New SPIDER MAN Vault edition (Stern)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

Just noticed Stern have re-issued Spiderman – with some new DMD animations. Same playfield, and different backglass.

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/spider-man-vault-edition/spider-man-vault-edition

I see that no ‘software’ can be downloaded at the moment. I wonder if they are using the new boardset or the SAM system?

Does this mean if it is the old SAM system we just have to change the ROM we use and hope someone does a new animated backglass??

Does anyone have more info?

Thanks!

Pinball Shawn
      Participant
        @pinballshawn

It’s a Spike system game. All new Sterns use the new system.

LTA
        Participant
          @luvthatapex

The new Spiderman edition will be using SAM, not Spike. Unfortunately Stern made it incompatible with the current Spiderman by changing one or 2 solenoids. You can’t load the new Spiderman code when released into a spiderman game, but I bet the vpinmame guys will add it to the SAM games so we should be able to play it on our cabs!!

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

It’s also got new playfield art (comic book style) right? I thought it looked great

Punch it!

Pinball Shawn
            Participant
              @pinballshawn

I’m surprised they would use the old board set. It was a more expensive system, but I guess it’s cheaper than having the whole game re-coded.

Phil Docker
              Participant
                @dock

I thought they would use SAM – it makes sense. With the other coils wouldnt it just be the case of moving a few things about – and also changing the playfield art?
                Its 95% the same game?

Sadly I am no ‘photoshop’ whizz or programmer – but I would love to see the vault edition on here when more graphics/software is released.

Do like the new cabinet art too….. Worked on (and owned) a few Spiderman games. It is very enjoyable in real life or on VP.

Pinball Shawn
                Participant
                  @pinballshawn

Have at it!

TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

Hmmmmmm…….interesting.

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Have one seen today, played some Games … at http://www.pindigi.at

Phil Docker
                      Participant
                        @dock

Well – got the old table working with the new ROM and it is now an even better game!

Can not wait for someone to do the conversion on the playfield art.

Sadly if you actually own an OLD Spiderman, you can not flash the new version as it is a 64mb file – the old one was 32mb.  Saying that someone will find a hack !

mcfly
                        Participant
                          @mcfly

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but would really love some help with getting the SM VE rom to work with my vp9 table. Can anyone help please ???? I just have the normal table as I couldn’t find a SMVE table anywhere. When I start the table with the new rom it gets all these errors

Phil Docker
                          Participant
                            @dock

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but would really love some help with getting the SM VE rom to work with my vp9 table. Can anyone help please ???? I just have the normal table as I couldn’t find a SMVE table anywhere. When I start the table with the new rom it gets all these errors

You need the latest SAM VPinMAME file installed.
                            Download the VAULT rom from Stern.
                            Change the name of the ROM In the ‘scripts’ part of the table itself.
                            Dont forget once you have downloaded the stern rom, you have to name it properly….  First of all run it in VPinMAME on its own to make sure it works.

mcfly
                            Participant
                              @mcfly

Thanks, I’ve renamed the rom to smanve_100 and then renamed the cgamename = to smanve_100 in the parts of the scripts to say the same and it keeps saying no rom found or bugs out on the controller Line 71 game name not found . Line 71 says .GameName= cGameName ??? I have been able to get all the other sterns to work so everything else seems ok.

mcfly
                              Participant
                                @mcfly

Success, I tried it all again and all up and running, thanks for your help :)

roar
                                Participant
                                  @roar

You should give the VPX version a try too! Looks great with the colour rom too if you have a colour dmd.

Phil Docker
                                  Participant
                                    @dock

I can not believe in just under a year none of the game writers here have swapped the table artwork over.

Come on gentlemen.  Will be a mega game to have in your cabs with the newer artwork !
                                    :)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?