NFL (Stern 2001) Seahawks VPX2.1 Mod

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

NFL (Stern 2001) Seahawks VPX2.1 Mod

A graphics Mod of Sliderpoint’s VPX NFL (Stern 2001) table.
      (BIG THANKS TO SLIDERPOINT FOR PERMISSION TO MOD HIS AMAZING TABLE, AND FOR HELP WIH SCRIPT, AND FOR HIS UPGRADES FOR VERSION3.0!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO TOXIE AND FUZZEL AND ALL INVOLVED!!) UPGRADED CORE VBS TO ALLOW FOR 32 TEAM CAPACITY NVRAM
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT AND CARNY_PRIEST FOR HELP TEACHING ME COLOR DMD SCRIPT COMMANDS!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO CARNY_PRIEST FOR UPDATED SCORE AND INSTRUCTION CARDS IN SWF FORMAT. SO PICS AREN’T DISTORTED OR STRETCHED WITH FRONTEND USAGE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO STEVE “Slydog43” FOR GRAPHICS CARD!! WITHOUT IT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THESE MODS!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT FOR ADDING SCRIPT CHANGE TO MAKE TEAM COLOR CHANGES WITH MAGNA-SAVE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO SCOTTYVH FOR REDOING TEXT ON PLAYFIELD LIGHTS AND FITTING CORRECTLY!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO GTXJOE FOR HELP WITH MUSIC AND SOUND COMMANDS!!)

All Pictures, Sounds, Logos and Trademarks are Property of their respective owners. I just found the pics on google, and got the sound files from free ringtones on google.
      I am a NFL FAN!!!
      This should be considered as fan art.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF PINMAME 2.8B FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY. SLIDERPOINT TOOK ADVANTAGE OF SOME NEW THINGS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE NEW PINMAME 2.8B because it has the GI support for Whitestar I/II based ROMs.

IF PLAYED WITHOUT NEWEST PINMAME, ALOT OF THE NEW LIGHTS WILL NOT FUNCTION.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF VPX 10.2.1 FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY.

To switch from Home,Away and Classic team colors, PRESS R-CTRL (Right Magna-Save)

MUSIC AND NVRAM

Just place the music files into music folder located where Visual Pinball was installed for Sound Mod sounds.
      Place all NFL.nv files in the nvram folder located in same directory as music. This will start your team instead of Giants at beginning of game. Just pull the plunger and your team  is ready to go.

3 NFL Songs play randomly with plunger pull.
      The rest are activated by Drain, and other areas.

The Sound Mod is OFF by Default.

Press the “M” key on keyboard to activate Sound Mod. Or press to turn off Sound Mod.
      If you want the Sound Mod activated from startup of table, change Line 19 in table script from..

Line 19  toggleModSounds = 0 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off

to

Line 19  toggleModSounds = 1 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off

SAVE TABLE AFTERWARDS FOR CHANGES TO STAY.

TO TURN UP ROM SOUND, HOLD THE 9 KEY AND PRESS THE 8 KEY

THESE MODS HAVE A COLOR-DMD WITH TEAM COLORS.
      IF YOU DON’T ACTIVATE THE COLOR IN YOUR PINMAME, THE DMD COLORS WILL LOOK BLACK AND WHITE WITH NO COLORS.

Hope you enjoy!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

This looks SO MUCH better than the previous releases.  The cover image should be updated with higher video quality settings in VP so people can see just how much nicer it looks.  I attached the two views to this post as examples.

Sliderpoint
        Participant
          @sliderpoint
          MemberContributor

Minor update here to fix playfield transparency and change the VUK behaviors. Plus a couple other little things.

-Mike

xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

I added to changelog but guess I should add here too..

v3.0 Sliderpoint made alot of upgrades..

Including missing plunger sounds, plunger lane guard, new goal post, fixed transparency on playfield image, changed VUK behaviour, and much more!!

Thank you so much Mike for helping me with these mods!!

I cannot thank you enough!!

You really did a fantastic job on this table!!

This will be template for the rest of the teams.

Thanks again my friend!!

I will never forget this!!

cabuford
            Participant
              @cabuford

Very excited these are getting made, I could never get the VP9 version to rotate properly for my cabinet.

I’ve noticed an oddity when playing on my cabinet with a V3 Virtuapin plunger setup. After the ball is initially launched, pressing and releasing any button causes the plunger to move. I’m very new at this but I found if I moved Plunger:Fire at Line 247 above line 246 it fixed the problem.

Also my autoplunger was not working, I could hear it firing but it wouldn’t shoot the ball. I went into the table and positioned Plunger1 exactly where Plunger is and that fixed the problem.

If I load the table without my plunger plugged in, none of these problems arise.

Hope this helps and looking forward to the Cowboys version!

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

Very excited these are getting made, I could never get the VP9 version to rotate properly for my cabinet. I’ve noticed an oddity when playing on my cabinet with a V3 Virtuapin plunger setup. After the ball is initially launched, pressing and releasing any button causes the plunger to move. I’m very new at this but I found if I moved Plunger:Fire at Line 247 above line 246 it fixed the problem. Also my autoplunger was not working, I could hear it firing but it wouldn’t shoot the ball. I went into the table and positioned Plunger1 exactly where Plunger is and that fixed the problem. If I load the table without my plunger plugged in, none of these problems arise. Hope this helps and looking forward to the Cowboys version!

The “plunger1” I believe is used for the auto-plunger that is ROM controlled and should not be affected by mech plungers.  “Plunger” is the one that should move when you hit the plunger key or pull a mech plunger.  I think I’ve heard of there being various issues with plunger object placement with the different mech plunger solutions out there.  Maybe the fact that your’s is also affecting ‘Plunger1″ even though it shouldn’t is one of those issues.  I use a pinscape and I don’t have the same behavior as you.

-Mike

cabuford
                Participant
                  @cabuford

The real plunger controls Plunger just fine, but for some reason having it plugged in affects the autoplunger (Plunger1). I can’t explain it, hasn’t happened on any other tables.

It’s playing great now though! Thanks to all involved!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?