DOF/VP table errors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scooby
    Participant
      @scooby

Hey guys,

I have had a working Visual Pinball setup (VP9, PM5 and latest VPX 10.2.1) in my cab for some time.  However something got corrupt and now I can’t get any VP versions working.  I believe it’s mainly related to my installed b2s server.  I had VP (with included b2s server) installed on my C and D drives for a couple of days while I was testing some things.  This is where everything went south.

Some tables now launch okay, but then DOF no longer works (I have tested my DOF toys outside of VP and they still work).  Other tables that have always worked, now fail to launch and with other tables, I now get rom error messages or DOF/b2s server error messages.  I tried system restore, but that did not help unfortunately.

Since I’m contemplating deleting my existing setup (was originally installed in my C:\\program files\visual pinball directory way back when), I’d like to know if I delete everything VP related in my program files directory and do a fresh install using the all-in-one VPX installer, will everything work as it used to if I install it on my D drive?  Just as important, will I need to install DOF and PROC from scratch?

This time I’d like to install VP in a created D:\\visual pinball directory.  I have a much larger SSD drive for my D drive than my C drive and would have plenty of room on the D drive going forward.

Any help is very much appreciated.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I would guess you have multiple instances of B2S server(main reason for dof not working) search for b2s server and only keep the one in the tables folder and register from that tables folder. Also make sure your scripts(.vbs) are only in the scripts folder of vp install NOT in tables folder and they are current.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scooby
        Participant
          @scooby

Thanks randr.  Somehow my Vpinmame got uninstalled and my Ultra DMD was corrupted as well.  After reinstalling the latest VPM and fixing UDMD, everything seems to be playing well again.

Now I just need to find what is taking up so much space on my C drive!  It’s not all VP and all of my other programs (FP, PinballX media, etc.) are on my D drive.  There is no way VP is taking up over 60GB of space.  Is that possible if I only have about 150 tables and db2s files?

Thanks!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

well each table what about 40-100mbX150 tables plus b2s and roms seems high to me but i didnt do the math :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

https://windirstat.net/

Will help you hunting down “big” folders.

Scooby
              Participant
                @scooby

Thanks randr and Thalamus.  That windirstat program was real helpful.

It looks like I have a lot of data inside of my VP folder.  I guess I need to purge some files to make room.  I could swap the SSD drive for a larger one, but then I may need to reinstall everything and reset all settings, etc.  I also am planning to upgrade my video card, so I’d like to wait on upgrading the C drive at the same time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?