VPM / VPinMame Optimal Settings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xantari
    Participant
      @xantari

Anyone have a good cheat sheet on optimal settings for VPinMame?

I’m trying to figure out how to get games like ST TNG to skip the initialization screen.

I have cheat=1

However some have suggested putting in a value for fast frames. Mine is currently at 0xffffffff (4294967295).

What does fast frames do? It seems it is set as high as it goes now, what is the effect of altering that value?

What other values should I use?

What reasons do you have to change rol/ror values?

toxie
      Participant
        @toxie
        VP DEVMember

fast frames is the amount of emulated DMD frames that will be emulated as fast as your CPU allows for.

so you have to experiment for each machine what you can use there, usually its in the multiple 100s or 1000s range.

rol and ror you usually only need if you use a rotated TV in your cabinet backbox so that you counter-rotate the virtual DMD.

everything else should pretty much be already setup “optimally” by default.

in addition, if your machine is up to it and you have very good ears, you could change the sample rate to 96000 and/or change the new “Resampling Quality” to 1.

xantari
        Participant
          @xantari

Thanks Toxie. Great work on VPM btw!

So is fast frames the ideal option to try get it to skip the “initialization”/startup sequence of a ROM along with Cheat=1, or are there any other options?

toxie
          Participant
            @toxie
            VP DEVMember

apart from that there is nothing else.

the pinball ROM code is software like anything else that runs for example on a normal PC, so its not trivial to simply skip something in there without leading to side-effects.

xantari
            Participant
              @xantari

OK, just checking. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?