Another way to light neoleds on dof

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    flicki
    Participant
      @flicki

Hi guys!

Happy to bring this info, thanks to John Ooms and the guy who wrote the arduino code.

You know ws2811/ws2812b leds need a microcontroller board to light them.

Teensy 3.2, wemos d1 mini pro, etc..

Here it´s another solution to light this leds on dof without teensy or wemos.

You will need ONE Arduino.And for launch different effects we will use a ledwiz (you can use only arduino uno without ledwiz)

I will use an arduino uno (ch340 chipset,the cheapest one)and a mega2560 (a ledwiz clone, named ultimatepincabcontroller).

ARDUINO UNO AND NEOLEDS

First you need to open your arduino IDE, and install adafruit neopixel library.

Program—include library—library gestor and install adafruit neopixel

1paso

Then you have to select your board (arduino uno for me)and your COMport (for me it´s COM5)

PASO2

Now you can download your arduino code

https://mega.nz/#!aFRHhSwa!vaEsS4gq1ds-g0MbOLSdfWd9UfTEnOZZlHQ7iBa850s

Execute ledwiz.ino and press upload to your arduino board.

In this code you can see digital pin 4 it´s used to be data pin for neoleds, and digital pins 8,9,10,11 and 12 are used to be connected to ledwiz and launch 5 different effects.You can change the leds number here:

// Define some NeoPatterns for the two rings and the stick
      // as well as some completion routines

NeoPatterns Stick(144, 4, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800, &StickComplete);

The 144 it´s the leds number (two ledstrips-72 leds).

Now you will need a capacitor 1000 microfarads and a 220-500 ohms resistor for build a safe connection.

Just like this:

CAPACITOR 1000 microfarads on red and black wire

Resistor 220 ohms green wire ( Put near arduino uno port 4)

BUENA

Final step it´s go to dofconfig server and configure ledwiz ports for light neoleds via arduino uno.

You can choose the ledwiz port you want,no problem but keep in mind that only Digital pwm port 4 on arduino uno it´s available to drive leds with this code.

So, i will try to explain it..you have five ports on ledwiz you have to configure in dof.

Port 21 on my ledwiz it´s port number one on DOFconfig,so…  ports 31,32,33,34 and 35 on my ledwiz are the ports 10,11,12,13,14 on DOFconfig

And here you can see

ul<br />how to delete your<br />

here its the combo on combine toys (same as wemos french tutorial)

iloi

I hope will help somebody B-), i will be testing more things, will be great more ports!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      flicki
      Participant
        @flicki

Here it´s a video

This video has the same dofconfig and all exactly the same as my tutorial, if you follow my tutorial you will get those led effects on your neoleds.

I edited several times because i made a lot of misstakes but now it´s ok, enjoy!!!

flicki
        Participant
          @flicki

Hello!!!!

Another way to light neoleds with arduino uno.

We know the “scanner effect” on neoleds (you can see it, on the video, you got it on the code in my past post)

Now, we want to add more ledstrips and more effects to the arduino uno.

In my new code you got three DATA pins available (only one in my first code), so now yo could connect three different ledstrips with different effects.

-Digital pin 5 (Arduino uno)–Neoleds Data pin (220 ohms resistor)

-Digital pin 6 (Arduino uno)–Neoleds Data pin (220 ohms resistor)

-Digital pin 7 (Arduino uno)–Neoleds Data pin (220 ohms resistor)

Rainbow effect and scanner effect are my favourite effects on neoleds so.. this effects are switched to be the default effects on two data pins on the code (the pins 6 and 7).

Here you got the video, scanner effect it´s on the CPO and rainbow effect it´s on the other device. You must know only arduino uno it´s working on the video.

For launch different effects we will use two ports from ledwiz (you can add more ports :yes: )(in my first code was for five ledwiz ports)

-Digital pin 8 (Arduino uno)–Ledwiz port

-Digital pin 9 (Arduino uno)–Ledwiz port

Here it´s the code:

https://mega.nz/#!KbpkFarZ!sAqKnH-lmsKNfqMnFMcykuBR7Wqbowq89xqs4BFvfPk

(i have told you..double click on the .ino file, if you got arduino ide installed, and press upload to the arduino uno)(you must got adafruit libraries installed)

and Here it´s the video:

If you want to change the leds number connected, see this lines:  (-Explanation: 15 leds for digital pin5 onarduino uno; 72 leds for difgital pin6 on arduinouno and 15 leds for digitalpin 7(.

// Define some NeoPatterns for the two rings and the stick
          // as well as some completion routines
          NeoPatterns Ring1(15, 5, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800, &Ring1Complete);
          NeoPatterns Ring2(72, 6, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800, &Ring2Complete);
          NeoPatterns Stick(15, 7, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800, &StickComplete);

FINAL NOTE:In order that i am not able to get working wemos d1minipro i will try to figure it out more things on arduino uno :scratch:

2borG
          Participant
            @2borg

Taking this idea one step beyond, the Arduino Uno is perfectly capable of driving at least a couple of hundred leds without a problem.

I created a new topic with an Uno driving 8 (10) led strips

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/arduino-uno-as-a-led-strip-controller/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?