color dmd for virtual (LCD) dmd

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

C++ requirements in order ?

Dr.Tom
      Participant
        @crile1
        MemberContributor

I’m sorry, that comment is over my head.  can you explain what you mean?

Thalamus
          @thalamus

I told you already that you need C++ – and a link to Freezy’ github page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
          while your at it …
          https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

I bet you at least have the last one.

Dr.Tom
          Participant
            @crile1
            MemberContributor

do you mean this “vc_redist.x64.exe”?

Thalamus
              @thalamus

If you are running Win7 on 64 bit OS yes. ( most people are nowadays )

Dr.Tom
              Participant
                @crile1
                MemberContributor

sorry.  guess I thought you were mentioning the other windows  7 patch.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

After you have done that – download dmd-ext 1.5.2 again – unzip it to eg. c:\dmd-ext … then do this :

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions#test

Make sure dmd-ext runs. Even if you don’t need it.

Dr.Tom
                  Participant
                    @crile1
                    MemberContributor

hmm.  this is what I get ” ‘dmdext’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file”

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

when the table is running…. hit F1 and the VBM options will open….
                      make sure it looks like this
                      Capture-1

Attachments:
                      Dr.Tom
                      Participant
                        @crile1
                        MemberContributor

Thanks hauntfreaks.  Those are the settings.  my problem is that with all non-SAM games it works like a charm.  However, when trying to run a SAM table with external dmd, it causes vpx to immediately crash.  When I test SAM roms in vpinmame, they work fine and I get nice little dots…but when I go to open a table, it crashes.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

What HF said and well your error is because you need to change directory to where you’ve extracted that archive. If you did what I told you to it would be.

win+r -> cmd <enter> ( black screen opens )
                          cd \dmd-ext <enter>
                          dmdext test <enter>

Dr.Tom
                          Participant
                            @crile1
                            MemberContributor

the test works

Dr.Tom
                            Participant
                              @crile1
                              MemberContributor

fyi, the dmd display shows all faint dots, right before the crash.  it is like it is having trouble starting up.  The backglass and table load and the rom starts to go…then crash.

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

For those stern rom errors i thought setting the at91jit=0 helped fix that?  I could be quoting old fixes

I’m just throwing this out there no getting mad  :whistle: but I had this exact problem and switched to Windows 10 to overcome it.  DJRobX helped me a bunch with this and could not replicate any errors on his computers

Dr.Tom
                                Participant
                                  @crile1
                                  MemberContributor

where is the setting “a9jit=0”?  Also, trying to avoid updating to windows 10.  everything works…and afraid of updating…and everything not working!!!!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Out of fear of repeating myself more than once in a day …

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-walking-dead-2/page/12/#post-53592

Pssst … there is a search button on this site. And, Google has been around for over a decade now.

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Dang it Thalamus you beat me to it, had your link and everything  :mail:

I need a bunch of these links saved, half so what i remember what i’m doing , the other half to answer these questions

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Hehe. As you can see – getting a bit tired of answering the same questions again and again.

Don’t understand how GtxJoe manage to stay as calm as he does.

And, about having them saved … hmm… FAQ = Wiki ?

I should make a note so if I answer a question more then 5 times, that needs to become a wiki/faq.

Dr.Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @crile1
                                          MemberContributor

First, thank you Thalamus (and others) for trying to help me out.  I enjoy this hobby because people are usually willing to help each other because we’ve all had times where we’ve banged our heads against the wall in frustration.  However, there is no need to be rude.  Trying to find an answer to a specific issue can sometimes be like finding a needle in a haystack.  And when you are not computer savvy…then it is even harder.  I read…and read…and read before I went on here.  VPU, VPF, and VPinball…tons of topics.  Yes…I googled everything.  That’s why I came here.  I gave up in February in frustration over dmddevice.dll and I guess I’m giving up again.  I was hoping there had maybe been some progress made.  It looks like it is either enjoy what I have, or upgrade to windows 10 for new dots.  I appreciate your help, and what may seem simple to you is incredibly complex to me.  Every day people are amazed at what I can do in my occupation…and I always tell them that everyone is a genius at something and an idiot in a lot more areas.  So, please, give us idiots a break.

“F#$K it Dude…let’s play pinball”

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

It is IMO not to much to ask if you have a question to a term like ‘at91jit’. That obviously seems like a know term, to look it up before asking another question. I try to help out as much as any other guy, but, I also expect people to give it a go. IF you give it a go, and still can’t find an answer. I’m very happy to help out the best I can. I hate seeing people buying a cab or whatever. And they ask questions for every small thing there is without actually trying to find the answers themselves.

So, you have it up and running, but all Sterns fail ? Please. What tables did you try ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?