s what this comes down to really

Punch it!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

How tall are you? I found it odd to play. I will say one thing people like the “form factor” while it isn’t anything new people had vertical crt tubes in mame cabs in the 90’s I find the screen to be mounted to tall/vertical.

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

How tall are you? I found it odd to play. I will say one thing people like the “form factor” while it isn’t anything new people had vertical crt tubes in mame cabs in the 90’s I find the screen to be mounted to tall/vertical.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?