DOF R3 and Pinball X – How to stop flipper contactors from firing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xantari
    Participant
      @xantari

I’ve looked at the directoutputconfig20.ini file and am trying to decipher the line for PinballX in the hopes that I can figure out how to remove the contactors from hitting on left and right flipper key presses or limiting their ability to stay on when you hold down the left/right flipper key for a long duration.

The reason being is that if you hold the flipper left or right keys down it will engage the contactor for a long time instead of just a split second.

I don’t want to burn out my relays because of this.

So ideally I would like to just make it so that holding the left or right flipper only fires the contactor once

The reason why I want to keep DOF enabled is I like the LED right/left animation when going left/right on the wheel.

Any thoughts on how to edit the file to either

1) Only allow left/right flipper contactor to engage once if you HOLD down a left or right flipper button

2) Just disable it if #1 is not possible

Thanks!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

In a table script dof calls are 0=contractor off, 1=contractor on and 2=pulse it on/off so a dof call of 2 would be what you want by the sounds of it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        xantari
        Participant
          @xantari

Here is the line in directoutputconfig20.ini i’m looking at. I don’t know what portion of this config I change, or do I change some variable in the DOF Config tool and re-export the directoutputconfig20.ini file?

PinballX,$PBXWheelLeft White 80 W0 L2/$PBXWheelRight White 80 W320 L3/$PBXWheelPageRight|$PBXWheelPageLeft White 400 5 L4,$PBXWheelLeft White 80 W160 L2/$PBXWheelRight White 80 W160 L3/$PBXWheelPageRight|$PBXWheelPageLeft White 400 5 L4,$PBXWheelLeft White 80 W160 L2/$PBXWheelRight White 80 W160 L3/$PBXWheelPageRight|$PBXWheelPageLeft White 400 5 L4,$PBXWheelLeft White 80 W240 L2/$PBXWheelRight White 80 W80 L3/$PBXWheelPageRight|$PBXWheelPageLeft White 400 5 L4,$PBXWheelLeft White 80 W320 L2/$PBXWheelRight White 80 W0 L3/$PBXWheelPageRight|$PBXWheelPageLeft White 400 5 L4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,$PBXWheelRight/$PBXWheelPageRight/$PBXMenuUp,$PBXWheelLeft/$PBXWheelPageLeft/$PBXMenuDown,0,0

Attached are my DOF configs screenshots.

Also, I’m not sure what “MX” means in the DOF config tool, and couldn’t find reference to it in the documentation.

I also don’t know where “@allrgb@” is defined and what it means. In the line above I don’t see any references to that even though it is defined in the DOF Config tool, when I download my config file it doesn’t have any references to that. Is it excluded because I don’t have an addressable RGB light strip with a TEENSY controller at this time?

I really just want to prevent the flipper siemens contactors from staying engaged when you hold down the flipper buttons.

Phil Docker
          Participant
            @dock

“I really just want to prevent the flipper siemens contactors from staying engaged when you hold down the flipper buttons.”

Just wondering why – these contactors are industrial and will stay energized for weeks at a time if need be!  They are use in electrical control circuits.

xantari
            Participant
              @xantari

I was told by zebulon (zebsboards) that if you keep them engaged you could blow the relays on his virtual output kit. He said the board is meant for brief (less than 1 second) on/off of contactors/solenoids.

xantari
              Participant
                @xantari

I double checked, and the “you’ll blow a relay if you keep them engaged” for a long time issue is only for solenoids that draw 3+ amps. So I guess i’m going to leave this been the way it is :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?